Rate a Country: BIG FOOTY WORLD CUP - FINALS SERIES

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I hear Ireland is going down the toilet in regards to their economy and what not. I'm a fan of the Irish, but if I was going to consider moving out of Australia (which I may have to if Gillard and the hippies stay in power) Canada would be a top candidate. So Canada for me.

Toughest pick of the tournament so far - don't really want to vote either of these countries out.

Like many others Canada would be one of my first choices to live in if I had to leave Oz. Seems to have all the good points of the US without the worst of their excesses.

But I'll have to go with personal experience/bias here. I've spent a bit of time roaming all over Ireland and I found it to be an absolutely enchanting little country. Ireland for me.

I like Ireland but for me their time is up and Canada are more than worthy of knocking them TFO.

Canada, as mentioned, has a lot of the great points of the US without having their worst extremes. It seems to be a country that is easy to live in as well no matter what stage of life you're at. Has something for everyone. The Vancouver riots of this year put me off majorly, but I'll excuse that for the purposes of this match up. Furthermore, pancakes and maple syrup is a balling breakfast and Niagara Falls is gangsta as fawk son. I also like how they speak both English and French, and how the French language is of significance within their parliamentary operations, despite English of course being their mainstay tongue. Pamela Anderson's t***ies also kept me happy at times when I was in primary school.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second Qualifying Final

3 UNITED STATES

[youTube]spL5JEslGV8[/youTube]

Round 1: Win over 213 GIBRALTAR
Round 2: Win over 179 BARBADOS
Round 3: Win over 124 NEW ZEALAND

V

27 SPAIN

[youTube]1PVBApEctbc[/youTube]

Round 1: Win over 154 TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
Round 2: Drew with 88 SWEDEN
Round 2 Replay: Drew with 88 SWEDEN
Round 3: Win over 75 CUBA

Yet another Trans-Atlantic Blockbuster!

Winner: United States, in an enthralling contest, but Spain lives on to fight another day.

I thought Ireland was tough competition but happy that Canada go through :thumbsu:

All these finals are hard! I've heard a lot of good things from people that have been to Spain. Good wine, good food, good sport, interesting history etc. I'm going to go with USA though. They have some bad points but they have contributed so much to the world. Plus, I have some good American friends. They aren't all idiots ;)

I think everyone knows my feelings about the US by now.

Spain is an awesome country. Love the lifestyle and the whole vibe of the place, plus they have one of the coolest sounding languages in the world.

(Their dubbed version of the Simpsons is hilarious - all the other characters try to talk like the English versions but then Homer comes on screen and sounds like this smooth, suave, deep baritone, James Bond-ish casanova)

Tough one. Despite hating aspects of the US, I don't rate Spain enough to be able to counteract the US' positives (just in my personal experience, I'm sure if I'd had something to do with Spain this would change). So, US for me

Remove this Banner Ad

Rate a Country: BIG FOOTY WORLD CUP - FINALS SERIES

Remove this Banner Ad

Back