Random Question Thread (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are just playing to beat your mates in your league, would it not be better to not pick your team until after round 2 once form has been exposed and can see who are the best Rookies. Is there anything that would stop you from doing that??
Might be wrong here but I think if you don't have a fully selected team prior to round 1 then you're removed from the league.

Swan vs. Watson.

How many points a week on average do you think I will be losing if I pick up Watson and ditch Swan? Might be worth it if I can make the 100k difference in price work for me.

Swan vs. Watson.

How many points a week on average do you think I will be losing if I pick up Watson and ditch Swan? Might be worth it if I can make the 100k difference in price work for me.

If you intend on making Watson your captain...

A lot. ~20ppg+ (up to 30)

Though there are certainly other valid captain options. (Which would mean you might not lose any, if your valid captain option outscores swan).

If you intend on making Watson your captain...

A lot. ~20ppg+ (up to 30)

Though there are certainly other valid captain options. (Which would mean you might not lose any, if your valid captain option outscores swan).

My other three mids would all be ahead of Watson in the captain pegging order, so that is not an issue.

My other three mids would all be ahead of Watson in the captain pegging order, so that is not an issue.

Then you are thinking about it wrong.

As long as that 100k spent elsewhere in your team does more for you and you think Watson can average more than he did last year then he could be an excellent pick for M6 position. Last year until his injury he was on track to be an excellent pick.

Seeing as this is the random question thread, for those with assistant coach what is your projected round 1 score

My highest projection (not Max score) was 2198, but I'm not sure this was actually my best team. My son has done one with a 2200 projection.

But some of the players in the projection may not actually play in round one.

Currently 2045 or something, but lots of zero projections in the team.

For the round 1 partial lockout, is there still unlimited trades once the lockout is occured. For example can I still change the Saturday and Sunday players unlimited?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me personally, I'm just picking the side I believe will net me the most points and I'll worry about the byes when it comes closer to those rounds. I don't think it's a good idea to select a team to suit the byes as these byes are going to hit everyone hard and you can't really "dodge" them.
mostly agree with this. But to add on to that, rather than look at minimizing the number of zeroes i cop during the bye rounds, im looking at maximizing the number of premiums i have take to the field during the bye rounds. You can kill 2 birds with one stone if you trade-in your cash cows and upgrade to premiums right.

One important thing, Im not doing any sideways trades to maximize the number of premiums that take to the field during the bye rounds. Only sideways trades i do are when players cop LTI's.

Is anybody thinking about the two rugby league boys? I probably won't pick them, but both are showing some encouraging signs, and they both, at least, have job security.

Is anybody thinking about the two rugby league boys? I probably won't pick them, but both are showing some encouraging signs, and they both, at least, have job security.

I am seriously thinking about Hunt v Bower as I need a cheap player that actually gets games up back

And Issy on the bench as an upgrade. At 115k I don't think he will go down anyway.

We'll see come round 1.

I am seriously thinking about Hunt v Bower as I need a cheap player that actually gets games up back

And Issy on the bench as an upgrade. At 115k I don't think he will go down anyway.

We'll see come round 1.

It seems bizarre even thinking about including one of them, but the poor rookie choices make them decent picks. Could be a decent point of difference having one or both.

Ok a few of questions relating to Melbourne players...

Jack Grimes - What's the duration of his shoulder injury havn't seen any reports on it, is he still likely for round one?

Magner - Broken finger, i notice he is still in a few sides, I havn't seen any report on him either.

Couch - Is he likely to play early?

Plenty of backline rookies IMO

I dont know why you would bother with K.Hunt or Folau for that matter.

Im sure you will find a few from this list that will play round 1

Guthrie, M.Clarke, Bower, Mohr, Ellis, Smedts, Darley, Bugg, Morris, J webb, Spurr ect

Guthrie, M.Clarke, Bower, Mohr, Ellis, Smedts, Darley, Bugg, Morris, J webb, Spurr ect

Agree, plenty of backline rookies that should be chosen over Hunt or Folau.

But as you say in another thread it is about the overall performance not just being there round 1.

I'd say not to write off Fulao in the forward just yet.

Hunt is overpriced, but he may get consistency, he is an elite athlete and as he learns the game he will find himself in the right place at the right time more often.

If a team needs a rookie to take the field every week will Guthrie, Smedts, Morris break into the team every week?

Ok a few of questions relating to Melbourne players...

Jack Grimes - What's the duration of his shoulder injury havn't seen any reports on it, is he still likely for round one?

Magner - Broken finger, i notice he is still in a few sides, I havn't seen any report on him either.

Couch - Is he likely to play early?

would also love some info on both grimes and magner.
dees fans?

A question based on the teams people have posted and those players under discussion. Is 2012 the return of the mid-priced strategy? Teams are not filled with them, but it's common to see teams with 3 or 4, whereas the last couple of years it was almost exclusively GNR.

Is it there is value, where last year people could see none?
Is it a lack of confidence in this year's rookies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back