Team Captain
Oct 18, 2005
Sunny Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Whitsunday Crocodillies!
Sorry if this is already done.....

He's one of my favourite players to watch and just wanna see your thoughts on the fella..

He's one of the best marks in the game and is an accurate kick
Can also play either down back or up forward just as good, Is a lot like Bradshaw the way he plays

I have a soft spot for hentschel because his a territory boy.....He pops up every now and then and proves he can take a game by his clutches. He reminds me of jarrad waite in the way as he will pop up and kick some goals then will go quiet the next couple games luckily his still young and i think he will become a bit more consistant over the next couple years which will be make or break for him.

A gun. But then against I am a president of the Trent Hentschel fan club that until the end of last year only had 4 members :p

Seriously, I think his main obstable is self belief. The kid just doesn't realise how good he can actually be. He was getting better this year as the season went on. Started the year OK but had a quiet patch in the middle of the year and subsequently got dropped.

When he got back into the side his attack on the contest has improved 200%. He wasn't timid anymore and he was going harder at the man and the ball and his workrate has improved. Needs to find a bit of consistency. Played some very good games for us this uear but needs to do it more often.

Can take a great mark. While hs approach to set shots is very unusual, his conversion rate is pretty high. Can play both ends and like most players finds it a lot easier in defence. Played on some of the games best forwards in the last couple of years and did his job admirably and in the same time frame he had some big games in the forward line.

He must take his game to another level next year. He needs to step up and develop into that classy key forward that are bloody hard to find. He has goal sense, excellent agility and small turning circle. He's got poise and very good awareness. While he is is not super quick, he hardly gets caught with the ball.

A great prospect but the ball is well and truly in his court. Time to step up to the plate rowdy :thumbsu:

I'm a fan too and think he can definitely play good footy. His main problem is he sometimes gets a little scared or perhaps confused when he has the ball and is not going for goal. Well he looks kind of confused and like he is not really sure what he should do with it. With a little more self belief he could be one of our best every week as opposed to just some weeks.

Stiffy_18 said:

that term gets used way too much, bottom line is hes our only young tall forward talent now. He should be put at CHF and left there. We are allowing him to be a floating loose forward atm. Maccas_no1 is right about the hardness, he reminds me in some ways of warren tredrea with his soft attack at the ball. If we could just get him to crash and spilt open packs or contests a bit more it would be good. I dont agree that you say hes a great mark either, overhead he is not that clean and it is more his judgment and agility that allows him to do well in contests. I hope he puts on more than 2 kgs this preseason and starts the season off well so he can improve as it goes on instead of the last couple of games this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

outback jack said:
that term gets used way too much, bottom line is hes our only young tall forward talent now. He should be put at CHF and left there. We are allowing him to be a floating loose forward atm. Maccas_no1 is right about the hardness, he reminds me in some ways of warren tredrea with his soft attack at the ball. If we could just get him to crash and spilt open packs or contests a bit more it would be good. I dont agree that you say hes a great mark either, overhead he is not that clean and it is more his judgment and agility that allows him to do well in contests. I hope he puts on more than 2 kgs this preseason and starts the season off well so he can improve as it goes on instead of the last couple of games this season.

He does need to put on some weight to be able to play CHF but i still think hes one of the best marks in the game :D i've seen him take some beauties this season

outback jack said:

:D Never miss an opportunity hey Jackie Boy. :D

I rate him ...he looks like being a very good forward , strong hands and a decent set shot for goal . as for Alex AU sometimes it's better to just keep quiet and let people think your a moron ..than to open it and remove all doubt ;)

He has developed into a solid contributor up forward, still with plenty of improvement left.

In my opinion his biggest assett is his ability to turn on a dime.

T-Clo said:
Hentschel...has potentschel

Yep.

For me he was summed up in the second quarter of this year's PF in about 5 minutes- first kick in he took a very tough gather in front of him and under all sorts of pressure kicked a downright freak goal snapped over his head. A few plays later, he got a handball in space, was running into an open goal and sprayed the shot badly.

He has top notch ability and could be a truly outstanding player or he could be the next daniel bandy. If he ever finds consistency he'll be one of the best players in the league.

maccas_no1 said:
Needs to really make his mark in 2006, has plenty of potenial but needs to perform consistantly every week, be hard at the footy, take good strong marks and kick big goals.
His last 6 weeks have been superb considering the role he plays in our forward line.
Coming along nicely.:thumbsu:

Love to see him at training on Rutten,especially after rnd 13 when his opponant got dragged off him.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rate a player: Trent Hentschel.........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back