Preview R24 | Sydney vs Adelaide | SCG - Sat 24/8 @ 7:40PM AEST | We need to prove a point (unlike last year)

In honour of our guests, what are the Crows best performances against us in recent years?

• 2024 at home – Graciously hosting the biggest Amartey Party yet

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • 2016 Semi Final – Giving up a 7 goal opening quarter to... us

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 2012 Qualifying Final – Kicking 5.12 in a 29 point loss

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • 2012 – Keeping the Tippett contract so quiet they almost got something for him

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • 2013 at home – Kicking as many goals as Jesse White into the 3rd

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 2017 at home – Nailbiting loss and Talia's chase on Buddy

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 2020 at home – Tex missing with 30 seconds left, in front of a usual 4th quarter Adelaide crowd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2023 at home – Failing to defend a crucial late kick-in, allowing the game to be iced

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better than Pete Ladhams.
If we're managing players personally I'd prefer we bring in players to carry the bulk of the load, instead of shifting the load onto players that will be playing in September anyway

Bring Ladhams in and let him do 75% ToG with McLean doing the rest, so McLean and Amarety have plenty of forward and bench time to take it easy.

And who knows, if we cop injuries during the finals giving guys like Ladhams a proper run in the ones now probably isn't the worst idea

If we're managing players personally I'd prefer we bring in players to carry the bulk of the load, instead of shifting the load onto players that will be playing in September anyway

Bring Ladhams in and let him do 75% ToG with McLean doing the rest, so McLean and Amarety have plenty of forward and bench time to take it easy.

And who knows, if we cop injuries during the finals giving guys like Ladhams a proper run in the ones now probably isn't the worst idea
That's a good point. Even though I'm confident McLean could do the job, don't want him getting bashed around unnecessarily.

Well if you looked at the list dynamic it became pretty obvious he alongside Grundy and Rampe were the hardest to replace. I mean we literally don't have another played currently playing his exact position at the club (with Heeney's move into the midfield).
coupled with papley getting injured at the same time.

we really dot have much in the way of mid to little forwards that can impact the scoreboard. been a problem for a while actually as I recall a sad day in tasmania where a small forward missed a gettable shot.

If we're resting Grundy, I'd be surprised if Horse decides to change our system in the final round before finals.

So if it's a ruck and 3 KPFs, it should be Ladhams as ruck (McAndrew a smoky), because that's who we would turn to in finals if Grundy went down. Hamling if Amartey doesn't play.

Just getting to the GF isn't a pass mark for 2024.

Rest Grundy, Hayward and Gulden. And Chad if he isn't quite right. And play Ladhams.

What have the Crows got to play for, and they won't be bringing Rankine.

Just getting to the GF isn't a pass mark for 2024.

Rest Grundy, Hayward and Gulden. And Chad if he isn't quite right. And play Ladhams.

What have the Crows got to play for, and they won't be bringing Rankine.
Crows didn't have anything to play for when they flogged the Dogs 10 days ago.

coupled with papley getting injured at the same time.

we really dot have much in the way of mid to little forwards that can impact the scoreboard. been a problem for a while actually as I recall a sad day in tasmania where a small forward missed a gettable shot.
Bit of a dearth of them in the competition tbh, with all of Cameron, Greene, Kosi, Hill et al struggling this year -I suspect Dylan Moore is the most likely AA small-mid, which is a surprising development.

History shows they can be potent in finals though!

Bit of a dearth of them in the competition tbh, with all of Cameron, Greene, Kosi, Hill et al struggling this year -I suspect Dylan Moore is the most likely AA small-mid, which is a surprising development.

History shows they can be potent in finals though!
All the good small forwards are at GWS it feels like with Daniels have a quietly outstanding season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to see more of our players backing themselves in to have shots at goal when they get the ball anywhere in that 50-55m zone. We have some absolutely thumping kicks in our team who, if they had the same bravado as a Gulden or a Warner, could add even more scoreboard impact than what we already get from the midfield.

I'd like to see more of our players backing themselves in to have shots at goal when they get the ball anywhere in that 50-55m zone. We have some absolutely thumping kicks in our team who, if they had the same bravado as a Gulden or a Warner, could add even more scoreboard impact than what we already get from the midfield.
Braeden Campbell, now is the hour!

I think we do have players aside from Chad and Errol who do that. Florent did it last week. Jordon has done it. And McDonald. And JMac. Campbell, obviously. Blakey from time to time.

The problem is, when they go through we celebrate and when they don't we bemoan the selfishness or lack of vision of said player.

It's been two months since we looked anything close to the best team in the comp. Most premiers have a two or three week period where that is the case. Not two whole months.

It would be very hard to be optimistic about our chances of doing anything in September if we go into it with that form-line.

Simply must play our best available team and play as close to our best footy as we can possibly get.

Rory Laird went on air and blasted Rachele for his antics last week. They are clearly taking themselves seriously so I wouldn't be taking them lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back