Teams Rate my 2014 AFL Fantasy team

Remove this Banner Ad

Any comments?

Backs: J McVeigh, H. Shaw, D. Swallow, S Mitchell, P. Hanley & L. McDonald (J Laidler & M Fuller)
Mids: D Thomas, G Ablett, T Libertore, D Beams, S Wellingham, X Ellis, J Kelly, J Polec (M Crouch & C Beams)
Rucks: M Kreuzer & A Sandilans (T Dericks & D Currie)
Forwars: J Westhoff, P Dangerfield, D Martin, D Zorko, T Mitchell, S Kersten (M Honeychurch & L

Sorry missed the end of my forwards.

Backs: J McVeigh, H. Shaw, D. Swallow, S Mitchell, P. Hanley & L. McDonald (J Laidler & M Fuller)
Mids: D Thomas, G Ablett, T Libertore, D Beams, S Wellingham, X Ellis, J Kelly, J Polec (M Crouch & C Beams)
Rucks: M Kreuzer & A Sandilans (T Dericks & D Currie)
Forwars: J Westhoff, P Dangerfield, D Martin, D Zorko, T Mitchell, S Kersten (M Honeychurch & L Taylor)

The bench will depend on whether they suit up for round 1.

I 100% agree, apologies and fixed.

Cheers

View attachment 45467
No need to apologise, but hopefully you'll get more responses now!

Good overall team structure.

I'd be looking for alternatives to Clarke, Fuller, and Bock, as I don't think that they'll be playing rounds 1 or 2.

You've also got a unique forward line with some good picks in it, Caddy should increase his average. Strong mids too with good bench cover. However, I'm not sure how secure B. Jack's spot in our 22 is if we get a clean run with injuries, and would expect him to get some vests.

I 100% agree, apologies and fixed.

Cheers

Hi

Ibbotson is a good POD, if he is fit and playing. So far he has missed the two NAB Challenge matches, and he hasn't been named for the Dockers final practice match. The Dockers website didn't mention whether he was injured or not
Among the notable absentees from the squad are first 22 regulars Garrick Ibbotson and Zac Clarke, while Melbourne recruit Colin Sylvia has not been named.
(Fremantle FC website). But AFL website says "Achilles, 2-3 weeks" (updated 4/3/2014).
I wouldn't necessarily rule him out, as Hibberd is '3 weeks' but Essendon confident he will play round 1 (last I heard) so that doesn't always mean the expected date is right, but Freo do play first week (opener of the season) so he has less time to get fit.
Would look elsewhere.

As ScrewInStuds mentioned, Clark/Bock/Fuller aren't likely to play rnd 1. Clark is out for a while I think, Bock is out for rnd 4 or so. Bock would be a decent downgrade option at around rnd 8 or so, but don't think you should pick him rnd 1.

If you got say, Kennedy-Harris from Melbourne instead of Clark, you might be able to get Wright or Chapman to a premium. Now this is personal opinion, but if taking it seriously (either for league or overall), 3 risky midpricers/sub premiums in one position isn't a great option. I would look at Pav instead of Chappy, but a lot of people have Pav so something to consider for a POD.

Like the look of the rest of your team, just look out for Jack sub/not named. Should be a few guys around that price named, so just mke sure you watch team selection next week.

Good solid team though.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-05/best-22-nab-challenge

Just seeing the best 22 from the NAB challenge. How do you reckon these guys would go? Know pre-season is so different but think they would do alright!
All-Aust-banner_FA.jpg

15gw8hs.jpg

Only player I'm concerned with is Hampson and the only one i can see myself getting rid of to upgrade him is D Swallow.

Who would you pick in the backline instead of Swallow... in the 250-350k bracket?

Not many options at all if R Shaw is looking like the best (and i dont want to pick that spud). Colqhoun? Kooladjansji? Am thinking Grundy in the Ruck will need an extra 30k or McEvoy for about another 100k. Please help thanks.

Last edited:
Not sure about Bastinac's consistency when Zaharakis is available for a similar price. He could be in for a breakout year, but when you have a forward line of Franklin, Mayes, Menzel and Fasolo, you're hoping for too many breakouts.

15gw8hs.jpg

Only player I'm concerned with is Hampson and the only one i can see myself getting rid of to upgrade him is D Swallow.

Who would you pick in the backline instead of Swallow... in the 250-350k bracket?

Not many options at all if R Shaw is looking like the best (and i dont want to pick that spud). Colqhoun? Kooladjansji? Am thinking Grundy in the Ruck will need an extra 30k or McEvoy for about another 100k. Please help thanks.

I wouldn't be surprised if after rd 1 you're score is equal to about 50,000 others :)

That's just because it's a good team, all will be popular picks.

Hampson is the obvious 'flaw', but I agree it's kind of hard to pick up 100k to upgrade him without really damaging the team elsewhere.

A fair bit different to yesterday for the better I think!

Thoughts?
View attachment 45650

Get rid of b. Jack to a 120-150k player then upgrade viv to a dom Tyson type. Bocks out for a while from memory and be wary of wright.

Maybe change it up with a POD in mids of backs?

Priddis will be solid if unspectacular. He'll consistently get you good scores but never set the world completley alight. Mackie is very up and down. Occasionally he's asked to play lockdown roles and his scores suffer. Monfires generally looks like he's going to be scoring well until you look down and he's only on 70. No idea with Wright. If he's left to his own devices then he'll be one of the pick-ups of the season. If he's tagging again then be prepared to trade him out.

Caddy should be ready to breakout this year and with a few injuries to players who run through the mids for Geelong, I would expect (well, probably hoping) to see his average improve by 25-30.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be surprised if after rd 1 you're score is equal to about 50,000 others :)

That's just because it's a good team, all will be popular picks.

Hampson is the obvious 'flaw', but I agree it's kind of hard to pick up 100k to upgrade him without really damaging the team elsewhere.

I have seen a lot worse teams, i doubt anywhere near 50k people will pick similar/same. And yeah it's really hard to squeeze out an extra 100k for one more upgrade without damaging another spot.

Still a chance for round 1 though

i'm shying away from injured types that wont have a game under their belt immediately before the opener.

also starting to think that i might roll into round 1 without Gaz jnr, given he's missed with a corked calf
can easily get him back in round 2 if he lights it up from the get go!

First squad

Def: Ibbotson, Snaw, Tuohy, Hodge (VC), T. Murphy, L. McDonland (Bews, Corr)
Mid: Beams, Hayes, Zahatakis, M. Murphy, Zorko, Ablett (C), Dal Santo, McGinnty (Ellis, Boston)
Ruck: West, Grimley (Renouf, Nalsmith)
Fwds: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Hawkins, Rioli, Liste (Kersten, Close)

Update on my squad

Def: Ibbotson, T. Murphy, L. McDonland, L. Hodge, Tuohy, Snaw Snaw (Bews, Corr)
Mid: Ablett (C), Beams, Hayes, Zorko, Zahatakis, M. Murphy, Dal Santo, McGinnty (Ellis, Boston)
Ruck: West, Grimley (Lobb, Nalsmith)
Fwds: Dangerfield (VC), Martin, Chapman, Hawkins, Rioli, Liste (Kersten, Close)

Hopefully this can help others but this is my round 1 team.

Round+1+team.JPG
I think you have too many Hawks players. I don't trust Pavlich either. He won't play 16 + games this year. Getting older and more injury prone. I would also trade Cox for a cheaper ruckman to save some money and spend it in your backline.

I've made a few adjustments to my side, so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you everyone

Attachments

• dreamteam2.PNG
    dreamteam2.PNG
    97.2 KB · Views: 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Rate my 2014 AFL Fantasy team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back