Random Question Thread (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In rounds 11-13 maybe you should only have to field 21 players instead of 22. You can choose which position you decrease in the amount of players. Also with the one player less on the field maybe you should be able to select a bench option in each position on the field for these areas (ruck, for, back, mid). Increasing the subs by one.

Aye bit of introducing of the bye to dream team, i like it. Would make having a strategy of DPP important.

- simple to understand for average joe
- Reduces chance of zero
- add a bit of skill by making sure you have DPP, depth in certain areas so you can take a player away that will likely score the least
- correlates with real footy in the sub rule, a slight introduction maybe of things to come for the future

Random Question 1: What's black, white and red all over?

Random Question 2: Missing DWD from these parts? Where are you majestic makybe diva australiafl?? Perhaps he has dancing lessons on Mondays though.

Thanks guys.

FanFooty is great and all but I want to tinker with my team in the real thing and get prices confirmed.

Can anybody advise how I figure out what a player is "priced at"?

Say when a player is priced at 75 but his real price/value is really 95. Like how do I figure out a players worth at 50, 55, 65, 90, 120 etc last season comparing to his starting price this season, to figure out if he is over/under priced?

For eg when a player is priced at X where his real vaule is Y.

or

I've seen people comment on Rockliff being priced too high and you would be paying 'overs' for him.

Trying to figure out the value of a player.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Players are priced based on their averages from last year. To get a players price you multiply last years average by the magic number which is set by virtualsports. According to the m0nty's Fanplanner the magic number this year is about 4944.

Rockliff averaged 112 last year so his price is calculated by multiplying 112 by 4944 to get about 553,000.

The only exceptions to this are when players are discounted because they didn't play many/any games in the previous season. That's all a bit random and there's no set formula for discounts.

Hopefully that helps you out a little.

^^

So basically, when you hear people saying they're "undervalued" it's basically because they'd be excluding a game or two where they were the sub/got injured and subbed off etc.

During the season you can use a program called "FF Genie" (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=901436) and it will have players "real" prices based on their average and how much they should cost due to that average. However, they will often be quite over/undervalued since prices due based on a players like 3 game score.

Can anybody advise how I figure out what a player is "priced at"?

Say when a player is priced at 75 but his real price/value is really 95. Like how do I figure out a players worth at 50, 55, 65, 90, 120 etc last season comparing to his starting price this season, to figure out if he is over/under priced?

For eg when a player is priced at X where his real vaule is Y.

or

I've seen people comment on Rockliff being priced too high and you would be paying 'overs' for him.

Trying to figure out the value of a player.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

If you go to the Fan Footy website (see link in top thread) you can set up a plan team. When you do it will show you their price, their average last year, and any discount they have received this year. Players normally only receive a discount when they have played less than 7-8 games in the previous year and averaged over a certain amount.

Hayes is an example. If you look at FF you can see he averaged 108 in 2010, 86 in 2011 and has received a 10% discount on his 86 average last year.

Are people who are interested in League win choosing a few North players given they play GWS in the final round?

OR are you thinking that maybe they might rest a few players/take it lightly if finals are not an option or they are locked into a position in the 8?

I'm starting to potentially take interest in Swallow/Adams and some north rookies.

Are people who are interested in League win choosing a few North players given they play GWS in the final round?

OR are you thinking that maybe they might rest a few players/take it lightly if finals are not an option or they are locked into a position in the 8?

I'm starting to potentially take interest in Swallow/Adams and some north rookies.

In another thread only a few minutes ago you posted about not worrying about the byes, yet your worrying about round 24 :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In another thread only a few minutes ago you posted about not worrying about the byes, yet your worrying about round 24 :eek:

Haha, in my mind they are a different matter.

I always look at who plays who in the last 4 rounds, that's where you win your league, not round 11,12,13. You might lean with a certain player or trade a certain way, lately there has been a tendency for teams to rest players at season's end eg. Hawks, Saints, Collingwood, Geelong.

Just gauging people's thoughts on the matter.

Good point nameless, am looking at Swallow for that reason. Wouldn't bother with the rookies though as youd hope to upgrade them by then!

Cheapest place to buy the Prospectus?

I want to buy the Prospectus but I can't justify paying 39 bucks for the book and 9 bucks for shipping on the champion data website. Where are some places to buy it cheaper than that?

Re: Cheapest place to buy the Prospectus?

I want to buy the Prospectus but I can't justify paying 39 bucks for the book and 9 bucks for shipping on the champion data website. Where are some places to buy it cheaper than that?

I read a tweet from Fantasy Freako saying that the prospectus doesn't hit book stores until the start of February.

Every book store and newsagent I went into a couple of days ago didn't have the prospectus.

$39 would be the RRP I would say.

If you live in Melbourne, the Herald Sun Shop @ Southbank will have it soon thereby saving you the postage. I got mine 2 weeks ago and I live OS.

I read a tweet from Fantasy Freako saying that the prospectus doesn't hit book stores until the start of February.

Every book store and newsagent I went into a couple of days ago didn't have the prospectus.

$39 would be the RRP I would say.
Yeah I just don't want to pay nine bucks for shipping. That's ridiculous if you ask me. Shipping is a rip off in Australia.

If you live in Melbourne, the Herald Sun Shop @ Southbank will have it soon thereby saving you the postage. I got mine 2 weeks ago and I live OS.

The Herald Sun shop already has it in stock. Went down there on the 25th and paid $30.95

I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion of strategy surrounding the byes.
Are people planning on trading massively throughout the 3 weeks? or writing off a week and saving trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back