Play Nice Random Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah ahhhh maybe not, don’t want a permaban....

he’s probably not confident of engaging on topics he is not strong in hence putting out all stops to excuse why he isn’t going to the public forum.
You're an ethnonationalist complaining about racism and it causes him some confusion.

And the Palestinians were British allies. From what I’ve read and heard the soldiers on the ground hated the Zionist’s. The Zionist’s knew they were protected so they’d instigate fights with locals trying to force the British soldiers to attack the Palestinians. The Palestinians never stood a chance because of all the deals done in offices hundreds of kilometres away. When tribal leaders traveled to Britain to question what was going on the person they met with was one of the top Zionist’s and just bullshitted them. On the other hand the Jews were sick of being persecuted everywhere they went and needed a safe place to settle, especially during WW2. Complicated sh*t man.
Zionism was always an extension of the west’s power, it was about putting an outpost in the middle of the newly broken up Ottoman Empire.
with a constant internal threat, they'll never be able to establish the same power structure again.
It’ll be interesting if/when the religious types try to build the new temple, could actually be the thing that unites bitter enemies.

Last edited:

As players age they come to realise how fun goalkeeping is hehehe

I’m glad you enjoyed it!! My last ever season at box hill we had 1 actual goalkeeper and I was the backup gk but as a player lol and I remember the last game of the season there was a corner and the coach made me run the whole field to take it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Lol. Reminds me of when coaches in later years tried turning me into a left winger because I was the only one with a left foot. I used to blow up in 10 minutes running up and down the wing.

And the Palestinians were British allies. From what I’ve read and heard the soldiers on the ground hated the Zionist’s. The Zionist’s knew they were protected so they’d instigate fights with locals trying to force the British soldiers to attack the Palestinians. The Palestinians never stood a chance because of all the deals done in offices hundreds of kilometres away. When tribal leaders traveled to Britain to question what was going on the person they met with was one of the top Zionist’s and just bullshitted them. On the other hand the Jews were sick of being persecuted everywhere they went and needed a safe place to settle, especially during WW2. Complicated sh*t man.
You should try researching the causes of the Lebanese civil war. Nearly just as complicated.

“Brick by brick, acre by acre”. That’s the legacy of the Zionist’s rule that they would buy everything they could off the locals but were only allowed to sell it to Jews and only Jews could work for them.
I’m talking about camps like this.. they basically giving safe refuge but are reliant on help from the outside, because they can’t do much else, apart from wait until the Israel/Palestine issue is sorted.. oh then they were attacked by isis..

I have a good mate who played alot of junior league with Islanders back in the late 80s and early 90s. He said one of the issues is that if they are born on the Islands sometimes their DoB and christening date are listed as the same despite not being christened till they are a couple of years old. So they are effectively a year or two older than everyone else in the same age group.

Might not be an issue now as many islander kids are born here and get registered by the gov at birth.

Interesting and makes perfect sense.

You should try researching the causes of the Lebanese civil war. Nearly just as complicated.

One of the dads I chat to at our kids BJJ class was in the Lebanese army and whilst I haven’t talked to him about the history, he talks about his time in it sometimes and jeez it’s pretty full on.

You're an ethnonationalist complaining about racism and it causes him some confusion.

i guess the sweet Jesus guy couldn’t understand the concept of Anglocentric double standards.

but times are changing where the Englishman is not longer as relavent.

British soldiers hated the Zionists because they were very effective guerilla fighters who copied a lot of their tactics off the IRA.

Yitzhak Shamirs English language cover name was Michael Collins.

Blowing up the King David Hotel classic example of stunningly effective guerilla tactics that were also a war crime.

I’m talking about camps like this.. they basically giving safe refuge but are reliant on help from the outside, because they can’t do much else, apart from wait until the Israel/Palestine issue is sorted.. oh then they were attacked by isis..

That’s terrible. Makes me wonder why we can’t just bring them here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The third generation stateless Palestinians around the Middle East is one of the saddest stories.
can’t get citizenship where they’ve gone, passports for travel, community benefits etc, in ME generally can’t buy land etc if your not a national. can’t go home.
And this is multigenerational now. We’re so lucky to be in aus.

Yep, being used as cannon fodder too.

Remember that 12 year old kid beheaded by the brave rebels in Aleppo? Al Zinki guys?

He was a Palestinian out of the Lebanese refugee camps IIRC

Interesting and makes perfect sense.
its not unusual ... well maybe now things are different. My old man was born in a village in Fiji and even when he died we didn't know what year he was born. We knew the day cos it was Christmas Day and the Poms were celebrating but not which year.

One of the dads I chat to at our kids BJJ class was in the Lebanese army and whilst I haven’t talked to him about the history, he talks about his time in it sometimes and jeez it’s pretty full on.
I was in cadets with a Lebanese guy who came from a philangist family.

Had his own Dick Johnson Falcon at 16! Taught me how to field strip an M16 in the school grounds when I was 15. Madness.

I had a bit of a weird chance meeting with a Lebanese bloke ~ 20 years back when myself & a bird were stuck in city in the early A.M. Those Melbournian night people who are old enough to remember can reminisce about how hard it was to get a taxi at 2-4 am back then, and we were thumbing for yet another cab that already had a job when this Arab looking bloke pulls over & asks us where we were going. I told him the west subs and he said he was happy to give us a lift, so we hopped in and as we were driving along I noted a big crucifix hanging from his rear view mirror and asked of it's significance.

Anyway, the conversation moved along and he told us that he was a Christian & Lebanese refugee, then some more small talk, and after delving further in to his story, he revealed that he was a former Lebanese christian millitiaman who was K.O.S. back in Lebanon, due to the number of kills he had attained and in particular for bringing down an entire building with enemies in it, via some type of shoulder fired rocket launcher. It made street fights in the back alleys of North Melbourne look rather tame by comparison.

Nice fella. I hope he's still going well.

its not unusual ... well maybe now things are different. My old man was born in a village in Fiji and even when he died we didn't know what year he was born. We knew the day cos it was Christmas Day and the Poms were celebrating but not which year.

Yeah, I went to school with kids in similar situations.

Been put to me that Majak is probably older than he is registered as in Australia.

He has, so hopefully he can adjust his bullshit worldview beyond make your bed in the morning and everything will be OK, and recognise the world is a lot more complex and humans a lot more fallible.

I suspect though he won't, as he can make too much coin and accumulate more power selling his bullshit to rubes.

He's a snake oil salesman
I'm not sure what's bullshit about his world view.
He's very qualified in the topics he speaks about.

I've never come across anything that is more then just name calling when it comes to critiquing him

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does anyone have any cold remedies that actually work lol

My nose is blocked and I feel like gagging every 2 seconds (I have a very strong gag reflex)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I had a bit of a weird chance meeting with a Lebanese bloke ~ 20 years back when myself & a bird were stuck in city in the early A.M. Those Melbournian night people who are old enough to remember can reminisce about how hard it was to get a taxi at 2-4 am back then, and we were thumbing for yet another cab that already had a job when this Arab looking bloke pulls over & asks us where we were going. I told him the west subs and he said he was happy to give us a lift, so we hopped in and as we were driving along I noted a big crucifix hanging from his rear view mirror and asked of it's significance.

Anyway, the conversation moved along and he told us that he was a Christian & Lebanese refugee, then some more small talk, and after delving further in to his story, he revealed that he was a former Lebanese christian millitiaman who was K.O.S. back in Lebanon, due to the number of kills he had attained and in particular for bringing down an entire building with enemies in it, via some type of shoulder fired rocket launcher. It made street fights in the back alleys of North Melbourne look rather tame by comparison.

Nice fella. I hope he's still going well.

Coincidentally the bloke im talking about is Christian too. Only found out because I asked him how his Ramadan is going lol. Sounds wild over there. In broken English “everyday fighting, killing, friends get killed. One day I say I’m going on holiday, come to Australia and don’t go back.” Very nice fella. Only a year younger then me, 38.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back