Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proud dad moment. Junior Spider has officially got his 1st full time job.

Apprentice sparky. Starts Monday with a company that's constructing a big extension at the local old folks home.
Its a great trade SB, see if he can migrate into industrial electrics. its the best work and the most challenging which can lead to automation opportunities, working on equipment like control systems.

hope junior payed attention at school because he is about to discover there is a bit of math in electrical trade school.

Its a great trade SB, see if he can migrate into industrial electrics. its the best work and the most challenging which can lead to automation opportunities, working on equipment like control systems.

hope junior payed attention at school because he is about to discover there is a bit of math in electrical trade school.

Yeah, my bro in law is a sparky who works in the Local Bega processing plant, so he's been giving him some good advice and taken my son out on some of his cashies to give him a bit of experience.

Time to move onto the effect on Myelinisation on action potentials and the relationship that process has with habit formation, muscle memory and motor schema.
IM CRYING FERBS CRYING

Nothing more satisfying than pretty notes View attachment 1358873
revenge of the nerds GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing more satisfying than pretty notes View attachment 1358873

Your handwriting is nice, I am envious... on the downside I can read the spelling errors. :p

You spelt "brief" wrong, you will have to start from scratch. :stern look

It is why I opted for barely legible messy notes when I was at school, harder to spot mistakes. :p

Your handwriting is nice, I am envious... on the downside I can read the spelling errors. :p

You spelt "brief" wrong, you will have to start from scratch. :stern look

It is why I opted for barely legible messy notes when I was at school, harder to spot mistakes. :p
It’s a ploy….. if they are copying my notes it will be obvious 🤪

Everyone knows I cannot spell for the life of me

Of course he was remorseful, the lawsuits against him were proven.

He is remorseful that he was called out. No ethical or moral person would have gone down that road to begin with.

He gets zero benefit of the doubt for his actions. He is a grifter who feeds on the stupidity of the gullible.

Absolute scumbag bottom feeder.
Yep he offered the families $120,000 each to go away and they said no.

Additionally he has been found in contempt of court for refusing to appear and is being fined $25,000 per day until he does so.

Yep he offered the families $120,000 each to go away and they said no.

Additionally he has been found in contempt of court for refusing to appear and is being fined $25,000 per day until he does so.

Oh dear Alex, you can run but you can't hide.

This will bankrupt him.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving fellow.

I kinda doubt that anyone here wants to answer this seriously, but I wanna give it a go:

What is the actual argument for the AFL retaining ownership of AFL teams with solid membership?

Gold Coast and GWS I get - they're new, they're financially reliant on AFL House, they're building their supporter base in difficult (ie NRL) territory, I get it.

The AFL execs are investing millions into these clubs and so they want to control their governance until they are profitable. It makes sense.

But Sydney, Port, Adelaide - these clubs are different. They've got respectable membership levels and have strong sponsorship backing. What is the justification of the AFL deciding who their directors are?

I understand the history of why they're anomalies and why everyone whinges about the advantages they get as non-Victorian clubs.

But today, in 2022, why shouldn't the AFL grant members of these clubs the ability appoint directors for their clubs tomorrow?

Really?

That's probably my least favorite JD/NO song.
I didn't respond to this at the time you posted this dude but honestly I didn't know what to say.
It's probably Martin Hannett's most perfect production. That other-earthly synth, the splintry guitar, that cardiac arrest of a drum track, and most of all, Ian's spellbinding vocal performance.
Curtis finally nails the post-punk version of Sinatra that Hannett's been pushing him for. And the lyrics are legit genius.
I mean, Closer is still probably better than any Beatles or Stones album, and Unknown Pleasures only has 1 or 2 rivals as the greatest debut album of all time, but jesus dude.
Debussy used to talk about how music was all about the silence in between the notes. Love Will Tear Us Apart is all about the words left unsaid between Ian's perfect verses.

I kinda doubt that anyone here wants to answer this seriously, but I wanna give it a go:

What is the actual argument for the AFL retaining ownership of AFL teams with solid membership?

Gold Coast and GWS I get - they're new, they're financially reliant on AFL House, they're building their supporter base in difficult (ie NRL) territory, I get it.

The AFL execs are investing millions into these clubs and so they want to control their governance until they are profitable. It makes sense.

But Sydney, Port, Adelaide - these clubs are different. They've got respectable membership levels and have strong sponsorship backing. What is the justification of the AFL deciding who their directors are?

I understand the history of why they're anomalies and why everyone whinges about the advantages they get as non-Victorian clubs.

But today, in 2022, why shouldn't the AFL grant members of these clubs the ability appoint directors for their clubs tomorrow?
Licencing condition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back