Ralph rumor: Walker tells Craig to stick it.

Remove this Banner Ad

TW13 - there is a alot of middle ground of opinion between mumblised and 'sack the coach'. Pull your head in a little.

Carl - I agree with your comments regarding second efforts/going to ground. I made a point in another thread that to me going to ground can be MORE lazy than keeping your feet and being in a dangerous position (which is more the Tex approach).

CM86 - I think we've seen plenty of passion from Tex this year to know it means enough to him. Give the kid some time.

TW13 - there is a alot of middle ground of opinion between mumblised and 'sack the coach'. Pull your head in a little.

Carl - I agree with your comments regarding second efforts/going to ground. I made a point in another thread that to me going to ground can be MORE lazy than keeping your feet and being in a dangerous position (which is more the Tex approach).

CM86 - I think we've seen plenty of passion from Tex this year to know it means enough to him. Give the kid some time.

Just on this, re Craigy's confusion between lack of discipline and footy smarts - there was another patent example on Sunday that sums up Craig and the Crows' mentality. A Brisbane player was about 60m out from goal, running toward Rutten and another Brisbane player, and as soon as he had the ball, Rutten committed to the oncoming player. All the Brisbane player then had to do was handball over the the top to his mate who ran into an open goal. I know coaches always say leave your opponent, but it's often a judgment call. You want to put more doubt in the mind of the oncoming player, especially when he's outside 50m.

This is what I mean about the Crows being so disciplined and robotic about their approach that they leave no room for a judgement call during a game.

I cant believe some peoples views on how common telling the coach to stick it would be. If i told my coach to stick it he would tear me a new arseh*le and i'd be finishing the year in the two's.

Just on this, re Craigy's confusion between lack of discipline and footy smarts - there was another patent example on Sunday that sums up Craig and the Crows' mentality. A Brisbane player was about 60m out from goal, running toward Rutten and another Brisbane player, and as soon as he had the ball, Rutten committed to the oncoming player. All the Brisbane player then had to do was handball over the the top to his mate who ran into an open goal. I know coaches always say leave your opponent, but it's often a judgment call. You want to put more doubt in the mind of the oncoming player, especially when he's outside 50m.

This is what I mean about the Crows being so disciplined and robotic about their approach that they leave no room for a judgement call during a game.

or maybe they just make the wrong judgement occasionally?

FFS enough with the Crowbots BS - that went out in 2006 along with our last prelim final

or maybe they just make the wrong judgement occasionally?

FFS enough with the Crowbots BS - that went out in 2006 along with our last prelim final

When a 27yo experienced, All Australian defender makes an erroneous judgement call as basic as that, it leads me to believe he is operating under team instructions.

I cant believe some peoples views on how common telling the coach to stick it would be. If i told my coach to stick it he would tear me a new arseh*le and i'd be finishing the year in the two's.

You've really never seen a coach and a player have a disagreement about being dropped?

Really?

Do you actually play football?

I've seen the mother of all dummy spits at different times and all is forgotten the second the bloke next runs onto the field.

You've really never seen a coach and a player have a disagreement about being dropped?

Really?

Do you actually play football?

I've seen the mother of all dummy spits at different times and all is forgotten the second the bloke next runs onto the field.

Yeah, it happens. And it is often forgotten very quickly.

I hope this is one of those occasions, but people are right to be concerned when you look at Taylor's history of non-selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When a 27yo experienced, All Australian defender makes an erroneous judgement call as basic as that, it leads me to believe he is operating under team instructions.

Absolute crap... that goal was caused by a turnover... and no matter what Rutten did they were likely to score as he was stuck between a bad situation and a worse situation and had like 3 milliseconds to make a decision.

To use that as an example of Neil Craig's poor coaching is beyond ludicrous. If you can't do better than that then give up.

Laugh Laugh laughable...

Absolute crap... that goal was caused by a turnover... and no matter what Rutten did in that situation they were going to score as he was stuck between a bad situation and a worse situation and had like 3 milliseconds to make a decision.

To use that as an example of Neil Craig's poor coaching is beyond ludicrous. If you can't do better than that then give up.

Laugh Laugh laughable...

I used that as ONE example. And Im not saying that's a specific move they practise all week - IM saying it's indicative of the mindset of Crows players, that they dont use football smarts and judgement calls anywhere near as often as they should. I can think of a hundred more, and have written them at various times on this board. I dont expect you to read them, but dont take one quote in isolation and use it as the ONLY reason why I think NC has weaknesses. That is moronic.

I guess it depends on who you are and who your coach is. Respect still needs to be shown to the coach and thats why i dont believe this taylor shit. I suspect Taylor questioned why he was dropped while still being respectful, i highly doubt he told Craig to 'stick it'. You see dummy spits alot in junior footy but once you get to senior you've got to cop being dropped on the chin in most cases.

Reminds me of a story about Fred Couples who has one of the easiest, most relaxed swings on the tour but still hits it a mile. Someone asked him why doesn't he really wind up and try to belt the ball. He replied, what good is a 600 yard drive on a 400 yard Par 4?

mhm, which disguises the fact that his back is so f%@$ed that if he cranked it up he'd more than likely need to be carted off the course in a wheelchair... cool story tho :rolleyes:

Taylor is not a laconic genius, he's a lazy kid who is now playing in a league where anything less than 100% effort is unacceptable. We all bag Fev when he doesnt chase, Taylor plays exactly the same way.

My fear is that our forward line is less effective with both Taylor and Kurt there. They both play fairly deep and both seem confused and hesitant when they arent the focal point. I wonder whether the club needs to change tack a little and make the call on Taylor to be our full forward and Kurt our number 1 ruckman. To be honest, I think Kurt is potentially as damaging as Dean Cox was in his prime, and Taylor one out up forward might give the kid the license and confidence he needs to realise his potential.

Then again, having Kurt clunking them up forward is massive for us if we get the ball to him enough - if only he could kick. But I dont think there is room for both up forward. Just my observation and not a reflection on Taylor, who I think will develop into a fine player.

My fear is that our forward line is less effective with both Taylor and Kurt there. They both play fairly deep and both seem confused and hesitant when they arent the focal point. I wonder whether the club needs to change tack a little and make the call on Taylor to be our full forward and Kurt our number 1 ruckman. To be honest, I think Kurt is potentially as damaging as Dean Cox was in his prime, and Taylor one out up forward might give the kid the license and confidence he needs to realise his potential.

Then again, having Kurt clunking them up forward is massive for us if we get the ball to him enough - if only he could kick. But I dont think there is room for both up forward. Just my observation and not a reflection on Taylor, who I think will develop into a fine player.

I also think that Taylor would be a lot more damaging as the main focus point in attack, but im not sure about Kurt as a ruckman. Some of his contensted marks are freakish, hell if he could kick straight he could hace had 8 or 9 goal last week. Players with his size and attacking capability are very rare. EDIT so yeah I think your spot on with the second paragraph

And Fev has kicked well over 600 goals in his career.

I'd take that from Taylor ANY DAY.

Simplistic view, to be expected. Carlton didnt value Fev's ability enough to hang onto him did they? And his performances never resulted in Carlton winning anything of substance. Frankly, Id be bitterly disappointed in Taylor and our coaches if he ended up like Fev - a prodigious yet frustratingly inconsistent and ultimately unrealised talent.

mhm, which disguises the fact that his back is so f%@$ed that if he cranked it up he'd more than likely need to be carted off the course in a wheelchair... cool story tho :rolleyes:
*Mental note: do not to use a golf anecdote ever again on this board.

Couples crushes the ball. In his prime one of the longest hitters on the tour, all with a swing that seemed so, so easy. The point is that he isn't taking it easy, it just looks that way.

Simplistic view, to be expected. Carlton didnt value Fev's ability enough to hang onto him did they? And his performances never resulted in Carlton winning anything of substance. Frankly, Id be bitterly disappointed in Taylor and our coaches if he ended up like Fev - a prodigious yet frustratingly inconsistent and ultimately unrealised talent.
i'd argue that if fev had played in a team on the brink he oculd have been the difference..

None of Ralph's rumours are ever true, and when they are, it is because the news has reported them just beforehand. There was a time he rang up to say that Lade was going to be the Richmond ruck coach, yet it was announced on the news about 30 minutes earlier.:rolleyes: I even rang in that day and let Rowey and Cornes know that Ralph's 'sources' were infact just news stations.

I have always thought it was Rooch. He is a paid employee of the station.

A young player being annoyed at the coach because they were dropped, yeah that has never happened before:rolleyes:.

Part of our rivival this season was the disgruntled players approaching Craigy, and together fixing things.

Anyone at the Bulldogs game can see why he was dropped. He is still a one dimensional player. Sure when things are going well he is awesome. But has to learn to adapt.

Note the two clubs with one dimesional forwards this decade have been anchored to the bottom of the ladder. Essendon and Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ralph rumor: Walker tells Craig to stick it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back