Random Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah... Didn't know about this 3300 rule, thanks. Macdonald scoring 95 with 4 touches in game 1 etc; it was all a bit confusing... didn't think he'd be able to score 100 with 8 possies in the reg season. Makes the form hard to analyse for someone without foxtel.

No probs - Yes, these shortened games are making it hard to do research ... I'll place a lot more credence in the scores from the full length preseason games when they start ... :D

It's better to use the dream team scores as they are more of a reflection on the players performance. We all know who uses the ball efficiently which is obviously the key to SC.

What's the deal with the Supercoach scores listed for last night's (and I assume the rest of this round's) games? All inflated by some factor to account for shorter games?

Where did they publish the supercoach scores?

To have 3 rookie starting MID or not to have 3 rookie starting MID is the question?

Last year I went with the 2 starting rookie mids (Barlow and Martin from memory) and was really kicking myself after a couple of rounds for not starting with 3 rookies on the park. Obviously Barlow was a no brainer so that helped.

Last year was heaps of depth MID wise and it appears that this year can just about match it. Not sure if can dig out another Barlow type this year but see what happens I guess...

Can really see the upside of generating plenty of money with max cows / rookies + extended bench to boot. Should make it very easy to upgrade MID rookies.

Downside gotta start off to a flyer as league games start Round 1 and will be facing very strong teams from the get go... and need as much MID Captain options as possible (maybe no insta-captain this year aka Ablett)

Tough one

To have 3 rookie starting MID or not to have 3 rookie starting MID is the question?

Last year I went with the 2 starting rookie mids (Barlow and Martin from memory) and was really kicking myself after a couple of rounds for not starting with 3 rookies on the park. Obviously Barlow was a no brainer so that helped.

Last year was heaps of depth MID wise and it appears that this year can just about match it. Not sure if can dig out another Barlow type this year but see what happens I guess...

Can really see the upside of generating plenty of money with max cows / rookies + extended bench to boot. Should make it very easy to upgrade MID rookies.

Downside gotta start off to a flyer as league games start Round 1 and will be facing very strong teams from the get go... and need as much MID Captain options as possible (maybe no insta-captain this year aka Ablett)

Tough one

I think having Harris in the mix and the quality of some of the kids means 3 rookies is the way to go.

I see that everybody is mentioning Chapman as a fwd. If you want a decent MPP for mid/fwd there isn't any premiums apart from Chappy. The next best is Goodes. For that reason i have him in my mids.

I see that everybody is mentioning Chapman as a fwd. If you want a decent MPP for mid/fwd there isn't any premiums apart from Chappy. The next best is Goodes. For that reason i have him in my mids.

Pavlich is a premium MPP Mid/Fwd.

Searched this whole thread and no one has asked about when the black book will be released. Does anyone have any ideas? I spose it's hard to know when, just comes out randomly.

If you're talking about that Champion data one I've heard it advertised a few times on SEN so it must be available somewhere.

You could try the Champion Data website, or check at a local newsagent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely !! If not, Jack Grimes and Dangerfield would be the biggest locks of 2011 ! I would LOVE to have a player who can score 142 points in a half length match and double that to 284 when the real season starts.

I guess they have just kept the same 3,300 points per game rule that they use during the real season (the scores of all players must add up to 3,300 give or take a few points)

I'd say that the 142 score you quoted was probably 71 for the entire nab cup game..... Then doubled to give you and rough idea how they went scoring wise against a normal game. It's quite often to see scores around 90 for a half a game for a player only to come back to the field so to speak and finish off 130 points for example....... Then we've seen players that have done SFA for 3 quarters and to mark everything and kick goals and score huge points in that last quarter.

If you're talking about that Champion data one I've heard it advertised a few times on SEN so it must be available somewhere.

You could try the Champion Data website, or check at a local newsagent

Nah meant the Supercoach little black book that comes out every year with the paper.

What's your definition of a premium then? ;)

LOL - as a midfielder my definition is somebody who has not been injured since the end of last season (Didak) or someone who is not older than the game of AFL itself (Harvey) ... basically someone who is likely to average 110 points or above ... in which case only Chapman fits the bill (according to my definition) of a Midfield Premium who is MPP eligible in the FWD line.

Why are games tonight being shown delayed? Sh!thouse effort Channel 7, cant miss out on Home and Away and Better Homes and Gardens :rolleyes:

Wish the games were on Fox again
Because you'll still watch them.

True. Still very average effort. Kinda defeats the purpose of the "short" game from a watch at home point of view...
It's not average. They are a business. They can delay footy by half an hour and lose very few viewers, whilst fitting in another high-rating program in prime time. Smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back