Rance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol at you deluded ferals.. The club should've done the right thing by its supporters and bottomed out last year hence the PP before round 1. We could've fixed our spine in 1 draft. Hurley, Vickery, Post with our first 3 picks. Back on the topic of Rance... It won't be long until he's exposed as nothing but a trier with little skill. He's already missing easy targets... endeavour can only take you so far without skill.

You wouldn't know your DlCK from your pinky. Ridiculous comments from a completely clueless fool :cool:

Early days, he gets in and amongst it and has loads of potential.

Not sure i would rate him too far below the others, not sure why people rate Thursfield at all. A gift to GC IMO ...

Thursfield was brilliant on Sunday. Played a great 1st half.

Thursfield was brilliant on Sunday. Played a great 1st half.

Thursty is always great in defence. Even his 2.5 quarters on Fev he was good. Fev fluked one from 50 on the boundary while being tackled. So it was more like 4 goals in 2.5 quarters. Thursty rarely gets more than 2 goals though

Why did we draft him? What position does he have in our side? We have 3 Key defenders in Moore, Thursfield and McGuane. Silvester is even better than Rance at the Key defensive post.

Where does he sit in our future because IMO, won't make it with us. His kicking is questionable and he isn't a KPP.

Thoughts?

you are a dick

Look at it this way. In five years Moore will be 30 and on the way to retirement. Rance will be 24 at the start of that season (turns 25 in October 2014). He will be in his prime. A much better position to be in than bringing in an 18 year old key defender when we hope to be competing finals football on a regular basis.

LMAO!!

christ we are an impatient bunch

Rance is without a doubt (injury permitting), a 10 year backman for this club, we picked him up because we needed a tall defender desperately. Moore only started playing decent football last season ( and stopped this season), Rance was already picked.

Rance, Thursty & McGuane are the boys for our backline for the next 10 years. Develop one (thursty) into a mountain - let mcguane and Rance run it out -

the key is to DEVELOP Thursty into a big bodied defender, he has the natural pace, the defenisve judgement - just needs the weight and strength.

Wallace the fool seemed to not understand that this

he plays in the back half but quite offensively, at this stage not at all suited to locking down a dangerous forward, his greatest strength is at the contest with a fierce attack on the pill and some nice dash in his game with the pill...He has some rough edges but plenty to work with...I see him as a HBF

he plays in the back half but quite offensively, at this stage not at all suited to locking down a dangerous forward, his greatest strength is at the contest with a fierce attack on the pill and some nice dash in his game with the pill...He has some rough edges but plenty to work with...I see him as a HBF

i see him being able to play any back position except full back.

could definitely play as a CHB within 2 years - their are not that many strong powerful CHF's (ala Carey) these days. I think CHF's are going to be more like a running CHF - ala riewoldt and Richo. Rance will be excellent on these guys with a few more years under his belt.

His body will develop a lot yet, he is only in year 2

i see him being able to play any back position except full back.

could definitely play as a CHB within 2 years - their are not that many strong powerful CHF's (ala Carey) these days. I think CHF's are going to be more like a running CHF - ala riewoldt and Richo. Rance will be excellent on these guys with a few more years under his belt.

His body will develop a lot yet, he is only in year 2

he tends to neglect the defensive aspect of the game as in spoling etc, for a kid of decent size, he is very POOR in that area...very good at contested on the ground but in the air needs work...he'll improve

he tends to neglect the defensive aspect of the game as in spoling etc, for a kid of decent size, he is very POOR in that area...very good at contested on the ground but in the air needs work...he'll improve

don't really agree - he probably needs to work on his marking (as in defenseive man marking - not "catch the ball" marking) - but i think his spoiling is progressing well.

He probably needs to make sure that he is in the right position to make the spoil more - but his actual ability to get a fist to ball in a contest is quite good.

It all basically comes down to him just calming down a little bit and remembering that he has a man to watch, along with the ball.

i think we agree though that he will be a defensive player for us over the next decade, and one we can have faith in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in a year or 2 when he learns more about the game he will be able to take the best forward. but if he actually goes to the best forward each week is different.

Why did we draft him? What position does he have in our side? We have 3 Key defenders in Moore, Thursfield and McGuane. Silvester is even better than Rance at the Key defensive post.

Where does he sit in our future because IMO, won't make it with us. His kicking is questionable and he isn't a KPP.

Thoughts?

its a good point you make, proberbly doesnt have the height to go with KPP and almost looks to tall running off the half back flank, he does have some good attributes tho so will be intresitng to see where he ends up.... i just dont know.

its a good point you make, proberbly doesnt have the height to go with KPP and almost looks to tall running off the half back flank, he does have some good attributes tho so will be intresitng to see where he ends up.... i just dont know.

Why wouldn't he have the height to go with a KPP? He's taller than all our other defenders - Mcguane, Moore, Thursfield, Silvester.

Why wouldn't he have the height to go with a KPP? He's taller than all our other defenders - Mcguane, Moore, Thursfield, Silvester.

yeh proberbly more technique. for instance thursfield, is just a clever defender and doesnt have to rely as much on height and weight.

having said that could come with more games as he has alot of upsides such as his speed and the fact he proberbly has the biggest base to become a unit and hence stay with the fev types. depends how mcuh weight he is gonna lose

spose we will all know with time in out young defence, but really these boys especially have to spend ALL summer in the gym. minimum extra 5kg muscle

minimum extra 5kg muscle
why does everyone want all our players to bulk up this summer. i can understand maybe 4-5 players really adding alot of muscel. but i would rather players that can play footy than big bodies if you can find people with both then great. 1-2 kg is enough. and they can build on it from there into next season.

Has demonstrated that he is a poor kick of the football, but that just means he joins the long line at the club. What other attributes can Rance deliver to overcome this fundamental weakness? Well for starters he needs to play in the position that he was drafted to play in, that being key position defender. I don't agree that he should be played in the middle, he doesn't have the composure, the awareness or the disposal skills to be effective.

Rance already has a bigger body than any of our other key defenders, but adding another 5-6 kgs won't hurt a bit. Given this fact, why isn't Rance played as a key defender? It baffles me. He is exactly what we are crying out for in defence. His rebounding ability is largely counterproductive at the moment due to his poor kicking, so we need to have quick outside runners near him so he can dish it off to them. He needs to therefore improve his handballing skills, which should be much easier than improving his kicking. If Rance can nullify an opposition key forward, whilst also providing a bit of rebound out of defence we may have a player. Still needs significant improvement, and I am not impressed with what I have seen so far.

Has demonstrated that he is a poor kick of the football, but that just means he joins the long line at the club. What other attributes can Rance deliver to overcome this fundamental weakness? Well for starters he needs to play in the position that he was drafted to play in, that being key position defender. I don't agree that he should be played in the middle, he doesn't have the composure, the awareness or the disposal skills to be effective.

Rance already has a bigger body than any of our other key defenders, but adding another 5-6 kgs won't hurt a bit. Given this fact, why isn't Rance played as a key defender? It baffles me. He is exactly what we are crying out for in defence. His rebounding ability is largely counterproductive at the moment due to his poor kicking, so we need to have quick outside runners near him so he can dish it off to them. He needs to therefore improve his handballing skills, which should be much easier than improving his kicking. If Rance can nullify an opposition key forward, whilst also providing a bit of rebound out of defence we may have a player. Still needs significant improvement, and I am not impressed with what I have seen so far.

HE IS NOT A POOR KICK. I've been to all games in Melbourne this year and haven't seen any signs at all that say he is a poor kick. Gee. He kicked the ball on the full once against Melbourne. I see Gary Ablett kick some bad ones, he must be a poor kick if he's not a brilliant kick because that's how you're judging Rance. I noticed he did a couple of handballs which were meant to go over the top but were cut off against North. But you and Mad dog haven't bothered to mentioned that. I'm positive you watch most games from your armchair because your comments reak of lack of knowledge and extremely exaggerated negativity. He's a good kick of the ball and you're not. You would be an example of a poor kick. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back