Rate my SuperCoach team 2012 (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 1st attempt for 2012.....Please be nice

BACKS
Goddard , H Shaw, Deledio, Hurn , Howard, Clarke, B Ellis E- Bugg , Wilkes

MIDFIELDERS
Ablett , Swan , Selwood , Hodge , Coniglio , K Stevens , E- Wingard , J.McDonald

RUCKS
Cox , Giles E- Rowe , Stephensen

FORWARDS
Franklin , Martin , Zaharakis , Sidebottom, T.Hawkins, D Smith, Smedts, E - Treloar, Kerridge

Bit unsure on Howard & M.Clarke (Coll) in backline
Bit reluctant to have 2 GWS onballers but McDonald should be a cash cow
Think Tom Hawkins is gonna have a big year....Showed great signs late last season

Any suggestions?

Life seems to have gotten in the way of my prep for SC this year...i know, i need to take a long hard look in the mirror and reasess my priorities!!

Anyway, i have kinda thrown together this team, but think it needs a fair bit of work...any suggestions would be warmly welcomed!!

DEFENDERS
BROUGHTON, Greg(FRE) - Good. Watch role but the pre-season points to good things
BROWN, Nathan J.(COL) - Ditch. Back of injury this year and won't be a good scorer and may even be in and out of team. Cheap but deservingly so!
DARLEY, Sam(GWS) - Good. Like the look of this kid
ELLIS, Brandon(RIC) - Seems a good pick. My worry is in and out of team with Morris but Tiges usually like to get games into high draft picks.
ENRIGHT, Corey(GEE) - Getting on a bit but may be a POD. No signs of Geelong slowing down and usually a safe bet. Better option IMO out there though.
MORRIS, Steven(RIC) - Would hazard a guess that both him and Morris may not play in same team.
SHAW, Heath(COL) - Great pre-season. Will score well until his brain fart mid year making us all wonder why we got sucked in again and swear never again. Good pick
SPURR, Lee(FRE) - Watch to see if there's space for him rnd 1. Can play but needs to be elevated of rookie list IIRC.
TOMLINSON, Adam [FWD](GWS) - Havent seen much of him tbh. Pretty pricey I think for someone who hasnt shown much.
MIDFIELDERS
BARTEL, Jimmy(GEE) - Don't get sucked in by his game last week. Still has a lot of talent to come in alongside him and may find himself shifted around the ground to as a stop gap.
CLIFTON, Stephen(GWS) - Good, nothing more to say
GIBSON, Sam(NTH) - If elevated of rookie list, good.
HOGAN, Simon(GEE) - Seems to be travelling well but disposal is iffy.
MURPHY, Marc(CAR) - Gun
NEALE, Lachie(FRE) - Good pick, looks ready made
PENDLEBURY, Scott(COL) - Best SC but could be overpriced a little. Don't think there will be too much between him and Gaz so you may want to save some coin here
REDDEN, Jack(BRL) - Looking likely to follow on from 2011.
FORWARDS
CLOKE, Travis(COL) - Contested marking machine. Not sure if he'll make that next step but shouldnt lose money.
DANGERFIELD, Patrick [MID](ADE) - Could be ready to explode or may just flounder where he is again for another year. Who knows but the way he plays he may end up in intensive care by season end
FRANKLIN, Lance(HAW) - Expensive but should be #1 forward again
FYFE, Nathan [MID](FRE) - No signs of him slowing down
KERRIDGE, Sam [MID](ADE) - Good pick if selected round 1
MARTIN, Dustin [MID](RIC) - Everyone has him so that must mean something
PATTON, Jonathon(GWS) - Check the papers mate or just ask the question on the GWS team page if he's a good selection this year.
SMITH, Devon [MID](GWS) - Like, nothing to add
SYLVIA, Colin [MID](MEL) - Never ****EN again....Cost me a car last year the ********.
Rucks
DAW, Majak(NTH) - C'mon, look elsewhere
KREUZER, Matthew(CAR) - If you like Carlton ruckman
MCINTOSH, Hamish(NTH) - Playing well pre season, wouldnt expect pre season scores though, Goldy will get more game time season propper
REDDEN, Jarrad(PTA) - Could only play a handful of games with Renouf and Lobbe in front of him I imagine

Gee, Thrown together a team......Why didn't you just hit Auto Team :confused:

Alot of work to be done here and I'll make comment above, but man.....You gotta get your priorities right for 2012!

Gee, Thrown together a team......Why didn't you just hit Auto Team :confused:

Alot of work to be done here and I'll make comment above, but man.....You gotta get your priorities right for 2012!

Kudos for going to the effort of critiquing that team :thumbsu:

BACKS - Goddard, Scotland, Shaw, Bock, Broughton, Guthrie, Ellis (Webberley - Darley)

Mids - Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Thompson, Magner, Gibson (Couch, Kavanagh)

Rucks - Giles, Redden (Witts, Stephensen)

Forwards - Franklin, Goodes, Pavlich, Martin, Dangerfield, Smith, Kerridge, (Pfeiffer, Rowe)
-All subject to change depending on NAB cup etc, Witts will probably get changed for Pyke from Sydney maybe, leaving my salary cap on $0

Hey guys, my mate wont stop going on about how his team is better than mine, i would really appreciate it if you anyone could look at these 2 teams and tell me which one is better:

Mates team :
Goddard, Broughton, Suckling, Hurn, Conca, Hargrave, ellis,( smedts, bugg)
Ablett, lids, thomas, hodge, coniglio, wingard, (clay smith, treloar)
Kreuzer, mcintosh, (giles, Stephenson)
Franklin, beams, martin, cloke, porpez, Tomlinson, devon smith, (Pfeiffer, walsh)

My team:
Scotland, Lids, Shaw, J grimes, Hargrave, Tomlinson, ellis (smects, bugg)
Ablett, boyd, goddard, lewis, hoskin elliot, wingard (kavanagh, t mitchell)
Naitanui, Mcintosh (giles, Stephenson)
Fyfe, CHapman, Martin, Petrie, Clark, d Smith, Pfeiffer (kerridge, A hall)

Would LOVE to hear your thoughts on whose is better :)

RMT
DEF:Goddard, Lids, Broughton, Burgoyne, Hargrave, Clarke, Morrris (Spurr, Brown)
MID:Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Wingard, Stevens, Clifton (Gibson, Magner)
RUCK:McEvoy, H-Mac (Giles, Redden)
FWD:Franklin, Fyfe, Chappy, Martin, Cloke, Porps, Pfiefer (Smith, Hampton)

Also anyone interested in joining a league I have a few spots left - code is 539818

I have noticed that only 2% of people are actually giving reviews on teams while the other 98% are just posting their teams without giving some feedback.
I'm more than happy to review heaps of teams, I don't want mine reviewed. Gives away various information to everyone on this forum and hampers your chance of winning tbh.

Hey guys, my mate wont stop going on about how his team is better than mine, i would really appreciate it if you anyone could look at these 2 teams and tell me which one is better:

Mates team :
Franklin, beams, martin, cloke, porpez, Tomlinson, devon smith, (Pfeiffer, walsh)

My team:

Every player bolded should either be scrapped, or in their proper position (e.g. Goddard/Deledio).

Both teams are uber high-risk with a number of players just fringe premiums who could easily be a flop.

Don't know whos team is better, but you'll both finished around 200,000.

Also not sure what is everyone's fascination with Hamish McIntosh, he's 2nd in line at North.

RMT
DEF:Goddard, Lids, Broughton, Burgoyne, Hargrave, Clarke, Morrris (Spurr, Brown)
MID:Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Wingard, Stevens, Clifton (Gibson, Magner)
RUCK:McEvoy, H-Mac (Giles, Redden)
FWD:Franklin, Fyfe, Chappy, Martin, Cloke, Porps, Pfiefer (Smith, Hampton)

Also anyone interested in joining a league I have a few spots left - code is 539818
I'm personally not convinced on H-Mac. With Goldy and Petire able to ruck, not sure he will get enough ball to increase price to a huge extent. a risk which if it works could land you some coin. I prefer the lock it and leave it approach. I think Martin in FWDs might lose some value in first few rounds, so with 5 relative premos in FWD's maybe could downgrade him and upgrade H-Mac??? Def would watch and see.

I'm personally cautious on Broughton. if he gets some time in the middle, he'll probably do well, but new coach and the likes of Barlow back with a pre-season under his belt, I'm not so sure.

I'm also going with 3 premiums in MID. Think there's some value in the rookies this year. Swan is reliable, but seems a little pricey for me.

Otherwise I like the structure of your team. Good luck!!!

I have noticed that only 2% of people are actually giving reviews on teams while the other 98% are just posting their teams without giving some feedback.

My personal rule, and I think it should be everyone's, is if you're posting a team comment on the previous team posted first.

Been revising mine a bit. Made a few changes.

BACKS
Goddard, B $584,700
Shaw, H $546,700
Broughton, G $502,100
Hurn, S $446,000
Lake, B $286,900
Ellis, B $126,600
Bugg, T $113,200
-----------------------
Wilkes, B $106,600
Baguley, M $94,700

MIDS
Ablett, G $689,000
Swan, D $661,100
Murphy, M $639,900
Moloney, B $538,200
Miles, A $113,200
McDonald, J $106,600
-------------------------
Magner, J $94,700
Gibson, S $94,700

RUCKS
Mumford, S $610,300
Ryder, P $492,600
--------------------------
Giles, J $126,700
Stephensen, O $106,600

FORWARDS
Franklin, L $600,600
Fyfe, N $585,700
Martin, D $536,200
Zaharakis, D $494,100
Porplyzia, J $229,600
Zorko, D $113,200
Smedts, B $113,200
------------------------------
Smith, D $131,600
Treloar, A $113,200

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mates team :

My team:

Close call and sorry to say but for me your mate sneaks through by a nose...

FWIW...

Backs: Your mate
Mids: You
Ruck: You
Forwards: Your mate

BACKS
Goddard, B $584,700
Shaw, H $546,700
Broughton, G $502,100
Hurn, S $446,000
Lake, B $286,900
Ellis, B $126,600
Bugg, T $113,200
-----------------------
Wilkes, B $106,600
Baguley, M $94,700

MIDS
Ablett, G $689,000
Swan, D $661,100
Murphy, M $639,900
Moloney, B $538,200
Miles, A $113,200
McDonald, J $106,600
Magner, J $94,700
Gibson, S $94,700

RUCKS
Mumford, S $610,300
Ryder, P $492,600
Giles, J $126,700
Stephensen, O $106,600

FORWARDS
Franklin, L $600,600
Fyfe, N $585,700
Martin, D $536,200
Zaharakis, D $494,100
Porplyzia, J $229,600
Zorko, D $113,200
Smedts, B $113,200
Smith, D $131,600
Treloar, A $113,200

Good strong team really like it. Hurn and Moloney could be a great POD will be interesting to see. The only one i really don't like is Ryder in the ruck think there is better value elsewhere.

Please rate my team

B. goddard h.shaw birchall broughton hargrave eliis s.shaw (darley yagmoor)

C. ablett swan murphy neale mitchell magner (mcdoald gibson)

R. mumford kreuzer (giles redden)

F. franklin fyfe martin sylvia zakarakis porplyzia d.smith (smeldts newton)

Here's a team for you lot to ponder over... Something a little different then I'm use to doing!

Backs: Goddard, Shaw, Broughton, Hargrave, Lake, Ellis, Mohr (Morris, Smedts)

Mids: Pendles, Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Devon Smith, McDonald (Magner, Brown)

Rucks: Mumford, Hamish (Giles, Big O)

Forwards: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Leigh Adams, Hawkins, Treloar, Walsh (Kerridge, Sexton)

Rookies are just filling up space at the moment.

Players people will most likely question is Hawkins and Adams - In their last 9 games last year they averaged 93 and 100 respectively!

Going with Hamish, although a risk, he's a lot cheaper than others who also have question marks around them.

Expecting big things from Broughton again with Grant Thomas' style of play, Hargrave had a great start on Sunday and obviously Lake is a wait and see prospect.

Lastly I'm a big fan of having strong mids.... Clearly :D

Good strong team really like it. Hurn and Moloney could be a great POD will be interesting to see. The only one i really don't like is Ryder in the ruck think there is better value elsewhere.

Please rate my team

Solid team.

You obviously banking on quite a few players improving (Porps, Zaharakis, Krueze etc) which is a bit of risk but you wouldn't think any were a chance of scoring less than last year!

hahah thanks for your thoughts everyone, bit disappointed mines not better :p
about how you said keep players in their position ive got scotland and lids to swap with goddard in mid, i thought i would get some defenders that play mid in my back because they score better, same with tomlinson i put him in the back, because dont forwards usually do a bit better than backs, so it would be better for him in the backline?

If you would be glad to help, i would love to have some suggestions on who to trade out and who to get in etc? :D

BACKS
Goddard, B $584,700
Shaw, H $546,700
Broughton, G $502,100
Hurn, S $446,000
Lake, B $286,900
Ellis, B $126,600
Bugg, T $113,200
-----------------------
Wilkes, B $106,600
Baguley, M $94,700

MIDS
Ablett, G $689,000
Swan, D $661,100
Murphy, M $639,900
Moloney, B $538,200
Miles, A $113,200
McDonald, J $106,600
Magner, J $94,700
Gibson, S $94,700

RUCKS
Mumford, S $610,300
Ryder, P $492,600
Giles, J $126,700
Stephensen, O $106,600

FORWARDS
Franklin, L $600,600
Fyfe, N $585,700
Martin, D $536,200
Zaharakis, D $494,100
Porplyzia, J $229,600
Zorko, D $113,200
Smedts, B $113,200
Smith, D $131,600
Treloar, A $113,200

good team wouldnt change much but from what ive heard zorko is injured im pretty sure :)

hahah thanks for your thoughts everyone, bit disappointed mines not better :p
about how you said keep players in their position ive got scotland and lids to swap with goddard in mid, i thought i would get some defenders that play mid in my back because they score better, same with tomlinson i put him in the back, because dont forwards usually do a bit better than backs, so it would be better for him in the backline?

If you would be glad to help, i would love to have some suggestions on who to trade out and who to get in etc? :D
Sorry for judging and running without any constructive comment...

For me, I have been burnt with grimes and with a pre-season injury, I'm very wary. If he stays healthy, the extra responsibility in leadership might make him a pod, but together with another relative mid-pricer, seems a little risky strategy IMO.

As for forwards, Petrie and Clark a bit iffy for me. I lapped up Petrie last year, but think he might be a bit overpriced at this point. I just think there's a bit better options out there.

For recommendations on inclusions, it probably depends on how much cash on hand you have???

first team iv ever made...

backs: goddard deledio, h.shaw,enright, carrazzo,broughten, p.davis (bugg, darley)
mids: ablett, murphy, selwood,c.smith,d.smith,mcdonald(l.brown,magner)
rucks:leungburger, giles(redden,stephonsen)
fwds:franklin,chaplin,rioli,martin,pfieffer,saad,weedon(kerridge,a.hall)

feedback is welcome!

Hey guys, would appreciate any feedback, good or bad

B: H.Shaw C.Enright N.Bock B.Lake R.Hargrave
B Ellis J.Boumann S.Morris B.Wilkes

M. S.Pendlebury G.Ablett M.Murphy T.Rockliff S.Coniglio
D.Tyson C.Wingard J.Magner

R. D.Cox M.Kreuzer
J.Giles O.Stephensen

F: L.Franklin A.Goodes D.Martin M.Robinson B.Smedts
Devon Smith A.Treloar S.Kerridge A.Hall

??????????

Please rate my team

That's a good solid team.

I'd be wary of Sylivia though because he rarely plays all 22 games. He's a great scorer though, and the strategy of filling your forwards with midfielders is a winner. But he always seems to miss a few games.

But I don't see any obvious weaknesses. You'll play around with your rookies I'm assuming - like everyone else - depending on the round 1 selections.

Hey guys, would appreciate any feedback, good or bad

B: H.Shaw C.Enright N.Bock B.Lake R.Hargrave
B Ellis J.Boumann S.Morris B.Wilkes

M. S.Pendlebury G.Ablett M.Murphy T.Rockliff S.Coniglio
D.Tyson C.Wingard J.Magner

R. D.Cox M.Kreuzer
J.Giles O.Stephensen

F: L.Franklin A.Goodes D.Martin M.Robinson B.Smedts
Devon Smith A.Treloar S.Kerridge A.Hall

??????????

Your backline will make or break you.

You have 4 rookies, 2 Bulldogs coming back from injury and Enright who has been a gun, but is getting older and probably isn't going to increase his scoring.

But risks are what it's all about.

You're also banking on Mitch Robinson having a breakout year. Most seem to be picking Zaharakis or Sidebottom in that price range in the "breakout" stakes, but it could be a good point of difference for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back