Play Nice Random Chat Thread VII

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was some sort of glitch a while back. Chief started a thread about it. For some reason everyone got directed to the Sydney board.

We're all Nick Blakey

LuvtheKangas still think that Biden would hold up debating Trump?

I didn't watch it but it's clear that he did very poorly. I also understand that the moderators just allowed Trump to lie the whole way through it.

I feel sorry for decent Americans having to live with the consequences of two terrible candidates.

I didn't watch it but it's clear that he did very poorly. I also understand that the moderators just allowed Trump to lie the whole way through it.

I feel sorry for decent Americans having to live with the consequences of two terrible candidates.

It’s ridiculous that’s the best they’ve got. I hope that there is a deep state.

Last edited:
It’s ridiculous that’s the best they’ve got. I hope that there rest is a deep state.
Of course there's a "deep state". Its why the US keeps functioning despite how useless the vast majority of US federal politicians are (Its not just presidential candidates.)

But its not what Trump says it is.

Its the networks of the sorts of power that aren't regulated by constitutional stuff like the seperation of powers.

This is an okay vid about it but it only focuses on the intelligence agencies associated with it.

The intelligence networks are one element of it but its also the networks that exist in other centres of non government power. Like Wall St in the US - the revolving door between US financial regulators and finanacial companies for example. Its why no one who was really responsible for the GFC was prosecuted for it.

In some ways its why presidential elections are meaningless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back