Game Day Bombres v Crows, it will be a Marvel!

Remove this Banner Ad

Goal or no goal. He’s a MASSIVE concern imo.

21 pressure acts on top of his 3 goals and 7 score involvements. 6th highest for the team in what was a physically challenging game.

Absolutely there was a couple of contests he could have been better - but has only just hit 50 games

Similar things were said about Rozee in his 3rd year. Some on here we’re starting to suggest he was over rated and might be a bust!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t recall us blaming the kids - injuries probably were a factor. Can’t recall who we had out. All the more credit to the side with guys going down tonight and getting the win. Great coaching from the panel to reduce the effectiveness (if not the accumulation) of some of the Bombers key players

But that’s not the point George - you were calling for a sacking 5 minutes into the first quarter. And it was actually one of our great minor round wins
And yes it means nothing for 2024 - but tell me that dead rubber winner doesn’t provide growth for the group. Particular that last quarter with all of our established A grade talent not on the park

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
lol, I was calling for a sacking 5 minutes in. The game was looking like a flogging and if that happened it would have put pressure on, but I doubt it would have led to a sacking. It was a throw away comment at the start of a game you’ve clearly taken too seriously. Hardly the gotcha moment.

Now as for the kids and injuries, you’re not serious. When we lost to Richmond it was injuries and not having the list. It was lack of experience. Injuries, list and lack of experience have been used by the club and plenty of positives on here. The fact we had a great win with such a lack of experience shows our shit form wasn’t on them. Perhaps the coach had something to do with it who only played Dowling and Taylor after injury and who had said he had stiff to work on and instead played guys like McHenry and an out of form Jones.

Last edited:

Rash rarely commits to a contest. So frustrating and needs to stop.

Rash I believe is not a natural footballer it’s the little things that he just doesn’t do,the pirouettes, the side steps that just come naturally.
The poor chaps first thought unfortunately is to grab the ball and brake away but there is always someone on his hammer.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

lol, I was calling for a sacking 5 minutes in. The game was looking like a flogging and if that happened it would have put pressure on, but I doubt it would have led to a sacking. It was a throw away comment at the start of a game you’ve clearly taken too seriously. Hardly the gotcha moment.

Now as for the kids and injuries, you’re not serious. When we lost to Richmond it was injuries and not having the list. It was lack of experience. Injuries, list and lack of experience have been used by the club and plenty of positives on here. Perhaps the coach had something to do with it who only played Dowling and Taylor after injury and who had said he had stiff to work on and instead played guys like McHenry and an out of form Jones.
I thought you said you don't talk shit?

If talking shit is saying something obviously incorrect, then the post above is full of it.

I'll give an example.

"The fact we had a great win with such a lack of experience shows our shit form wasn’t on them."

The only way you can say that claim is if you could time travel back to our earlier games, get Nicks to put Taylor, Bond, Dowling into the team then press play on reality and watch the end result and see if it was better or worse.

How do you know several things havent changed since earlier in the year that contributed more to the win last night than the inclusion of 3 young players? Some of these are hard for us to know. Do the players have a better understanding of the gameplan now? Are several players in better form than earlier in the year? Does the team have some helpful inclusions that weren't there earlier in the year, like Thilthorpe and Murray (at least for last week and a bit of this game)? (We do know this one).

Nankervis didn’t play until round 4.
Cook didn’t play until round 4.
Dowling round 13
Taylor round 16

So which rounds were Dowling and Taylor not ready for?

And when the coach says these players have stuff to work on and they force there way in due to injury and they stay, well it’s fair to say the coach was talking out his arse.
Great result hey :) . We know Nicks has made errors this year but let’s be honest - they have been repeatedly pointed out and debated to death.

Looking from a certain perspective would you say Dowling, Taylor and Nank look AFL ready upon their eventual naming in the side? Can you not see the potential positives in getting a players form and confidence adequately high before playing them - even if it’s a few weeks later than it could have been? Do you acknowledge if Curtin was delayed another 4-6 weeks then perhaps he might still be in the side now rather than being dropped for looking out of his depth?

I don’t fully know the answers to all of the above and not sure many BF “outsiders” would either

Last edited:
Cmon mate happy vibes today. We know Nicks has made errors this year but let’s be honest - they have been repeatedly pointed out and debated to death.

Looking from a half full (happy clapper) perspective would you say Dowling, Taylor and Nank look AFL ready upon their eventual naming in the side? Can you not see the potential positives in getting a players form and confidence adequately high before playing them - even if it’s a few weeks later than it could have been? Do you acknowledge if Curtin was delayed another 4-6 weeks then perhaps he might still be in the side now rather than being dropped for looking out of his depth?

I don’t fully know the answers to all of the above and not sure many BF “outsiders” would either
Cut out the crappy vibes half full crap psycho bullshit

Cut out the crappy vibes half full crap psycho bullshit
Well try answering the substance of the post old mate and I wil edit out the “positive vibes” if you find that offensive for whatever reason

PS were you hoping we would win last night?

Ok - help up my end of the bargain and keen to hear from you re these issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s so typical of us that we take the lead with 50 seconds left and still give the opposition two good looks at it to beat us.

Hopefully Murray is ok.
Second this. A minute or so to go………Watched in disbelief when Draper? Tapped out the back at centre in what appeared as a set play and away they went. We were so fortunate to scramble out of the last minute with a couple of rushed points. Set my mind thinking to how devastating for the club had they scored a major in the last seconds. Particularly from what Draper (and umpires) did in the last few seconds of the last game. The impact of another ‘last minute’ loss to the team would have been crushing.
I haven’t rewatched the final minutes and so, did we change up our game to strengthen our last minute defences ? It otherwise just seemed so easy for Bombers to run straight downfield to their goal each time.

I live in Darwin
Not a lot of crows supporters here
Everyone in the AFL world said it was the best game they seen this year we met a few
Had lunch and a few ales today the staff came out to congrats me
I didn’t tip Crows but hubby did in the comp 🤣🤣🤣

Great result hey :) . We know Nicks has made errors this year but let’s be honest - they have been repeatedly pointed out and debated to death.

Looking from a certain perspective would you say Dowling, Taylor and Nank look AFL ready upon their eventual naming in the side? Can you not see the potential positives in getting a players form and confidence adequately high before playing them - even if it’s a few weeks later than it could have been? Do you acknowledge if Curtin was delayed another 4-6 weeks then perhaps he might still be in the side now rather than being dropped for looking out of his depth?

Playing curtin in a position that suits him probably would have helped him more.

I live in Darwin
Not a lot of crows supporters here
Everyone in the AFL world said it was the best game they seen this year we met a few
Had lunch and a few ales today the staff came out to congrats me
I didn’t tip Crows but hubby did in the comp 🤣🤣🤣
I dunno why our supporters some people on this board think our games have been terrible to watch. Most neutrals I know have spoken glowingly of our games. Good spectacles, often close, always competitive and their team usually gets to win! Absolute drawcards we are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Bombres v Crows, it will be a Marvel!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back