Preview R24 | Sydney vs Adelaide | SCG - Sat 24/8 @ 7:40PM AEST | We need to prove a point (unlike last year)

In honour of our guests, what are the Crows best performances against us in recent years?

• 2024 at home – Graciously hosting the biggest Amartey Party yet

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • 2016 Semi Final – Giving up a 7 goal opening quarter to... us

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 2012 Qualifying Final – Kicking 5.12 in a 29 point loss

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • 2012 – Keeping the Tippett contract so quiet they almost got something for him

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • 2013 at home – Kicking as many goals as Jesse White into the 3rd

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 2017 at home – Nailbiting loss and Talia's chase on Buddy

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 2020 at home – Tex missing with 30 seconds left, in front of a usual 4th quarter Adelaide crowd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2023 at home – Failing to defend a crucial late kick-in, allowing the game to be iced

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Longmire presser..

If players are sore or injured they definitely wont play proceeds to mention Hayward knee has been sore for the past few weeks and was sore early in the first quarter last week and he was worried about it :|

just clueless

:drunk::drunk:

Warner was sore before the Pies game but didn't tell us...

It's pretty rare a player will volunteer that they're sore, unless it's plainly obvious in their movement and/or in a check-up. If a player is out with soreness they could otherwise play with, ie. taking the conservative approach, it's because the coach wants it that way.

From that perspective, Hayward has a right to be probably a little pissed off with his coach. Others are having little niggles and soreness and Horse is being conservative with them, but no such luck for Hayward. I'm not his biggest fan but he deserves a chance to be at 100% in finals like the others.

It's pretty rare a player will volunteer that they're sore, unless it's plainly obvious in their movement and/or in a check-up. If a player is out with soreness they could otherwise play with, ie. taking the conservative approach, it's because the coach wants it that way.

From that perspective, Hayward has a right to be probably a little pissed off with his coach. Others are having little niggles and soreness and Horse is being conservative with them, but no such luck for Hayward. I'm not his biggest fan but he deserves a chance to be at 100% in finals like the others.

Hayward case Longmire makes it sound he was overruled?? because he said he worried about it last week lol

It is peculiar to say the least :shrug:

Misleading.

Is anyone saying he should be rushed back in? He's had 5 games.

And the only reason why he'd be in the selection frame is due to managing players, dropping quiet ones. Not that he's a walk up start to our 22/23 or anything like that.

And no, not related to Gus. Can only deal with one relative rumour, given I must be Rampe's mum because I didn't think the 2 year deal was a horrific blight on our club.
Thats enough out of you Mrs R

He seems to play better sore

How well are we going ?

I’ll tell you how well.

We’re going so well that everyone cares more about who’s being rested than the match result!

Disrespecting the opposition can only serve us well. Hope the players are just as arrogant.

Arrogant footy is winning footy.

I like fast players.

How well are we going ?

I’ll tell you how well.

We’re going so well that everyone cares more about who’s being rested than the match result!

Disrespecting the opposition can only serve us well. Hope the players are just as arrogant.

I like fast players.

Arent you looking forward to everyone else beating each other up?

How well are we going ?

I’ll tell you how well.

I like fast players.
I care about the result, but we can get it even if we rest a couple. In fact, I think it increases our chances of wins this week and in finals.

Words you would not expect to hear at the start of the season.

To be clear, I don't think Will is a better player, it's just we don't have a direct replacement for his role. They are also very different injuries. Chad playing on a sore calf has more potential for a serious tear than Hayward playing with a sore knee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Words you would not expect to hear at the start of the season.
Well if you looked at the list dynamic it became pretty obvious he alongside Grundy and Rampe were the hardest to replace. I mean we literally don't have another played currently playing his exact position at the club (with Heeney's move into the midfield).

How well are we going ?

I’ll tell you how well.

I like fast players.

We like JHWF

Kane Cornes reckons we’ll rest Hayward & Grundy, but Chad, Heeney & Errol all play.

Kane Cornes reckons we’ll rest Hayward & Grundy, but Chad, Heeney & Errol all play.
Heeney's already had a week off and Gulden wouldn't need a rest anyway I wouldn't have thought.

But it would be interesting if we decide to rest Hayward only once we've sufficiently forced him to play through several games carrying niggles, whereas others get the week off straight away.

Would be a good idea to rest Hayward with his ankle at least. Don’t want Ladhams in the side but. Would rather McAndrew in as our ruck lol

Players I'd like to see rested... Grundy, Hayward, Gulden, Blakey. And I'd be giving pretty limited minutes to both Heeney and Warner as well.

Resting those who are sore or have niggles

Resting those to avoid a risk of injury.

Resting those who could come back but not quite 100%.

Playing the group so they regain touch and the winning chemistry.

Playing the group so they don’t lose fitness base given the bye after the QF.

Lots to ponder for a coach.

Another captain obvious post from JHWF.

Players I'd like to see rested... Grundy, Hayward, Gulden, Blakey. And I'd be giving pretty limited minutes to both Heeney and Warner as well.
Agree on the first three. Blakey may also be tired but I think he still needs to find form and sync with returning defenders.

Gulden potentially in the same category, but I suspect he is more tired and in slightly less need to find form - so I would lean towards resting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back