Raines Replacement

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have to trade raines this week? who should i trade him for? atm i'm thinking cheney is the way to go.

my other defenders (if it influences your suggestion) are goddard, c.cornes, hodge, petrenko, mcphee, houlihan, hill and broughton. i also have $106, 400 in the bank.

swap hill for cheney (+$70K or so)

swap raines for Gilbert/ Hansen

thoughts on shannon hurn from the eagles??

only costs $6000 more than raines and appears to be playing the rebounding defender role pretty well with some good scores. has a booming kick which is always good for SC

I really dont know what to do with raines.

Im planning on trading Hill down to petrenko or rance, which would leave my bottom 4 backs as raines suban cheney and petrenko.

This isssue is then do i
a)trade raines for a rookie - rance or petrenko
b)trade raines for a mid range player - frawley,hansen,gilbert,dempsey,hurn
c)keep raines on the bench with it being more likely to cop a 0.

I really dont know what to do with raines.

Im planning on trading Hill down to petrenko or rance, which would leave my bottom 4 backs as raines suban cheney and petrenko.

This isssue is then do i
a)trade raines for a rookie - rance or petrenko
b)trade raines for a mid range player - frawley,hansen,gilbert,dempsey,hurn
c)keep raines on the bench with it being more likely to cop a 0.

I have the same issue except I have Stephen Tiller ($218K, dropped last week) and not Stephen Hill.

My thoughts are Tiller for a rookie (Rance or Cheney) which gives me 7 on the field again and then keep my spare cash for later when I get more info on Raines. If you look at the scores the best defenders so far are naturally the expensive ones, not these mid-range types which seem to be in and out of their teams.

But I'll re-assess as the week goes on. I feel Cheney was a one hit wonder as could Rance easily be. I already have Suban and Petrenko.

only costs $6000 more than raines and appears to be playing the rebounding defender role pretty well with some good scores. has a booming kick which is always good for SC
Hurn is an interesting development, I had him last year and he only played 6 games. But this year he seems to be fulfilling some of his early promise. He is a first round draft pick and could be set for a breakout year. I'm trying to decide between him & Houlihan for my squad. Houlihan looks like being the more consistent scorer of the two though.

I still have not decided. I'm in 2 minds what to do with him. Either way he'll be gone from my squad.

Option 1 is the one I am leaning towards which is swap him for Cheney, pocket the cash and use it on a player coming down in value in a couple of weeks. I've got my eye on Hodge and think he will be very affordable by Round 5 or 6.

Option 2 is trade him for a player close to the value of Raines. Players like Hurn, Houlihan, Gilbert or Hansen. All should rise a decent amount.

I already have 3 rookies in Hill, Suban, Petrenko and will probably have to dump Hill as well by the looks of things. Although I may wait a week and see how Rance goes.

What would you guys do?

My forward line is a bit of a mess as well but it looks like Hentschel's injury is not as bad as expected. Ben Reid sits there like a stale bottle of piss and Mitch Brown sounded a little banged up also.

Edit: Hentschel out for a month. Great....

I still have not decided. I'm in 2 minds what to do with him. Either way he'll be gone from my squad.

Option 1 is the one I am leaning towards which is swap him for Cheney, pocket the cash and use it on a player coming down in value in a couple of weeks. I've got my eye on Hodge and think he will be very affordable by Round 5 or 6.

Option 2 is trade him for a player close to the value of Raines. Players like Hurn, Houlihan, Gilbert or Hansen. All should rise a decent amount.

I already have 3 rookies in Hill, Suban, Petrenko and will probably have to dump Hill as well by the looks of things. Although I may wait a week and see how Rance goes.

What would you guys do?

My forward line is a bit of a mess as well but it looks like Hentschel's injury is not as bad as expected. Ben Reid sits there like a stale bottle of piss and Mitch Brown sounded a little banged up also.

Edit: Hentschel out for a month. Great....

he is going to play, and his price will rise, providing he stays injury free, will play most of the year one would imagine :rolleyes:

ive made my mind up and gonna go with hurn, since i already have houla. If hurn can get me 80+ each week id happy with that for his price.

nah looked at him, but i dont wanna run the risk of having 3 saints defenders in backline (fisher & goddard)

LOL! Yeah same as me, I have Goddard and Fisher too and don't like having three players from the same team on one line.

Having said that I have Ablett, Bartel and Selwood in my midfeild. In hindsight it was too much Geelong overkill. Oh how I would love either Gibbs, Dal Santo or Goodes instead of Selwood right about now. :eek:

Selwood should get better from here though you would think. :D

LOL! Yeah same as me, I have Goddard and Fisher too and don't like having three players from the same team on one line.

Having said that I have Ablett, Bartel and Selwood in my midfeild. In hindsight it was too much Geelong overkill. Oh how I would love either Gibbs, Dal Santo or Goodes instead of Selwood right about now. :eek:

Selwood should get better from here though you would think. :D

LOL i have gibbs and im loving him :D as well as judd ablett an cross...even rich :thumbsu:

Yeah 3 saints would be overkill in the defence. Dont want to run that risk:eek: Plus hurn looks good and can be used as a scoring option for WCE.

Selwood should get better, he doesnt have to handle the tag an can go head to head, id expect him to score pretty high this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selwood was tagged against Richmond, he said so on the channel 7 sunday footy show (cant remember the name) it's interesting Richmond chose to go this way and also bloody frustrating for those who thought 'Ablett et al will allow Selwood to run riot and dominate SC', :p ultimate compliment for him tho considering out midfield depth and strength

Selwood was tagged against Richmond, he said so on the channel 7 sunday footy show (cant remember the name) it's interesting Richmond chose to go this way and also bloody frustrating for those who thought 'Ablett et al will allow Selwood to run riot and dominate SC', :p ultimate compliment for him tho considering out midfield depth and strength

Not thrilled to see Jackson saying that Selwood admitted that Jackson had beaten him after the game...

True, although not all players will adapt to getting tagged immediately, see G. Ablett a few years back, just hopefully he adapts sooner rather than later! It also doesnt help when Corey has been paying at times off half back and Bartel played on Richo.

so im still totally unsure whether to keep raines or trade him for
1. gilbert
2. patful
3. ryder (looks a pretty good option)
4. hurn
5. lachy hansen
6. roberts-thompson

????

Hurn is an interesting development, I had him last year and he only played 6 games. But this year he seems to be fulfilling some of his early promise. He is a first round draft pick and could be set for a breakout year. I'm trying to decide between him & Houlihan for my squad. Houlihan looks like being the more consistent scorer of the two though.

I already have Houlihan so I'm leaning towards a Raines - Hurn swap this week. It's to risky swapping Raines for a bottom priced rookie, their form is to up and down. I also have Hill so having four rookies in my defence will be a concern.

Surely Broughton will get a game this week after the Dockers woeful defensive display against the Bombers. That will be a huge bonus if he does.

It may be hard to believe but according to the Round 3 - Injury List (source below) Raines is going to be back in 2 weeks, approximately round 5. However injuryupdate.com says he will be back during Round 6.

Sources:
1. http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25236038-19742,00.html?from=public_rss
2. http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=74577

They said 3-4 weeks when he did it so round 5 was what they said from the start. By the over-reaction that followed you'd swear it was all season!

I kept him to now, and will keep him until he returns. He's a 1st 22 player when fit rather than all these risky rookies - especially those at Freo!

I am so glad I jumped off the S Hill bandwagon right before rnd 1 lockout.

Apparently Liam Anthony is only a 2-3 weeks away too so I reckon I will hold on to him too.

They said 3-4 weeks when he did it so round 5 was what they said from the start. By the over-reaction that followed you'd swear it was all season!

I kept him to now, and will keep him until he returns. He's a 1st 22 player when fit rather than all these risky rookies - especially those at Freo!

I am so glad I jumped off the S Hill bandwagon right before rnd 1 lockout.

Apparently Liam Anthony is only a 2-3 weeks away too so I reckon I will hold on to him too.

yes, but I have done my research, and he may not be a 'walk up starter' like some people on here think he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back