s blease, r bastinac

Rucks
Tippett, Naitanui
Lobbe, T West

Forwards
Goodes, Buddy, N Riewolt, Giansiracusa, Higgins, B Warren, T Dennis-Lane,
L Tapscott, T Rockliff

$79K left over

Good backs.... Gillies is interesting choice... Why him???? Sam Fisher looks a bit overpriced IMO.

Nice mids. I'm not convinced on Gibbs and think Vince will find it a bit harder this year.

Rucks, I'm not alone in thinking NicNat is not the best selection.

good fwds though maybe save the selection of Goodes for an upgrade later... He's a pretty slow starter in SC terms and a bit of a mixed bag.

Keen to get thoughts/suggestions on my initial squad, cheers-

Backs
Goddard, enright, sam fisher, hodge, kennelly, tom gillies
h shepherd, markovic

Mids
Pendlebury, gibbs, j selwood, vince, j trengove, d martin
s blease, r bastinac

Rucks
Tippett, Naitanui
Lobbe, T West

Forwards
Goodes, Buddy, N Riewolt, Giansiracusa, Higgins, B Warren, T Dennis-Lane,
L Tapscott, T Rockliff

$79K left over

Besides only have 8 defenders listed on your team.

In my opinion I think the following... Backs Gillies not a definite starter either are your two emergencies, midfield is like most other teams ie. trengrove, selwood, martin etc.

I still think Nick Nat is a risk to be physically able to handle a full season of AFL football and play 22 games, your emergencies are doubtful starters.

Too many injury prone forwards IMHO gia, higgins and warren coming back from injuries. I like a couple of sleepers in monfries (possible move to midfield) and hawkins as a better option then Warren and Gia.

Advice on my updated team please:

Backs: Enright, Fisher, Hodge, MacDonald, Kennelly, Ladson, Waters (Maquire, P Davis)

Midfield: Ablett, Selwood, Watson, Vince, Trengove, Martin
(Shuey, Bastinac)

Rucks: Kreuzer, Naitanui
(Lobbe, Trengove)

Forwards: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Harvey, Giansiracusa, Waite, Medhurst, Burton
(Gumbleton, Dennis-Lane)

20k in the bank

fair back combination. Macdonald. Will he deliver in a worse team??? Maybe, maybe not.

Mids. I think you need to ditch either Vince or watson. They're both good SC players but they're not stars capable of delivering you really big scores like NDS, Pendles, Swan or Mitchell/Sewell can.

Rucks, NicNat... No.

Fwds. Think you need a rookie starting. I like Gia :thumbsu: but you have too many risky players all coming back from injury. Medhurst, Burton, waite. One of these guys will let you down in the long term. Keep one, rookie the other and then select another player altogether.

Good backs.... Gillies is interesting choice... Why him???? Sam Fisher looks a bit overpriced IMO.

Nice mids. I'm not convinced on Gibbs and think Vince will find it a bit harder this year.

Rucks, I'm not alone in thinking NicNat is not the best selection.

good fwds though maybe save the selection of Goodes for an upgrade later... He's a pretty slow starter in SC terms and a bit of a mixed bag.

thanks for the feedback, tossing up b/w gillies and schoenmakers for the 7th defender...just think with harley retired and milburn ageing, gillies will get more of a go, especially early in the year if hunt is not ready....

i'm sold on gibbs and will keep him, his last 6 games of 2009 were awesome...

Here's my line up
Backs
Enright, HShaw, fisher, Hodge, hunt, Sheppard, Talia,
Davis, maguire

Mids
Ablett, okeefe, cooney, burgoyne, martin, trengrove
(morabito, scully)

Rucks
Jolly, Naitanui
(charman, Lobbe)

Forwards
Goodes, Riewoldt, pavlich, Byrnes, Waite, Murphy, Dennis-lane
(Gumbleton, Podsiadly)

underlined are spots that will more than likely be changed, depending on the rest of the NAB

Like the backs... probably need another cheap player but your premiums look good.

Mids are intersting. I have ROK too but fwd. Like a bet do you?? So do I. Burgoyne is a gamble but he's hard to go past at $380k isn't he? Cooney looks likely to lift from his doldrums of last year.

Rucks, I'm avoiding NicNat.

Fwds, Nice. I think Goodes is an upgrade player later, but up to you. I'd pick one of Waite or Murphy and find someone else. i think one will break down ove rthe course of the season.

Hey guys thx for all the advice
Hargrave out in Doughty
Out sheppard In Waters
Montagna out M.Murphy In
Out M.Williams In Ziebell

Backs:Goddards,Enright,Adcock,Doughty,Waters,kennelly,Hunt(Davis,Maguire)
Mids:Abblett,M.Murphy,Vince,Cooney,Trengrove,Martin(Moribitt o, Bastinac)
Rucks:Sandi,Hille(Warnock,Cordy)
Forwards:Riewoldt,Gia,Tippet,Pav,Dangerfield,Ziebell,Gumbleton(Denis-lane,Lobbe)

Defenders: C.Engright, R.Shaw, L.Hodge, L.Gilbee, T.Kennelly, R.Ladson, B.Sheppard, M.Maguire, S.White

Midfielders: D.Swan, S.Mitchell, B.Vince, D.Mackay, J.Trengrove, D.Martin, A.Morabito, L.Shuey

Rucks: K.Tippett, N.Naitanui, W.Skipper, M.Lobbe

Forwards: N.Riewoldt, M.Pavlich, B.Harvey, B.Fevola, C.Rioli, P.Dangerfield, J.Ziebell, T.Rockliff, D.Gourdis

Bit of experimenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back