Rate my SuperCoach team 2012 (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Clay Smith will be an almost certain round one
debutant due to Macca's love affair with him.

I believe this is the best starting team I have seen:

B: Goddard (Mid), Scotland (Mid), Delidio (mid), Broughton, Lake, Clarke, Mohr (Smedts (Fwd), Bugg)
C: Ablett, Dal Santo, Boyd, Mitchell, Doherty (def), Neale (J Mac, Couch(fwd))
R: Cox, Giles, Stephenson, Pattinson (fwd)
F: Franklin, Fyfe (mid) , Stevie J, Dustin, Martin (mid), Hampton (mid), Pfeiffer (mid), Treloar (Weedon, Hall)

As Nirvana sang...Load up on Mids and bring your friends.....

At a quick glance it looks pretty reasonable. Obviously you rookies will change depending on NAB and likely r1 starts.

Agree Barlow & Hayes are gambles but if everyone had the same teams with little to no risk then it wouldn't be such a great comp eh.

Rucks are also a little outside of the norm but could reward?

The free cash could assist your light fwd line though:thumbsu:

Question I have though is how are you going to handle the byes? for instance I see 10 blokes in squad (not including rookies) that will be missing in r13. I thought I was getting close to my squad yesty until I assessed the bye rounds.....

Didnt even think about the bye. Thanks fo you help! :thumbsu:

I believe this is the best starting team I have seen:

B: Goddard (Mid), Scotland (Mid), Delidio (mid), Broughton, Lake, Clarke, Mohr (Smedts (Fwd), Bugg)
C: Ablett, Dal Santo, Boyd, Mitchell, Doherty (def), Neale (J Mac, Couch(fwd))
R: Cox, Giles, Stephenson, Pattinson (fwd)
F: Franklin, Fyfe (mid) , Stevie J, Dustin, Martin (mid), Hampton (mid), Pfeiffer (mid), Treloar (Weedon, Hall)

As Nirvana sang...Load up on Mids and bring your friends.....

Looking good. I am also leaning towards the 1/3 Premium/rookie ruck combo to beef up other areas. You could probably find a better rookie than Pfeiffer. He has had is chances and may struggle to get a game. Neale looks like he may get a few games until Mundy, Morabito get back to full fitness then I reckon he may get the red vest. Also may Hargrave is better risk than Lake. Other than that it looks great.

Here is mine so far: Please comment.

Still undecided on which way to go. Leaning towards the 1 premium/3 rookie combo in ruck but unsure.

B: Goddard, Shaw, Birchall, Deledio, Hargrave, Clark, Morris (Smedts, Darley)
M: Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Fyfe, Gibson, Magner (Kerridge, Zorko)
R: Mumford, Giles (Stevenson, Redden)
F: Franklin, Pavlich, Martin, Sidebottom, Zaharakis, Hampton, Hall (McIntyre, Couch)

Cheers

Hey guys, rate my team please :thumbsu:

Backs: S.Fisher, Enright, Yarran, Heppell, Malceski, Hargrave, Bugg
Bench: Mohr & B.Ellis

Mids: Ablett, Boyd, Mitchell, Bra.Ebert, Masten, Coniglio
Bench: J.McDonald & D.Shiel

Rucks:
Sandilands & Giles
Bench: Stephenson & S.Rowe

Forwards: Franklin, Fyfe, Goodes, D.Martin, Bate, Saad, J.Cameron
Bench: A.Hall & Zorko

Looking good. I am also leaning towards the 1/3 Premium/rookie ruck combo to beef up other areas. You could probably find a better rookie than Pfeiffer. He has had is chances and may struggle to get a game. Neale looks like he may get a few games until Mundy, Morabito get back to full fitness then I reckon he may get the red vest. Also may Hargrave is better risk than Lake. Other than that it looks great.

Here is mine so far: Please comment.

Still undecided on which way to go. Leaning towards the 1 premium/3 rookie combo in ruck but unsure.

B: Goddard, Shaw, Birchall, Deledio, Hargrave, Clark, Morris (Smedts, Darley)
M: Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Fyfe, Gibson, Magner (Kerridge, Zorko)
R: Mumford, Giles (Stevenson, Redden)
F: Franklin, Pavlich, Martin, Sidebottom, Zaharakis, Hampton, Hall (McIntyre, Couch)

Cheers

Like that backline..... a lot... :thumbsu:

Mids are ggod but why Fyfe as a mid?

Not a fan of the 3 rookie ruck. But that's me.

Pav is a big call. I think his best days a SC star are behind him.

Hey guys, rate my team please :thumbsu:

Backs: S.Fisher, Enright, Yarran, Heppell, Malceski, Hargrave, Bugg

Mids: Ablett, Boyd, Mitchell, Bra.Ebert, Masten, Coniglio

Rucks:
Sandilands & Giles

now there's a speculative team!! No Goddard in the backline but you take Mitchell in the mid field and Fyfe in the fwds? For mine, Goddard is more likely to score more and more consistent. He's teh first guy picked. IMO.

Your 2 premium backs are a bit of a risk and Yarran, Heppell & Malceski are even worse. All capable of scoring but will Yarran & Heppelll be able to continue on from last year and punch out bigger scores? I don't think so.

3 premium mids are OK if that's who you want but Masten & Ebert look like a disaster waiting to happen.

Fwds ok but hard to see anything redeeming in teh Bate selection.

been at it all day, and im sure it is subject to change many times within the next 23 days!! so far ive come up with this.

def: deledio. enright. birchall. lake. buntine. clarke. smedts. (morris. newell)
mids: GAJ. S.Mitchell. Selwood. Shuey. Wingard. Clifton. (Magner. Gibson)
Rucks: Goldstein. Berger. (Giles. Stephensen)
Fwd: Franklin. Chappy. D.Martin. T.Cloke. Ballantyne. Saad. JCameron (Hampton. Weedon)

Any advise would be great!

anyone? would be great to get some feedback!

anyone? would be great to get some feedback!

Might want to reconsider Buntine, hasn’t been seen much over the preseason, not sure what’s going on, but for his price you would really want to have seen him play.

Both Magner and Gibson are rookie listed at the moment if my memory serves me correct so just keep an eye on them to make sure they get promoted before the season proper. I also think there are better options than Mitchell. His scores will not rise again, and to be honest I think he over achieved, with his average last year. Better options at that price in my opinion.

Shuey could be a good pick up, but given you really want to finish the season with 6 of the top 10 mids in your team, it might be worth while moving Shuey on. He will not improve enough this year to be a midfield keeper. Save the cash and upgrade someone elsewhere. Maybe Enright to Goddard or Scotland or Balla to Roo. Choice is yours. :rolleyes:

Would reconsider Goldstein, can’t see him maintaining his scores from last year given his scores come predominately from rucking. Given he will be sharing the role with HMac, and he isn’t mobile enough to be a link player like Cox, his scores will surely drop.

Ballantyne will not play that much in the midfield to spite what the papers have said, maybe a pinch hitting role but that’s all. He will still play the better part of each game as a small forward where scoring is going to be tough. Better options at that price. Upgrade or downgrade depending on funds.

BACK
Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Birchall, Hargrave, M.Clarke, B.Ellis, Smedts, T Bugg

MID
Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Thomas, Mcdonald, Kavanagh, S. Gibson, Pfeiffer

RUCK
Mumford, Giles, Stephensen, Witts

FWD
Franklin, Pavlich, Chapman, D. Martin, Winderlich, Tomlinson, Saad, Rowe, Treloar

Hey guys please rate my team. I've gone for a 4 premium and 2/3 rookie stratergy with only a couple of mid prices being winderlich and hargrave. I am also considering trading winderlich for butcher as i think he is going to have a breakout year.

Sorry 3rd crack at it... struggling a bit!! :confused:

B: Goddard, Birchall, Broughton, D. Grimes, Howard, M Clarke, Ellis.
Bugg, Wilkes.
M: Ablett, Cotchin, Murphy, Selwood, Ledger, Wingard.
Magner, Kerridge.
R: McEvoy, Mumford.
Giles, Stephenson.
F: Franklin, Martin, Beams, J. Riewoldt, Siposs, Motlop, Saad.
Pfeiffer , Skinner.

Birchall Vs Suckling?
Pfeiffer?? (dpp handy with kerridge tho)
Any rookies I should look at?

Please rate my team guys, main uncertainties are Buntine (not really sighted yet) & Rooey (hoping his over his woes, i guess we'll know more this weekend)

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Buntine, M.Clarke, Docherty B.Ellis
Bench: Smedts, L.Brown

Mids: Pendles, Ablett, Murphy, Dangerfield, Coniglio, McDonald
Bench: T Mitchell, Magner

Rucks: Mumford, Jacobs
Bench: Giles, Stephenson

Forwards: Franklin, Pavlich, Martin, Riewoldt, Saad, Kerridge, Rowe
Bench: T Walsh & Zorko

Thanks guys appreciate your feedback, and best of luck for 2012!!

Please rate my team guys, main uncertainties are Buntine (not really sighted yet) & Rooey (hoping his over his woes, i guess we'll know more this weekend)

I'm pretty sure Zorko is injured as well as concerns on mitchell and rowe. maybe steer clear and keep them in mind for down grade options later on. unsure whether smedts will get many games early on. looks like a vest candidate. The rest is pretty good!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate you have as much a chance as any with that side. There is no "magic team" to select and you seem to have a reasonable balance in each line and if you are happy to take a risk with blokes like Danger, Riewoldt, Buntine etc then it's what the GAME is all about. Just watch as much NAB cup as you can read about your selections and make decisions based on that.

Just remember picking your starting team is just one step in a long supercoach season :thumbsu:

HERES MY TEAM LET ME KNOW WHAT YA THINK
DEFENDERS:goddard scotland deledio heath shaw lake tomlinson spur mohr townsend

MIDFIELDERS: ablet mitchell fyfe shuey mcdonald magner neale couch

RUCKS: MUMFORD MCintosh giles stephenson

FORWARDS: PAVLICH O'KEEFE D MARTIN ZAHARAKIS M BATE A SAAD A HALL B SMEDTS A HALL

and still chopping and changing might still use kreuser or z smith instead of mcintosh... any suggestions or thoughts are welcome!!!

Please rate guys. This is about 4-5th attempt.

B: Goddard Deledio H.Shaw Birchall Hargrave Clarke B.Ellis (Smedts Tomlinson)

M: Ablett Boyd Thomas Zaharakis Treloar McDonald (_____ Magner)

R: Jacobs Kreuzer (Giles Stephenson)

F: Buddy Goodes Cloke Martin Porplyzia Walsh D.Smith (Saad Crozier)

Just had to get rid of Dylan Buckley cos he's out for 10 weeks.
So yeah, thoughts would be appreciated.

Might want to reconsider Buntine, hasn’t been seen much over the preseason, not sure what’s going on, but for his price you would really want to have seen him play.

Both Magner and Gibson are rookie listed at the moment if my memory serves me correct so just keep an eye on them to make sure they get promoted before the season proper. I also think there are better options than Mitchell. His scores will not rise again, and to be honest I think he over achieved, with his average last year. Better options at that price in my opinion.

Shuey could be a good pick up, but given you really want to finish the season with 6 of the top 10 mids in your team, it might be worth while moving Shuey on. He will not improve enough this year to be a midfield keeper. Save the cash and upgrade someone elsewhere. Maybe Enright to Goddard or Scotland or Balla to Roo. Choice is yours. :rolleyes:

Would reconsider Goldstein, can’t see him maintaining his scores from last year given his scores come predominately from rucking. Given he will be sharing the role with HMac, and he isn’t mobile enough to be a link player like Cox, his scores will surely drop.

Ballantyne will not play that much in the midfield to spite what the papers have said, maybe a pinch hitting role but that’s all. He will still play the better part of each game as a small forward where scoring is going to be tough. Better options at that price. Upgrade or downgrade depending on funds.

great perspective. much appreciated!!

Please rate guys. This is about 4-5th attempt.

B: Goddard Deledio H.Shaw Birchall Hargrave Clarke B.Ellis (Smedts Tomlinson)

M: Ablett Boyd Thomas Zaharakis Treloar McDonald (_____ Magner)

R: Jacobs Kreuzer (Giles Stephenson)

F: Buddy Goodes Cloke Martin Porplyzia Walsh D.Smith (Saad Crozier)

Just had to get rid of Dylan Buckley cos he's out for 10 weeks.
So yeah, thoughts would be appreciated.

I'd give it a 7/10. Backline looks solid, so long as they all get named round one they look like good picks.
Mids are good. Thomas is unique-ish as a keeper, but if you see him improving then go for it. I suppose you're moving Zaharakis into the forwards at a later point in the season. A lot of posters say not to put a MID/FWD in the mids, but it's fine so long as you don't keep them there all season. I'd put Shiel on the bench alongside Magner. I don't know why you had Buckley when Shiel's a better option.
Rucks are pretty good, esp. for the bye rounds.
Forwards are alright, except I think Cloke is inconsistent when compared to other forwards. He could be picked up cheaply at some point in the season. I don't like Porps myself because of his injury history, but there's no doubt that he's good value at that price so long as he's playing. Tommy Walsh is one I would discard unless he finds some form in the remaining NAB Cup games. I would think about getting Aaron Hall instead.

Hey guys, changed my team around a little bit. Thoughts?

Backs: S.Fisher, Enright, Yarran, Scotland, M.Clarke, Hargrave, Bugg

Mids: Ablett, Boyd, Bartel, Goddard, Lucas, Coniglio

Rucks:
Sandilands & Giles

Hey guys, changed my team around a little bit. Thoughts?

Backs: S.Fisher, Enright, Yarran, Scotland, M.Clarke, Hargrave, Bugg

Mids: Ablett, Boyd, Bartel, Goddard, Lucas, Coniglio

Rucks: Sandilands & Giles

It's alright..

Dont mind the backs, few of those guys (you have picked seemed to have been forgotten about, RE: Scotland, Enright).

I'm personally not getting sucked into the Hargreave bandwagon, depends what you want him for. Had one good year (2009: Ave. 96) but has failed to reach anywhere near those lofty standards, and at 30 something, dont think he is going to improve, perhaps look for a better upcoming option, perhaps with a little left in the bank go for a Suban (Ave 90+ last year before injury) or maybe a Taylor Hunt (I am thinking he is a good option through the whole Geelong link), otherwise, on the cheaper side of things you have Christian Howard who seems to be groomed for a more midfield Lindsay Gilbee type role, or even from my team Courtenay Dempsey who can produce some big numbers. Really depends on what you are looking for really? a 'keeper' (player who will play 15 + games average 85+) or a 'cash cow' (and play a handful and get you a quick $75,000)..

Really like your starting mids, although be wary on young Dylan Shiel, reportedly seen with a moon boot so might be a little behind in pre season even if he is to start round 1 whilst James McDonald seems to be this years Daniel Harris, likely to play 15 games but may average 70's, it really is up to you which way you go with your rookies, thats the beauty of this year, there is heaps to choose from.

Your forwards though, could use a bit of work, perhaps look at dispensing of Bate (awkwardly priced, needs to average 70's to go up in price, but really, not looking likely of being a keeper), Cameron (i am looking to stear clear of most of the GWS guys because I genuinely feel they will be right under the pressure and will struggle more than what GCS did last year) & Zorko (he has been relatively unsighted this pre season, definitely one to consider when he comes back in though).

Hope this helps, left your rucks alone because they seem to be alright, obviously going down a different path with 1 gun/3 rookies aproach, it may work, Giles/Stephenson could become very valuable comodoties.

Hope this helps buddy, good luck with the re - jig :thumbsu:

Would love to hear some feedback on my team, thanks guys

Brendon Goddard, Shannon Hurn, Shaun Burgoyne, Paul Duffield, Nic Suban, Tim Mohr, Thomas Buggm BILLIE SMEDTS, MARK BAGULEY

Marc Murphy, Matthew Boyd, David Zaharakis, Jack Trengove, Koby Stevens, Luke Brown, ADAM TRELOAR, SAM GIBSON

Dean Cox, Ben McEvoy, JOHNATHAN GILES, ORREN STEPHENSON

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Travis Cloke, Andrew Walker, Patrick Dangerfield, Jack Gunston, Aaron Hall, SAM KERRIDGE, COREY DELL'OLIO

Thinking the forwards have alot of potential, but it could go either way, whilst the backs look a little thin, every time I re jog the forwards, I always end up with 5 - 6 rookie forwards, there is just a hell of a lot of them that look like playing 15 + games for the year (Tommy Walsh, Tory Dickson, Darren Pfeiffer, Ahmed Saad).

HERES MY TEAM LET ME KNOW WHAT YA THINK
DEFENDERS:goddard scotland deledio heath shaw lake tomlinson spur mohr townsend

MIDFIELDERS: ablet mitchell fyfe shuey mcdonald magner neale couch

RUCKS: MUMFORD MCintosh giles stephenson

FORWARDS: PAVLICH O'KEEFE D MARTIN ZAHARAKIS M BATE A SAAD A HALL B SMEDTS A HALL

and still chopping and changing might still use kreuser or z smith instead of mcintosh... any suggestions or thoughts are welcome!!!

Don't like the font tbh!

It
Would love to hear some feedback on my team, thanks guys

Brendon Goddard, Shannon Hurn, Shaun Burgoyne, Paul Duffield, Nic Suban, Tim Mohr, Thomas Buggm BILLIE SMEDTS, MARK BAGULEY

Marc Murphy, Matthew Boyd, David Zaharakis, Jack Trengove, Koby Stevens, Luke Brown, ADAM TRELOAR, SAM GIBSON

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Travis Cloke, Andrew Walker, Patrick Dangerfield, Jack Gunston, Aaron Hall, SAM KERRIDGE, COREY DELL'OLIO

Out of your backline, you have 1 player who you should have by the end of the year if you're going to be any chance of winning the 50k, get some more genuine "premiums".

Trengove is too awkwardly priced and if you keep him all year, you'll be behind the 8-ball against teams that have someone like Priddis as their 6th mid.

Rucks are good, obviously as you've splashed out there. But no reason why Cox can't maintain his average from last year. Everyone says Naitanui this, Lycett that rah rah rah, but it doesn't matter because Cox's difference is hit ability to accumulate possessions around the ground.

Dangerfield is an overrated player, and can't see him averaging over 90. What is your rationale behind Gunston? IMO you're better off getting a rookie who will probably average more anyway...

I'm pretty sure Zorko is injured as well as concerns on mitchell and rowe. maybe steer clear and keep them in mind for down grade options later on. unsure whether smedts will get many games early on. looks like a vest candidate. The rest is pretty good!
What are the concerns with Rowe? Seems he will play?
Cheers:thumbsu:
Mate you have as much a chance as any with that side. There is no "magic team" to select and you seem to have a reasonable balance in each line and if you are happy to take a risk with blokes like Danger, Riewoldt, Buntine etc then it's what the GAME is all about. Just watch as much NAB cup as you can read about your selections and make decisions based on that.
I don't think we will see buntine the entire NAB. Will be someone to trade in later. Has leg issues IIRC.

just on Kerridge, seems a likely starter but a bit slight I'm told. Not sure how durable he will be when the shiz gets real.
Just a thought.

Like that backline..... a lot... :thumbsu:

Mids are ggod but why Fyfe as a mid?

Not a fan of the 3 rookie ruck. But that's me.

Pav is a big call. I think his best days a SC star are behind him.

Thanks mate for the feedback.
Only reason I threw Fyfe in mids was to assist with mpp if I cannot find a good rookie mpp to put in there.
3 rook ruck still worries me but it just makes my team look alot more stable in the defensive and forward lines. Also I think there is some decent value in the rucks this year so an upgrade late could be a good target.
Pav? Who knows

Out of your backline, you have 1 player who you should have by the end of the year if you're going to be any chance of winning the 50k, get some more genuine "premiums".

Trengove is too awkwardly priced and if you keep him all year, you'll be behind the 8-ball against teams that have someone like Priddis as their 6th mid.

Rucks are good, obviously as you've splashed out there. But no reason why Cox can't maintain his average from last year. Everyone says Naitanui this, Lycett that rah rah rah, but it doesn't matter because Cox's difference is hit ability to accumulate possessions around the ground.

Dangerfield is an overrated player, and can't see him averaging over 90. What is your rationale behind Gunston? IMO you're better off getting a rookie who will probably average more anyway...

For a few of those guys mentioned:

Jack Trengove: Now Melbourne captain, will hopefully see his already upward spiral go further this year, has produced big numbers (10 from his 37 games to date) whilst his worst (5 scores below 50 from 37 games) is exceptional from a 20 y.o. As mentioned, he has continued to grow (ave. 78 in 2010 > 87 in 2011) and should only better that this year. He is a proven consistent player and has hardly missed any games (37 from a possible 44).

David Zaharakis (same boat as Jack Trengove so thought I'd throw him in here). Dual Position Player who is now Essendon's reigning B&F winner, he is another that should continue to improve on his already improving average (ave. 57 in '09, 69 in '10 and 91 in 2011), he is a class player and is proved he can score well (100+ in 10 of 23 games last year), whilst his worst (2 of 23 in 2011) is basivally non existant. Coming into his 4th year, he is now an established player of our midfield, and is a proven goal kicker (31), whilst his durability for such a young player is perfect for SuperCoach (23/23 in 2011, 20/22 in 2010, 10/23 in 2009 [debut season]). I think he could certainly make his mark and become almost Essendons most valuable midfielder, surpassing Jobe. Heard someone on here suggest he may have knee problems, he had them for the second half of last year and that didnt stop him from bringing out the big numbers.

Patrick Dangerfield: We should call him 'the hype' because every year is happens ey? I am going to be sucked in this year, as I think the penny has finally dropped for Paddy if reports are anything to go by. I agree, he is awkwardly priced, but he could certainly break out and become a top 20 forward in SuperCoach, add to that his DPP and we have a handy player. (although, after re jigging my team, decided to go with Ben McGlynn)..

Garghh.. Why do we even bother picking teams this far out from the season anyways, it changes 50,000,000 times :eek::rolleyes::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back