Scandal Racist fan throws banana at Eddie Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

Shame your club hasn't come out stronger, 11 games for throwing stuff at a player is pathetic.

Her membership has been revoked immediately before any investigation is completed.

Hold your frothing until the final wrap up.

You're right. Menial labor, unpaid work and similar jobs should be 'whites only'.

Exactly. There is a difference between an unintentional racial jibe (quickly forgiven with an apology and everyone moves on) or being intentionally racist. A slip of the tounge or being unaware of context isnt a issue for anyone.

In this case, she threw a bananna at an Aboriginal player. Context, tick. Intent? Tenuously debateable at absolute best. I mean, maybe she just happened to be sitting in a pocket with a spare banana with a minute to go, and it was just random chance that she threw it at an Aboriginal player, after a whole year of coming to the footy and spewing racist shit. I suppose its possible.

I know where my money is going. Ban her for life. She can hurl her racist jibes and bananas at players from the comfort of her own home.

Yes because thats what I was obbiously implying

So you guys get to be the arbiter of what people are offended by and what they see as an affront to their heritage, their race and their family?

That might be the most arrogant ******* thing I've ever read.

As I posted previously, perhaps do some research into the history of government-sanctioned (and government-led) racism against Indigenous Australians before professing to tell them that you could possibly understand how they feel and make a personal comparison to it.
Don't quote me in your little outrage moment if you can't follow a conversation. Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes because thats what I was obbiously implying

What were you implying? That its OK to call a black guy who does menial labor or unpaid work your slave?

Context is important. You might not mind being called a slave in that context, but they probably do. Is it too much to ask you avoid doing it once you're aware of the context? No-one is going to wail on you for doing it unintentionally, but if you do it anyway, in full knowledge of the context (that its a racist jibe), you're a racist bellend.

Its bloody sad that we still have a larger than negligble bunch of people coming in to defend this woman. Shows we still have a lot of work to do.

If only people had the same disdain for racism as they did for SJWs and political correctness. Shite like this would be non existent.

Who is suggesting lynching? I don't understand why the head in the sand crowd continue to bring it up in a Don Quixote like defence against imaginary attackers.

I give it till Monday morning until she uses the 'people are picking on me and threatening me, I have had threats on my life' bullshit.

That seems to be the second stage of this process - deflection.

I can't be bothered reading the whole thread....does anyone here actually recognise the person who threw the fruit projectile?
I wonder how her friends and acquaintances would have reacted when they saw the vid!

You weren't talking about that. You were talking about her membership being revoked immediately pending an investigation.

Now you're just being a dick.

It was revoked immediately and she's banned for 2017, AT THE SAME TIME. They are not two different things.

Life ban for attending games, and criminal prosecution for assault.

a) who did she assault?
b) what does this have to do with the club?

That's a possibility pending the investigation
Why even allow an alternative?

For a Chairman who spoke of his admiration for other Chairmen who made tough calls, here was an opportunity on a platter. Forget the racism stuff, she threw an object on to the field of play at a player. Lifetime ban. No exceptions.

What happened to the Crows bloke who mouthed off at Varcoe? I can't remember the outcome if there was any.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Racist fan throws banana at Eddie Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back