Rate A Captain: Lenny Hayes

Remove this Banner Ad

rather see riewoldt with the captaincy, but hayes is a great player.
i rekon he is underrated because of the quality players he has around him (riewoldt,ball,dal santo, harvey etc). if he was playing at a less successful club (hawks, tigers) he would be winning B&F's, and would be rated by the media (more than he is now).

flagfor05 said:
It's in their constitution.
It's nice to be sledged with imagination & humour :D

I reckon Lenny had a good honest year as Captain, he came third in our B&F was a pretty good return for the year. It will be interesting to watch him this season to assess the leadership that he continues to display & also to see if he performs differently without the weight of a (C) after his name.

Great player but think Riewoldt is the better option. Should stop this ridiculous rotation system. Hate how some people say it's a success because the Saints are doing well, when in reality the Saints would do well if my Mum was captain. Am all for developing leaders (god knows Hawthorn needs to do that) but that is what the leadership group is for. It diminishes the significance of being captain if it's someone new every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chemical said:
He isn't solid when he started a game on the bench because he thought the Bulldogs were easybeats. What an inspirational captain

he needed to to give Goddard and Hamill a run

he also wanted to sit on the bench and watch video tapes of Wells playing in a Kanaroo jumpers

tick66 said:
he needed to to give Goddard and Hamill a run

he also wanted to sit on the bench and watch video tapes of Wells playing in a Kanaroo jumpers
Oh i suppose Hamill and Goddard are interchange players then. Dunno whats up with his Wells fetish though

chemical said:
He isn't solid when he started a game on the bench because he thought the Bulldogs were easybeats. What an inspirational captain
:rolleyes:
That of course wouldn't be an example of you twisting things to suit your own point of view. :rolleyes: Interesting to know that you're so close to Lenny that you know what he was thinking at the time :eek:

chemical said:
Oh i suppose Hamill and Goddard are interchange players then. Dunno whats up with his Wells fetish though

just funny the jumper Wells was wear Hayes could'nt work out why he wasn't in a Blues jumper can any one help Lenny out with that one

Snickers said:
Hayes: One of the best 5 players ever.

Bentleigh said:
:rolleyes:

---

His final vs Port was awsome.

32 touches and about 724 rebounds out of defence.

Geez Bentleigh, your obsession with Snickers continues - now you are even falsifying quotes :eek:

Just as i said StKildonan.......... I have been saying it for ages.

Back to the topic!

Lenny did a magnificant job as captain, and just hear me out.

With all the off-field trouble after the Wizard Cup with Milney and Joey, Lenny had to stand up as he was the captain and he did.

He rallied the players together, kept them in a nice tight bunch and showed real leadership qualities. He is an outstanding player and talent, and an excellent leader and role model. And not only did he keep the group of players together, but he brought them closer. He was the youngest captain in the league last year, and what a terrific job he did, especially considering the circumstances and the enormous weight which were put on his shoulders leading into the 2004 season.

Keep up the good work Lenny. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Rate A Captain: Lenny Hayes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back