Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any wonder why I stay off reddit? Mercilessly downvoted for saying what we here would all agree on!

View attachment 1145968

Yep.

Collingwood don't have to be able to avoid a clash with themselves. Just everyone else. Their current setup is perfect, I just wish they'd match the guernsey and shorts as a rule.

I've said this before but IMO Collingwood should effectively just run two home jumpers. Wear whatever base colour best differentiates from your opponent and always claim to be wearing a home jumper. You're the only club in the league that can do this and it effectively means you'll have the best possible looking matchups every week.

Any wonder why I stay off reddit? Mercilessly downvoted for saying what we here would all agree on!

View attachment 1145968
Yeah Reddit is an absolute cesspool of cockwobbles and social-rejects, this just further confirms that hypothesis.

They just have NFI so there's no point engaging in discussion, they've already decided that they are correct.

Yeah Reddit is an absolute cesspool of cockwobbles and social-rejects, this just further confirms that hypothesis.

They just have NFI so there's no point engaging in discussion, they've already decided that they are correct.
I have heard this about Reddit before so I've never really been on it. Looks like Ill continue to steer clear.

I still think it would be neat if collingwood had a third jumper focusing on the gold, but then again every team should have a third imo

(also can someone take away our stupid white kit and give back the gold one thanks)

I still think it would be neat if collingwood had a third jumper focusing on the gold, but then again every team should have a third imo
The way I've always seen it was gold is more of a decorative colour meant to give off a sense of the prestige and history of the club.

A gold training kit with a magpie on it would be fire though, I just couldn't see it being a playing jumper.
1622864316155.png

If we ever were going to have a 'third' kit, it'd probably be an all-black kit in a way, like our training jumper this year. Which would makes sense for games against Geelong and North Melbourne where the contrast is okay in terms of just the base colours, but a darker kit would make the contrast better. We pretty much saw this in the preseason game against the Cats earlier this year and it was beautiful.

Last edited:
The way I've always seen it was gold is more of a decorative colour meant to give off a sense of the prestige and history of the club.

A gold training kit with a magpie on it would be fire though, I just couldn't see it being a playing jumper.

If we ever were going to have a 'third' kit, it'd probably be an all-black kit in a way, like our training jumper this year. Which would makes sense for games against Geelong and North Melbourne where the contrast is okay in terms of just the base colours, but a darker kit would make the contrast better. We pretty much saw this in the preseason game against the Cats earlier this year and it was beautiful.
Whatever happened to that suspenders jumper from 2011?

We had it made up for 2012 too but was just never used. A bit of a strange moment in Collingwood jumper history. I actually quite liked it.
Likewise!
Thinner stripes on the outside than the original and its a perfect 3rd jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back