akneal

All Australian
May 1, 2012
woop woop
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hope I'm not stealing anyone's thunder, hadn't seen it up so thought i'd get it going.

Rank the Round 7 Games in order of Interest yo you, discounting your own team's game.

Mine:
West Coast Vs Fremantle
Essendon Vs Bulldogs
Geelong Vs Richmond
North Melbourne Vs Gold Coast
Brisbane Vs Sydney
GWS Vs Port Adelaide
Hawthorn Vs St Kilda
Adelaide Vs Melbourne

Pretty dull Round......

Hope I'm not stealing anyone's thunder, hadn't seen it up so thought i'd get it going.

Rank the Round 7 Games in order of Interest yo you, discounting your own team's game.

Mine:
West Coast Vs Fremantle
Essendon Vs Bulldogs
Geelong Vs Richmond
Brisbane Vs Sydney
GWS Vs Port Adelaide
Hawthorn Vs St Kilda
Adelaide Vs Melbourne

Pretty dull Round......
Adelaide v Melbourne!

And then all that other bullsh*t. (Because I am attending my first Adelaide Oval game)

Clearly can read.

Id go,

WCE v Freo
Coll v Carl
Gee v Rich
Haw v St K
Ess v Dogs
Nth v GC
Bris v Syd
Adel v Mel

Apart from Collingwood's game only three interest me, in order:

Fremantle v West Coast - both 3-3, a Dockers on the back foot if they loose.

North v GC - North need to win these type of game, loose and the press conference may be the best part.

Essendon v Dogs - would like to see Crameri get the Dogs over the line.

For the games themselves West Coast v. Fremantle and North Melbourne v. Gold Coast are the ones of interest.

The others it's more a case of the aftermath. If Carlton lose as expected, at 2-5 the pressure is back. If Essendon lose to the Dogs (I'd have it 60/40 the Dons way) then a year where the players are meant to be free of the burdens of worrying (too much) about ASADA will be looking very shaky at a third of the way through the season. And if Richmond as expected go down to the Hawks, then like Carlton and Essendon it will be another side widely tipped for the eight needing to win 9 - 10 games of their remaining 15 to play finals. Not impossible, but after several years at the helm Hardwick would be facing pressure to show the Tigers have improved, not regressed this year.

The other matches may have upsets which would bring their own questions (any of Port, Adelaide or Sydney losing would rightly bring questions about mental fortitude about them), they are much less likely then the ones above happening.

West Coast Vs Fremantle
Geelong Vs Richmond
Essendon Vs Bulldogs
Collingwood Vs Carlton
Brisbane Vs Sydney
GWS Vs Port Adelaide
Adelaide Vs Melbourne
Hawthorn Vs St Kilda

Seems like a pretty bland round on paper. I have ranked our game with the reigning premiers last in the (likely well founded) fear it will be a genuine rout, and am glad I have somewhere else to be, ironically facing a similar situation in the reverse at the VFL, where unbeaten Port Melbourne face basket case Bendigo Gold.

Adelaide v Melbourne!

And then all that other bullsh*t. (Because I am attending my first Adelaide Oval game)
Mate - you'll love it. It's an AWESOME experience, and like 99.99999999% of those who have already been to Adelaide Oval, you'll be so glad AFL footy is no longer played at AAMI Stadium.

As for the games, it seems like a straightforward/mundane round, but tipping 9 winners this year is proving impossible, and I have no doubt that there'll be at least one game where we say, "How the hell did that happen???"

West Coast Vs Fremantle - Should be a real hotly contested game.
Geelong Vs Richmond - I think the cats will win easily, but I do enjoy watching both teams play when they are up & about.
Essendon Vs Bulldogs - Dogs always give a good contest & the Bombers will need to be on guard.
North Melbourne Vs Gold Coast - North play a good style of footy & should win well but GC are improving steadily.
The others seem to be headed for one sided contests.

Most weeks I dont find many games interesting. Ill watch if i have nothing else to do. This week, potential interesting games:

Essendon Vs Bulldogs - see which team falls off the perch for 2014 first
Geelong Vs Richmond - love seeing richmond get further in the shite in 2014
North Melbourne Vs Gold Coast - would love an upset here, i have missed sooky brad scott post match press conferences

Carlton v Collingwood - big rivalry game, Thomas vs old club.
Essendon v Bulldogs - two teams that are hard to get a scope of, will probably be the closest game.
Brisbane v Sydney - Sydney weren't great last week and have been up and down all year. Historically, Brisbane has caused a few upsets at the Gabba in the past few years. Could see a good contest if Sydney play anything like last week.
North v GC - If it was at Metricon I think it would be a good game. North really like Etihad (aside from r1). Will be interested to see if GC can keep up.

Other games should be boring one sided affairs.

Not an inspiring round, but it should be good for my tipping:

1. West Coast Vs Fremantle - Ladder positions mean little. Freo need the win if they want to get back into Top 4 calculations
2. North Melbourne Vs Gold Coast - Interesting game, should have a better idea of where GC are at after this game.
3. Collingwood Vs Carlton - Just for the crowd, the rivalry plus Daisy v the old club.
4. Essendon Vs Bulldogs - Wonder what sort of game Crameri will have and if Essendon can stop their slump.
5. GWS Vs Port Adelaide - Hate to admit it but love watching Port play, and will be interesting to see how much GWS have improved
6. Geelong Vs Richmond - Geelong should bounce back after last week
7. Hawthorn Vs St Kilda - Hawthorn flying, St Kilda would need to surpass their Essendon form to even get close
8. Brisbane Vs Sydney - Game does not interest me at all, not expecting much of a skilful contest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. West Coast Vs Fremantle - Ladder positions mean little. Freo need the win if they want to get back into Top 4 calculations

It's 7 v 8 anyway so it looks like a good match-up according to the ladder.

1 Ess/Dogs - hoping to see Essendon's form continue
2 North/GC - North should be too strong but it will be quality viewing if they pull a North and put in a limp performance
3 GWS/Port - probably a smashing, but I like watching Port
4 Geel/Rich - some hope of a decent game, but probably a smashing
5 Carl/Coll - probably a smashing
6 Bris/Syd - might be a little closer
7 Ade/Mel - probably a smashing
8 Haw/St - probably a smashing

Geelong v Richmond promises a 70% hilarity so thats my number pick.
then
WC V Freo
now im losing interest
Essendon v WB
NM v GC

and then I doubt Ill bother with the rest except for maybe a quick flick between channels to check scores and see if theres a game worth watching.

1 Carl/Coll - a rivalry I always enjoy watching.
2 Geel/Rich - amusement factor.
3 North/GC - probably match of the round, tragically.
4 WCE/Frem - because it shouldn't be a blowout.
5 GWS/Port - only because I enjoy watching Port.
6 Haw/StK - possible hilarity. If margin's 35-45ish, will change the channel.
7 Adel/Melb - should be a smashing, have little interest in that. Crowd figure should be interesting though.
8 Bris/Syd - boring.

I would say:

West Coast vs Fremantle - Really want Fremantle to smash them
North vs Gold Coast - I think this would be a good game and certainly one of the closest this round
Collingwood vs Carlton -Will probably be a smashing, which is fine by me. I am never sure which one I will back until the game starts. Very strange. I think I might back or 'want' the Pies to win this time. Yes, I am deliberately avoiding the term "barrack" or "going for" because I don't do that with either team.
Geelong vs Richmond - I've got a bit of a soft spot for Richmond, so I hope that it is a good game. I can't see that unfortunately.

The rest are really not interesting unless it happens to be an upset.

1. Carlton Vs Collingwood - Will be a cracking start to the game I reckon
2. North Melbourne Vs Gold Coast - Even contest
3. Essendon Vs Bulldogs - Think the Dogs will put up a fight
4. GWS Vs Port Adelaide - Good test for the Giants
5. Adelaide Vs Melbourne - Adelaide by how much...
6. Brisbane Vs Sydney - Sydney by how much...
7. Hawthorn Vs St Kilda - Hawthorn by how much...
8. Geelong Vs Richmond - Geelong by how much...

WC Eagles v Dockers, Brisbane Lions v Swans
Geelong v Richmond, North Melb v G Coast
Carlton v Collingwood
GWS Giants v Port Adelaide
Adelaide v Melbourne, Essendon v W Bulldogs

North v GC - North need to win these type of game, loose and the press conference may be the best part.

The north board meltdown would be the best part and I'd be in line to express my disappointment.

Can't discount my own team because the derby is the only unpredictable match. There will be plenty of floggings this week. Daisy will get boos, which will be fun to watch for the first few minutes, but in the end Collingwood will still smash the blues. NM v GC has some excitement, but norf should win by a good 6 goals. Not many good games this week.

Clearly can read.

Alright, chill out. I was just having a laugh.

1.West Coast v Freo
2.Carlton v Collingwood
3.North v Gold Coast
4.Essendon v Bulldogs
5.Brisbane v Sydney
6.Geelong v Richmond
7.Hawthorn v St Kilda
8.Giants v Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Rank The Round 7 Games In order Of Interest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back