Play Nice Random Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was probably worried you’d do it

LMAO I’m dumb but I’m not THAT dumb, I thought it was common knowledge that it’s corrosive??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah, I went to school with kids in similar situations.

Been put to me that Majak is probably older than he is registered as in Australia.
Wouldn't be surprised with Maj. Anyone with that much chaos during their childhood could be in that boat.

Zionism was always an extension of the west’s power, it was about putting an outpost in the middle of the newly broken up Ottoman Empire.
with a constant internal threat, they'll never be able to establish the same power structure again.
It’ll be interesting if/when the religious types try to build the new temple, could actually be the thing that unites bitter enemies.
"A continent of oil kingdoms, bought for a bargain" and Israel is the perfect patsy or distraction.

Snake_Baker cheeky little delete I saw hehe

Nope

The mods must believe that you really would put H2SO4 up your schnozz, and that's a feasible judgement.

I also note that I have a brand new PM in my in box, so if it's sayonara again, then farewell folks.

I had a bit of a weird chance meeting with a Lebanese bloke ~ 20 years back when myself & a bird were stuck in city in the early A.M. Those Melbournian night people who are old enough to remember can reminisce about how hard it was to get a taxi at 2-4 am back then, and we were thumbing for yet another cab that already had a job when this Arab looking bloke pulls over & asks us where we were going. I told him the west subs and he said he was happy to give us a lift, so we hopped in and as we were driving along I noted a big crucifix hanging from his rear view mirror and asked of it's significance.

Anyway, the conversation moved along and he told us that he was a Christian & Lebanese refugee, then some more small talk, and after delving further in to his story, he revealed that he was a former Lebanese christian millitiaman who was K.O.S. back in Lebanon, due to the number of kills he had attained and in particular for bringing down an entire building with enemies in it, via some type of shoulder fired rocket launcher. It made street fights in the back alleys of North Melbourne look rather tame by comparison.

Nice fella. I hope he's still going well.

I remember that dead time quite well. Shoulda gone to the Embassy cafe on Spencer Street and got a burger and a coffee and waited for a cabbie on the their shift change to take you.

I've also had a pretty full on Christian Lebanese taxi driver, full of war stories, probably the same bloke.

The Christian part of Beirut is amazing - the food, people (women jeez) and general party vibe.

The centre is still pretty badly scarred from the war. Houses on the corner of blocks that command strategic viewpoints still pockmarked in bullet holes. The old Holiday Inn hotel is quite the sight too.

The Christian Quarter of Damascus is pretty amazing too - there's one corner where Roman architecture meets Islamic meets modern, I remember taking a photo of it when I was there.

Then a few years later when the war was in full swing I saw it had been turned into a checkpoint by local blokes worried the Islamic rebels were coming ... very rightly worried.

Nope

The mods must believe that you really would put H2SO4 up your schnozz, and that's a feasible judgement.

I also note that I have a brand new PM in my in box, so if it's sayonara again, then farewell folks.

How you think I act when I read your sly little comments LMAO

3300758e11acdd4008371eaacee29e83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Snake_Baker genuinely interested, do you not see any contradictions or feel any cognitive dissonance in your advocacy for universal libertarianism and subsequent opposition to collectivism, and all your stuff about evolution? Did we not evolve to be social, communal beings for both safety and reproduction and progress? Has there been any examples of humanity evolving to be individual beings? How do you reconcile those two positions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've also had a pretty full on Christian Lebanese taxi driver, full of war stories, probably the same bloke.

He was not a taxi driver, just a bloke in his own car cruising about early in the morning, and in our case he was a good Samaritan.

I figured he probably doesn't sleep much.

Snake_Baker genuinely interested, do you not see any contradictions or feel any cognitive dissonance in your advocacy for universal libertarianism and subsequent opposition to collectivism, and all your stuff about evolution?

No, I don't see your correlation.

Did we not evolve to be social, communal beings for both safety and reproduction and progress?

To a limited extent, and primarily driven by, and for the benefit of women (& children).

Has there been any examples of humanity evolving to be individual beings? How do you reconcile those two positions?

Again, your correlation is too simplified. Males are strongly favored as predominately individual beings, whereas with females, it's not so much. They have a greater input in creating and maintaining the "social fabric", and its no surprise that they have risen to the fore as female liberation took hold, and collectivism imprints itself even further. There are some benefits in this, and a whole lot of negative aspects as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back