Rate A Player: Rhyce Shaw

What do you think of Collingwood's Rhyce Shaw?

• He is a fantastic player and Mick Malthouse should give him more game time.

Votes: 19 16.1%
  • He is very mediocre and very much deserves to be a benchy.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • He is total and utter crap! If Collingwood were smart they would have ditched him long ago.

Votes: 61 51.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Murray said:
He would be the Captain a team super star with that rabble

Indeed. :rolleyes:

lutts said:
Who are you trying to kid?
Of course he would be in Richmond's 22.
I would go as far to say that because of TW's love of players who go out and play a specific gameplan regardless of their own personal opinion, and after watching Shaw's tagging roles on Akermanis & Judd, Rhyce would be in the starting 18 every week.
What other 'run with' players have you got?

I really dont beleive he would make Richmonds 22. Certainly not if we are fair dinkuim about blooding kids.

Both Roden and Chaffy are being touted as the run with players. Hartigan
will see more time in the midfeild this season and this role could suit him to a tee. Polo (who by all accounts is match ready in '05) was drated for just this reason along with being a decent onballer in his own right, winning the Cannons b&f. Id also take Pettifer, Newman or Tuck over Shaw.

I dont think he would get a game at Richmond.

In all honesty I think if he wasn't in the Shaw family he would have been given the boot from Collingwood.

NoelMugavin said:
I dont think he would get a game at Richmond.

In all honesty I think if he wasn't in the Shaw family he would have been given the boot from Collingwood.

Agreed, but not from his 2003-2004 form.

If he was Rhyce smith, he would've been axed at the end of 2002.

Having said that his 2003 was terrific, bar of course the GF.

leonmagic said:
Agreed, but not from his 2003-2004 form.

If he was Rhyce smith, he would've been axed at the end of 2002.

Having said that his 2003 was terrific, bar of course the GF.

so if he had such a fantastic season in 2004 then why did Malthouse persist to keep him on the bench with minimal game time? to the point that Uncle Tony again went public for Rhyce to leave.

NoelMugavin said:
you sound like you are doubting your coach LeonMagic.

Blind faith is not healthy. All players and coaches need to be appraised. Even Presidents.

I will watch with interest the blind faith the Lions fans show in Matthews as he drives his old players into the ground and fails to rebuild his list.

you mean blind faith like when Matthews and his Lions crushed Collingwood in two recent successive Grand Finals?

or the blind faith Malthouse had when he couldnt see out of teary weary eyes?

lica_mick,0.jpg

I think Lions supporters are pretty pleased with what we got for the minute.

hotpie said:
I will watch with interest the blind faith the Lions fans show in Matthews as he drives his old players into the ground and fails to rebuild his list.

If my coach won me 1 flag I would be extatic and would not mind dropping of the place and having to undertake some sort of building process. If he was to win 3 Ive be satisfied for a hell of a long time...

In Black, Brown, Hadly, Corrie, Brennan, Adcock, Spaanderman, Wood etc. I doubt they will completly fail to rebuild. Better young list the Collingwood.

leonmagic said:
Sorry to butt in Noel - hope there's room for someone else other than YOU in this thread, but I rate Rhyce.

He has terrific pace, flair and usually very neat skills - however he is a confidence player in every sense of the word.

As I've previously said, he is flying - and I mean FLYING in training at the moment, with all the confidence in the world. He cant keep his mouth shut, and he's having a ball mucking around with the boys.

He has pushed himself to exhaustion twice throwing up, so clearly he is determined to make his mark in 2005.

Whether he will or not remains to be seen, but he couldn't have done anything more since October last year, so I'm pleased.

Oh and a thread about us by you Noel - what a shock!

wow, a player flying in mid-January training - never heard that before - he must be good :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NoelMugavin said:
you mean blind faith like when Matthews and his Lions crushed Collingwood in two recent successive Grand Finals?

or the blind faith Malthouse had when he couldnt see out of teary weary eyes?

lica_mick,0.jpg

I think Lions supporters are pretty pleased with what we got for the minute.
You say we, yet you support the "Fitzroy Football Club", which doesn't seem to have a team in the AFL at the moment?

Dang.

L-Nizzy said:
You say we, yet you support the "Fitzroy Football Club", which doesn't seem to have a team in the AFL at the moment?

Dang.

Dang. You'd be right on that.

Actually I do support the present day Lions who did thump Collingwood to tears in recent successive grand finals. Tissue?

Amusing to see how bitter some of you Collingwood people are.

I am not a Collingwood supporter so I am not biased.I do think Shaw has potential.He lacks CONFIDENCE which I believe has been caused by both Collingwood and outside dudes.The pies drop players like hot pies..pardon the pun..they need to give Rhyce a string of games and perservere with him a while THEN they will know where he's at with his footy.If he doesn't make it he's on his way to a Uni degree so he'll be apples.

Snickers said:
None of the above......
He needs to be given ago before you can rate him.
he needs to learn how to play footy before we can give him a go

Remove this Banner Ad

Rate A Player: Rhyce Shaw

Back