Rate a Country: BIG FOOTY WORLD CUP - FINALS SERIES

Remove this Banner Ad

Bang, clash of the heavyweights. Would have been a worthy GF this one, wouldn't have a clue who to vote for.

Let's see, I guess Germany loses a few points for some seriously f**ked up shit going on during the Nazi regime, though at the same time it was pretty impressive that one country managed to take on half of Europe virtually singlehandedly at times.

Head to head France loses a few points for surrendering quicker than Freo on an MCG road trip, but from my limited knowledge of French history it sounds like they were a bit tougher back in their earlier days.

On a personal note, I've been to both and they're both great countries. Paris is one of the greatest cities I've ever been to, but I wasn't as much of a fan of Berlin. Too modern looking for my liking compared to other classic European cities. I guess that's what happens when you get the shit bombed out of you repeatedly and have to keep rebuilding.

Loved the rest of Germany though, more than I liked the other parts of France I saw.

Gunna go France I guess - a combination of being in love with Paris and being saddened by the f**ked up shit I saw visiting Auschwitz.

TL;DR = France.

France

I've been to both countries and liked France more, albeit I've seen a lot more of France than Germany. Germany I only saw Berlin, which I didn't really rate, and Munich which was nice but I spent the majority of my time there at Oktoberfest.

I think France has more variety though along with better weather and beaches in the south which makes it much more liveable and appealing.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Wine regions, Mediterranean beaches and the Alps give France an edge.

I guess you only have to look at the Tour de France to see some of the spectacular scenery that France has to offer. Not saying Germany doesn't have some nice scenery too but it would be hard pressed to beat France.

The thing I loved about the German countryside was you really felt like you were in the heart of Europe - that misty green woodland you see in movies set back hundreds of years ago.

For someone who grew up in a state full of red dirt and scrub land it fitted the romantic notions I had about European countryside perfectly.

Fourth Elimination Final

61 NETHERLANDS

[youTube]zfzZdSxkzMw[/youTube]

Qualifying Round 1: Win over 198 ISLE OF MAN
Round 1: Win over 112 FINLAND
Round 2: Win over 37 MOROCCO
Round 3: Win over 28 UKRAINE

V

94 SWITZERLAND

[youTube]WRTPWN1t4CM[/youTube]

Qualifying Round 1: Win over 165 COMOROS
Round 1: Win over 85 DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Round 2: Win over 23 ENGLAND
Round 3: Win over 11 MEXICO

Euro Clash!

Winner: Netherlands, despite a late charge by the Swiss!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Netherlands

How the hell did Switzerland beat England & Mexico????

Because nobody likes England? The Swiss have chocolate, watches, skiing and banks that are favourable to those that have heaps of cash. Oh and army knifes. What does England have? Rain, the Queen and crappy food? :p

Netherlands

Because nobody likes England? The Swiss have chocolate, watches, skiing and banks that are favourable to those that have heaps of cash. Oh and army knifes. What does England have? Rain, the Queen and crappy food? :p

I know most of what you said is in jest, but by your logic it means that nobody likes Switzerland because you voted against them ...

I know most of what you said is in jest, but by your logic it means that nobody likes Switzerland because you voted against them ...
Actually it was all in jest (hence the smilie) except for the vote for the Netherlands. Not sure I follow you're logic on the 2nd point but me voting for the Netherlands over Switzerland and Switzerland over England just says that I think that Netherlands>Switzerland>England

Then why is England one of the top destinations for Aussies?? They should still be in this comp.
Either saying that more people who vote in this dont like England than do like it is more accurate or I need to use more smilies :p

Switzerland.

^This. Add swiss cheese.

Then why is England one of the top destinations for Aussies?? They should still be in this comp.

People naturally gravitate to what they are familiar with. I mean Bali is up there.

Switzerland is a nice country, but this is a no-contest.

Netherlands.

Edit - Germany v Netherlands in Round 2 is going to be epic.

Even though the voting indicates it, why is it no-contest? No one has given their reasoning for the dutch so far. All I can think of is the stereotypical, "cool man they have weed in coffee shops". Their big pro for me is their soccer players, but I doubt every single voter here is a soccer fan, let alone one of their players.

Also, Germany v Netherlands is not going to be epic, and certainly won't match the Germany v France battle. Germany will win that contest hands down, and fair enough too.

Switzerland > Netherlands (except for soccer).

longines_mens_watch_master_collection.jpg

rolex-submariner-black-thumb-450x331.jpg

Tag-1.jpg

The swiss are a medium for balling activities. The dutch are a medium for the dope fiends. ;)

The swiss also have four national languages - french, german, italian and romansh. Whilst some of these are attributed to other countries obviously, the fact that they incorporate four and are thus multi-linguists deserves credit. Compare this to the singular dutch language, which in itself is one of the least phonetically aesthetic languages I've ever heard.

The World Health Organisation's headquarters are also in Geneva, Switzerland. You know, the organisation whose key responsibility is to keep the world living and improve our health.
who2.jpg

I don't even like Federer, but for a seemingly modest country, the swiss are ballers and I give them applause for that.

Swiss%20Countryside.jpg

swiss20countryside20pic.jpg

swiss-cheese-plate_588.jpg

swissarmy.jpg

alp-chocolate-zoom.jpg

Kitchen-Talks-Swiss-Chocolate.jpg

cmLINDT_ARTICLE_wideweb__470x321,0.jpg

lindt2blogo.jpg

roger-federer-macau.jpg

(great player even though I don't like him)

and the swiss alps
view-of-st-motitz-from.jpg

swissalps.jpg

Switzerland - for me, hands ****ing down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rate a Country: BIG FOOTY WORLD CUP - FINALS SERIES

Remove this Banner Ad

Back