Rate A Player: Rhyce Shaw

What do you think of Collingwood's Rhyce Shaw?

• He is a fantastic player and Mick Malthouse should give him more game time.

Votes: 19 16.1%
  • He is very mediocre and very much deserves to be a benchy.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • He is total and utter crap! If Collingwood were smart they would have ditched him long ago.

Votes: 61 51.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

At about round 9 in 2003 We were 4 and five and looking very slow with little run from the back half and it was rhyce shaw who started to give us some run and pace from defence, when givin the opportunity that is, and out wide that quickened us up and the side started to play with more dash and flair in general as well and we went on to win every game bar 2 looses to brisbane after that.

Im not saying rhyce was resposible for the complete turnaround but he gave us something we desperately needed at the time and when mick gave him more game time he duly responded and his confidence grew.

I reckon mick doesnt instill confidence but coaches from what i have heard on intimidation and fear and i think rhyce has lost a fair bit of confidence because of that coaching style.

He played two goodish games last year on aker in the wet and on judd so if given a defensive job to do he will stick to his task.

Get him on the weights get him fit and give him some decent game time and maybe he will regain some confidence and play like he did in mid 2003.

Where is the poll option "I'm going to be original and post an anti-Collingwood thread but I'll hide it by asking people to rate a bloke who has close family ties to Collingwood and had a very obvious mistake in a grand final."

Like alot of players going around when he is good he is pretty good but when he is bad he is awful. Because of his family ties he will always come under the microscope, more so than other players of similar inconsistency.

Some of his performances in 2003 were top class. Those saying he is useless need to be more objective when assessing players from clubs that they hate. Of course these are generally the same people who object to (or ignore) the fact that despite having a list of supposedly complete soft duds with poor delivery and no ticker, Collingwood somehow managed to make two grand finals in a row, coming close to snaring one in 2002.

Regards

S. Pete

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rate A Player: Rhyce Shaw

Back