Preview R7 Match Preview - Collingwood v North - By DaVe86

Remove this Banner Ad

If Josh is injured this week, then it would be a useful experiment, and use Dawes backup ruck. I think it can work in that case. But the Kangas have a strong ruck division...one of the best...so I would not be going in with a make-shift ruck.

Yeah this concerns me. I've seen most of Norths games and they definately have a strong ruck comnination and this is why its gonna be very tough for the selection committee with who is ommitted this week. Who knows.. Hopefully fraser is fit and we don't have to make any changes. Wood IMO has the skills to be a better ruckman but Josh is more versatile and thats why he will get the nod ahead of him at this stage.

Structure is key and if it aint broken dont fix it.

Good write up.

I wouldn't be surprised with more changes then expected this week though, with a 6 day break leading into another 6 day break and a trip to Freo, could be time to "refresh" anyone who is struggling a bit.

Davis and Fraser are the obvious 2, but others might be carrying little "niggles" too.

I'd hope for;

In: Wood, Presti, Lockyer
Out: Fraser (rest,inj), Davis (rest, get him right for his fav ground next week), Reid.

one of my favourite times of the week, these reviews
thanks so much dave, there should be some editors out there reading these and knocking on your email program, really are super work

your read on the teams each week is first class

^thats not a bad idea at all... each round would feature the previews and subsequent reviews, and select quotes from the board to capture the pre-game, post-game feel, include in it some pictures and a forward by DTM and you've got yourself a bestseller..

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R7 Match Preview - Collingwood v North - By DaVe86

Remove this Banner Ad

Back