Rance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordinary footballer. a side. He will never have it. Also goes to ground everytime he is chased. Trade for a 10-20 pick. Either trade McGuane or Rance. Moore and Thursfield are the only reliable defenders we have and they are not key backs. Silvester does'nt count. He's 24 and a spud. I'm hoping theres a FB in this years draft. Would've loved Hurley down back but this club's too stupid to get its priorities right (pardon the pun).

To quote someone from another thread "seriously...get a clue"

Ordinary footballer. a side. He will never have it. Also goes to ground everytime he is chased. Trade for a 10-20 pick. Either trade McGuane or Rance. Moore and Thursfield are the only reliable defenders we have and they are not key backs. Silvester does'nt count. He's 24 and a spud. I'm hoping theres a FB in this years draft. Would've loved Hurley down back but this club's too stupid to get its priorities right (pardon the pun).

Not a clue. Tell me how we could have drafted Hurley even if we wanted him? :rolleyes:

I think he'll be a great rebounding backman in a few years time.

Currently has an ugly habit of bending at the knees and going to ground as he tries to elude a tackle... and gets pinged most times. Would like to see that disappear over the off-season.

Your dad should have worn a condom.

Hurley went at pick 5 and we got Vickery at pick 8.
What did you want us to do?

On Rance, I'm uncertain with his position in the team. He needs more composure and better penetration in his play.

I generally prefer to read these forums and keep my opinion to myself. But some of the comments in this thread have forced my hand. Here is a young, talented backmen who has plenty of spirit and mongrel (something which has been in incredibly short supply at Punt rd as of late) and we have people ready to get rid of him after only a handful of games. Alex rance is the type of player that this club needs to be built around, players who care and understand how special it is to wear the jumper and who will not just sit by and watch when their team mates get pushed around.

People are quick to quesiton why we got him but cast your mind back 2 years when he was picked up. Thursfield was the only player looking anything like becoming a key backmen. People had Moore and Mguane on the delisting table remember Moore only had his break out last year and before that was not setting the world on fire I think he played less then 10 games combined in 2007 and 2006.

I generally prefer to read these forums and keep my opinion to myself. But some of the comments in this thread have forced my hand. Here is a young, talented backmen who has plenty of spirit and mongrel (something which has been in incredibly short supply at Punt rd as of late) and we have people ready to get rid of him after only a handful of games. Alex rance is the type of player that this club needs to be built around, players who care and understand how special it is to wear the jumper and who will not just sit by and watch when their team mates get pushed around.

Good post:thumbsu::thumbsu:,

Rance is a guy who does the little one percenters that knowone else does, Smuther, Sheppard, Spoils, Tackles Basically puts his Body on the line(as we have seen) .

IMO the possesion stat is meaningless, a guy can have a good game with 10disp 6 Tackles if hes doing the team things. Rance is a gun, give him 3 years and then come talk to me. He'll be 22 by then. :)

People are quick to quesiton why we got him but cast your mind back 2 years when he was picked up. Thursfield was the only player looking anything like becoming a key backmen. People had Moore and Mguane on the delisting table remember Moore only had his break out last year and before that was not setting the world on fire I think he played less then 10 games combined in 2007 and 2006.

My thoughts are the same.He was a steal at no.18 and fitted our deficiciency list at the time.
There is a lot of people blaming Rance, Edwards, Riewoldt etc. for poor skills and frame size when these players are still kids.
Everyone is expecting these kids to turn Richmonds performances around in a blink of an eye.
This poor kid is trying his hardest just like all of our younger players.
If any one should be blamed it should be our older group of players.They did not show enough leadership qualities and were more worried about the amount of possessions they were racking up rather than team play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol at you deluded ferals.. The club should've done the right thing by its supporters and bottomed out last year hence the PP before round 1. We could've fixed our spine in 1 draft. Hurley, Vickery, Post with our first 3 picks. Back on the topic of Rance... It won't be long until he's exposed as nothing but a trier with little skill. He's already missing easy targets... endeavour can only take you so far without skill.

Lol at you deluded ferals.. The club should've done the right thing by its supporters and bottomed out last year hence the PP before round 1. We could've fixed our spine in 1 draft. Hurley, Vickery, Post with our first 3 picks. Back on the topic of Rance... It won't be long until he's exposed as nothing but a trier with little skill. He's already missing easy targets... endeavour can only take you so far without skill.
Tell that to Max Rooke. Tell that to Brett Kirk. Tell that to Brad Scott. Tell that to Chris Scott.

considering terry wallace would have been sacked if we did bottom out. we were never going to.

Tell that to Max Rooke. Tell that to Brett Kirk. Tell that to Brad Scott. Tell that to Chris Scott.

We have too many glass half full types in the side as it is. Hislop, Jackson, White, King.. Shit I could go on and on. What's with recruiting guys who can't consistently hit targets.

considering terry wallace would have been sacked if we did bottom out. we were never going to.

Since when was Wallace bigger than the club. It must've been a united front by all parties to go on and win meaningless games after the half way mark of last season. It's an absolute disgrace and serious list mismanagement.

Rance plays with a big heart and is trys 100% all day long though there are things in which make you think twice about him.
Such as that he is 192 cm but plays on small forwards and was drafted as a KPP and i know people say hes only 18 but Michael Hurley, he has had tredrea and scott welsh to line up on and rance is taking much smaller oponents. also he kicking is horrible, though im sure it will improve as he gets more and more experince under his belt (really should have played last year). im just not sure if he will ever fill out to be a KPP backman likes he was for WA.

Rance plays with a big heart and is trys 100% all day long though there are things in which make you think twice about him.
Such as that he is 192 cm but plays on small forwards and was drafted as a KPP and i know people say hes only 18 but Michael Hurley, he has had tredrea and scott welsh to line up on and rance is taking much smaller oponents. also he kicking is horrible, though im sure it will improve as he gets more and more experince under his belt (really should have played last year). im just not sure if he will ever fill out to be a KPP backman likes he was for WA.

I'm usually pretty impressed by his kicking. Usually hits his targets by foot. He's 193cm

some of you supporters should be ashamed of yourself. He is a kid who is showing more heart and courage than the rest of your team combined.

by the way mathew scarlett is 192cm.

Since when was Wallace bigger than the club. It must've been a united front by all parties to go on and win meaningless games after the half way mark of last season. It's an absolute disgrace and serious list mismanagement.
if we tanked last year, we would have lost alot of supporters and found it even harder to find sponsers. i would rather see us finish 9th and win games than not win any at all and wanting to lose so we get a better draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back