Preview R24 | Sydney vs Adelaide | SCG - Sat 24/8 @ 7:40PM AEST | We need to prove a point (unlike last year)

In honour of our guests, what are the Crows best performances against us in recent years?

• 2024 at home – Graciously hosting the biggest Amartey Party yet

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • 2016 Semi Final – Giving up a 7 goal opening quarter to... us

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 2012 Qualifying Final – Kicking 5.12 in a 29 point loss

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • 2012 – Keeping the Tippett contract so quiet they almost got something for him

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • 2013 at home – Kicking as many goals as Jesse White into the 3rd

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 2017 at home – Nailbiting loss and Talia's chase on Buddy

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 2020 at home – Tex missing with 30 seconds left, in front of a usual 4th quarter Adelaide crowd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2023 at home – Failing to defend a crucial late kick-in, allowing the game to be iced

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree completely.. sitting in the opposite camp Lol!

First, perhaps Grundy's niggle requires surgery or considerable rest (more than 2-3 weeks), but won't get worse with playing, in which case he keeps playing.

Second, given his age, he needs to keep playing, with less game time and less training, but keep going none the less. I know there are a lot of folk calling for him to be rested, but I'm betting they're young... The final series itself gives us the best chance of resting him between games, as so long as we keep winning, he get's every second week off until after the prelim.

Unless he has an injury that will be cured by a week or two off, he absolutely needs to keep going in my view!
Hi kirkswan

Perhaps you're right, but I would like to use the most recent example of resting older players and achieving the ultimate success with them being primed to perform when it mattered - Geelong 2022 Grand Final.

David Zita the only decent name there. Guess I'll be unmuting for the half time crossover!
I really don’t have a problem with any commentator. They don’t trouble me like they clearly do some people.

I hazard a guess every one of them knows more about footy than me.

Dermott gets a bit discursive.

And Jonathan Brown has a great voice for mime.

Parker in 1 quarter goes into the middle the last 2 weeks and has more impact than Adams does for a game
It's almost as if giving players a few weeks rest from running 15 km every weekend and taking a beating on top reinvigorates their legs and sees them able to get to the ball more....

I've no doubt if Adams & Grundy were given this game off they would have improved output in finals after the two weeks rest.

Horse is quite frankly thick as a plank. Does exactly the same thing, year in, year out. Our players are always cooked come the pointy end of the season. He's incapable of learning.

I'm aware, just haven't had anyone convince me that trotting out Grundy and Hayward again, will help us this week or in finals.

Exhausted/hurt players tend not to play better or get into form by continuing to play.
some players like to play as much as they can I guess, resting when a game is scheduled is not something they like so mentally there is your initial benefit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some players like to play as much as they can I guess, resting when a game is scheduled is not something they like so mentally there is your initial benefit
I'm not sure how players being mentally annoyed they aren't playing a game, can impact the game they aren't playing.

If there's any carryover to the next game they play, would hope that it's that they want to show the coaches they shouldn't have missed a game for any reason.

If players are getting thoroughly beaten or hobbling around, but get pissy if managed, they probably need a lesson in mental fortitude and longer term thinking. If they protest that they aren't tired, they should be made to explain why they look like it.

Wonder if the board will go into meltdown if any of our guns cops a 2+ week injury? Suspect the sack Horse thread will get a workout 🤣

I disagree completely.. sitting in the opposite camp Lol!

First, perhaps Grundy's niggle requires surgery or considerable rest (more than 2-3 weeks), but won't get worse with playing, in which case he keeps playing.

Second, given his age, he needs to keep playing, with less game time and less training, but keep going none the less. I know there are a lot of folk calling for him to be rested, but I'm betting they're young... The final series itself gives us the best chance of resting him between games, as so long as we keep winning, he get's every second week off until after the prelim.

Unless he has an injury that will be cured by a week or two off, he absolutely needs to keep going in my view!
As great as our undefeated run was, our best 2 performances of the season hands down were round 0 and Round 1. I get it's the completely opposite end of the season and there will be variables and nuances, but I'm more so looking at the way our boys moved in those games - they were like men possessed and looked infinitely stronger and quicker than of recent. Imo that was purely down to being fresh af after tapering off from a grueling pre season, and I think we should've taken this opportunity to recreate that by deloading and allow those fast twitch muscle fibres to recover completely.

Geelong took every single opportunity they had in 2022, not just the last round of the H & A but all throughout the season. Their results spoke for themselves. And as much as I love horse and I back him to the hilt, it's been a recurring theme where he's grinded great squads to a pulp come the last couple of games of the year where we just look sluggish and in just grind the game out mode. 2 weeks off matches is absolutely nothing in context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back