Media Rat of the Week - Official Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This reminds me of a funny story about drazah. The first time I met him IRL, at a pre-game BigFooty Port meetup, he turned up with not one, but TWO, Brazilian women in tow. He was Hazard then, I used this material for months afterwards!

Come to think of it, I probably recruited ALL of the current Swamprat LG to the club! And yet, they excluded me from the LG...
We kinda figured you'd want to unwind after being the league's top dog for the previous 3 seasons.......

We kinda figured you'd want to unwind after being the league's top dog for the previous 3 seasons.......
Hey, Grandpa. We know what's best for you, we've just sold your house and bought a lovely unit in a retirement home.

Except we sent him to one of those seedy ones from A Current Affair. At least it was cheap.
At least I know a few people here, like Dingster and TedDougChris and that old fella who walks around talking to himself - Mobbs, I think he said?

And the swill is...interesting. it could do with less chilli.

But the worst thing is, they only allow practice beers.

At least I know a few people here, like Dingster and TedDougChris and that old fella who walks around talking to himself - Mobbs, I think he said?

And the swill is...interesting. it could do with less chilli.

But the worst thing is, they only allow practice beers.

I'll drop by with a shack pack of West End a bit later. Make sure you hold on to the empties so we can cash them in.

#ratoftheweek - Round 9 Edition

Welcome to this Easter edition of #ratoftheweek. While many people will be forced into spending time with family, thankfully some of us will be busy at the pub preparing for a qooty blockbuster. It was at the Underground Stadium Life Members' bar where I caught up with this week's nominee. It was my first time being allowed to enter this mysterious venue, and I immediately felt unworthy upon seeing some of the photos and names on the various honour boards on the walls. There were still some sad looking ballons with #400 painted on them, and the bar looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while. I make my way to meet with this week's nominee, and I find him sitting next to a photo of himself that is elegantly framed on the wall. It immediately becomes clear why he was quick to nominate Catsnlakers to be the one to don the bunny suit for this year's Easter egg hunt. Congratulations MannumPower!

mannum.png

Me: How does it feel to finally get some recognition for your greatness in the qooty world?
MP: Well my Mobbs Medal win was a good start all those years ago but I think the time has come for me to be immortalised , I mean I’ve come back from a few seasons break and I’m in career best qooty form. Hopefully people will start taking more notice of me.

Me: Is it true that you’ve reported all the match preview authors who haven’t acknowledged you?
MP: I have reported them all to the Independent Commission Against Corruption, their time will come.

Me: Did you ever find out who was responsible for the Alberton fire in the season 18/19 off season?
MP: A gentleman’s agreement was made between the parties involved that all insurance monies earnt would be shared between said parties .

Me: What is your best memory as a Rats player?
MP: Probably getting the Swamprats back into the SFA, the behind the scenes work was phenomenal as was the recruiting, to see what the club has achieved since its return is humbling.

Me: Are there any former Rats getting around that you’d like to see come back to the club?
MP: I would always welcome my co-conspirators spookism and Noobz0r, we had some great times together.

Author's note: there are still a few spots available on the Swamprats' roster.

Me: Your relentless style of getting stuck in to the opposition must take its toll. What are your tips for exercise, nutrition and hydration for other Rats posters who may be considering upping their own game?
MP: Learn from the best, there are some great posters in this league, Mobbs is my favourite his humour and ability to bring people into a match thread while also keeping the talk about qooty is how everyone should post.

Me: What would you say to those who believe the Rats received too much positive press during the recent #rats400week? Is GremioPower in danger of becoming the next Qeddie Mcguire?
MP: They will always hate us because they aint us.

Me: What improvements to the Underground Stadium would you like to see? LED lighting? Kiss cam?
MP: I've always wanted more in ground eskies in the oval. A special Mobbs Medal cleaner would be good seeing as the Swamprats always seem to win them.
Me: I'll definitely pass these on to philreich.

Well that's it folks. Another ripping episode of #ratoftheweek. Stay safe this Easter and just remember, if you stay home and don't drive anywhere you can drink as much as you please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me: Is it true that you’ve reported all the match preview authors who haven’t acknowledged you?
MP: I have reported them all to the Independent Commission Against Corruption, their time will come.

BTGID, I’ll tell ya!

Last edited:
I pummel MannumPower endlessly with criticisms haha. It's very sweet that he spoke kindly of me. Now I just wanna hug that big log-lover!
Go have a chudshake old man

Sadly it appears he's led one of our rookies astray.
He is currently entombed in a container on a ship heading for the Suez canal

#ratoftheweek - Round 10 Edition

What an episode we have for you in the round 10 edition of #ratoftheweek. This week sees one of the most decorated players in the league bring up his 250th match. The former captain, All-SFA and premiership winning forward also brought up his 350th league goal with a four goal display against the Warriors (we won’t talk any more about that game). Please welcome star Swamprat full forward Hatchy1992.

hatchy.png

Me: Did you expect that you would make it to 250 games when you started at the Gumbies all those seasons ago?
H: I don't think anyone entering the league expects it to make it to 100 games, let alone 250, certainly not myself anyway so it's an achievement I am very honoured with and very excited to make this week.

Me: Can you tell us how the big move from the Dragons happened? Did philreich have to go on a hunger strike outside your house for several hours?
H: It's a move that's been in the works for a number of seasons now, in fact I think it was Ant Bear that messaged me to join the Rats about the same time the Dragons did all those seasons ago, but I always maintained that I'd join one day. philreich got into my ear at the end of season 29 about a move for season 30, obviously I wasn't ready at the time, but I am here now and I'm glad I eventually made the move.

Me: How did the Dragons take the news?
H: It was very difficult to break the news so out of respect to the club that I played over 100 times with I decided to wait until the end of the season to break it to them. There was alot of dissapointment but they all understood my position so I am very grateful for that, and I'm still getting tagged in Dragons match threads! Sometimes I see Knifey Spoony and serial_thrilla trod slowly past my favourite haunt at Sin City, the Underground bar.

Me: How have you found it working in a crowded forward line alongside such household qooty names such as SarahSmiles and LukeParkerno1?
H: It's been an honor this season. SarahSmiles has held the full forward mantle at the Rats for a long time and while I didn't expect to get the nod for FF this season I am very grateful that I was entrusted with it. Although I've had an inconsistent start in front of goals, I finally feel i'm starting to find my feet and I hope I'm repaying the faith.

Me: Who is the toughest defender you've played on?
H: Oh that's a tough one. There have been a number of good defenders that i've had good battles with over the seasons, but I always have good battles with Callums_Guns and I think he'd say the same thing.

Me: The Rats are currently going through a bit of a form slump and the media pressure is starting to ramp up. How do you keep focussed amid the media speculation and innuendo?
H: I've always had the mantra to never take notice of external opinion. And the rest of the club are the same I think. People are always going to have a bit to say, and that's fully within their rights, but I just put my head down and continue doing my role for the team. Eventually it will all click for us and everything will naturally fall into place after that.

Me: Have you found an eatery in Sin City to rival Dragon Island Subway?
H: Dragon Island subway had amazing subs, however SarahSmiles told me about the burger joint in Sin City a few weeks ago so I decided to try it and while I don't like comparing eateries, there was something about this burger joint that made me want to go back to it.

Me: Congrats again on reaching 250 games!
H: Thanks jackster. It's an achievement I am very proud of. Hopefully I can do the team proud this week and help us come away with a much needed victory.

Narrator: Several of Hatchy’s former team mates also stopped by to express their congratulations

AceAndy:
Great effort to get to 250 games Hatchy :thumbsu:

I see you slotted your 350th goal on the weekend. I recall in a fortnight last season you kicked 3.11 which means you are probably the SFA record holder with about 1200 points :D

A legend of the Dragons and great team man , co-captained the mighty Dragons to the season 28 premiership and was a great qooty player who I am sure would be welcome back at the Dragons.

Enjoy your 250th mate.

serial_thrilla:
Congratulations on the huge milestone Hatchy: it is a fantastic achievement over a very long period of time. Hopefully you've successfully infiltrated Sin City and stolen the Rats' qooty cheat codes; we look forward to seeing you in Dragon colours once more in S32. :)

This week we'll pour out one of these at Crocodile Drunkees on Dragon Island in your honour:

1602481383012-png.1095241

Knifey Spoony:
Hatchy my dear sweet prince; congratulations on this amazing milestone. It goes without mentioning that you are a legend of the Dragons, so I will admit my disappointment that you achieve this effort at another club. I will advise their is still time to get suspended until the end of season when you can heroically return...

Hatchy, you are a ripper Qooty player and an even better mate. Your favourite stool at Crocodile Drunkees will be forever reserved until you return, but until then, congratulations on a massive milestone in what has been an excellent career. Well done lad!

Well that's all we have time for in this week's episode of #ratoftheweek. Please tune in again next week.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. AceAndy serial_thrilla and Knifey Spoony for the tributes. And of course to jackster83 and the rest of my teamates for the effort that went into this.

It's been a long journey but i'm very pleased to have made it after almost hanging up the boots a few times, but I want to stick around for a while yet. Hopefully I can help the club to a much needed victory this week. A few goals in the process wouldn't go astray though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Rat of the Week - Official Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back