Play Nice Random Chat Thread VII

Remove this Banner Ad

awesome ferbs, get a cheap tripod, they like 35 bucks on ebay, will really sharpen up the images,
I was on the phone to mum. LOL.

And the kids were jumping all over me too.

At one point it looked like pink billowing curtains going from the horizon to the moon. Incredible.

Will check out the tripods, cheers. (I dunno if we'll ever see a night like that again tho.)
i said the same thing in may...
the long range forcast is decent solar activity for the next 8 months, its just a lottery if you get clear, and activity at the same time when you are not away or busy,
the boffins on aurora watch were all over this one, like a day ago. we have just came off a pretty signifigent event,

1728645946204.png

i said the same thing in may...
the long range forcast is decent solar activity for the next 8 months, its just a lottery if you get clear, and activity at the same time when you are not away or busy,
the boffins on aurora watch were all over this one, like a day ago.
I might have to follow them.

We are entering a solar mixima I think, which means alot of activity for a while.

you captured some pretty impressive ranges of colours, particularly the 2138648 attachment.
I was mostly just trying to catch the colour range. Cos it was incredible, even with the naked eye. Pinks, even red, purples and of course green. It was rippling at times, like those classic videos of the Northern Lights. There was those lines I caught, but then there'd be intense bands of horizontal and vertical colour.

I've got brilliant colours but very blurry. I'll post them later or tomorrow. I was on the phone and every 30 seconds the kids would run up, hug me and say "this is the best thing I've ever seen", "its like my imagination" or even "this is a little bit scary". lol.

(A tripod would certainly prevent that being an issue.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might have to follow them.

We are entering a solar mixima I think, which means alot of activity for a while.
link to the aurora boffin group, some of them have some pretty nice kit, like fast f/2.8 lenses. pretty happy with my snaps from a 200 buck phone and a povvo tripod. ,

Checked it out.

I saw one of those STEVE things tonight.

There was a photo from Kiama with what they said was one in it. It looked like the same vertical beam of light I saw.

Altho after looking them up I think it was more likely the horizontal green band in the second photo i uploaded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice Random Chat Thread VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back