Rate my SuperCoach team 2012 (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your backline will make or break you.

You have 4 rookies, 2 Bulldogs coming back from injury and Enright who has been a gun, but is getting older and probably isn't going to increase his scoring.

But risks are what it's all about.

You're also banking on Mitch Robinson having a breakout year. Most seem to be picking Zaharakis or Sidebottom in that price range in the "breakout" stakes, but it could be a good point of difference for you.

Cheers. My plan will no doubt change in the coming weeks but I believe you need to be prepared to take 1-2 risks. They may not pay off but if they do you're laughing

A lot of people are going for the Cox/Kreuzer ruck combo. Tell me I'm crazy if you like but with Nic Nat coming up, can Cox maintain his high scores this year? Plus I'm not sure Kreuzer can take the next step, and I'm a Carlton supporter!

Backs- Delidio, Shaw, Fisher, Grimes, Lake, Guthrie, Spurr
(Wilkes, Brown)
Mids- Ablett, Selwood, Martin, Wingard, K.Stevens, McDonald
(Mitchell, Magner)
Rucks- Cox, Kruzer
(Redden, Stevenson)
Forwards- Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Johnson, Dangerfield, Saad, Smedts
(Couch, McIntyre)

Got roughly $200k left

Mids are a bit weak, but I'm banking on having 3 as cash cows who will traded for keepers by round 10-13

A lot of people are going for the Cox/Kreuzer ruck combo. Tell me I'm crazy if you like but with Nic Nat coming up, can Cox maintain his high scores this year? Plus I'm not sure Kreuzer can take the next step, and I'm a Carlton supporter!
Everyone said the same thing though about Cox last year, and look what happened.

Backs- Delidio, Shaw, Fisher, Grimes, Lake, Guthrie, Spurr
(Wilkes, Brown)
Mids- Ablett, Selwood, Martin, Wingard, K.Stevens, McDonald
(Mitchell, Magner)
Rucks- Cox, Kruzer
(Redden, Stevenson)
Forwards- Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Johnson, Dangerfield, Saad, Smedts
(Couch, McIntyre)

Got roughly $200k left

Mids are a bit weak, but I'm banking on having 3 as cash cows who will traded for keepers by round 10-13

Bit of a rish having both grimes and lake in defence, if it works out then it will pay off well. Id upgrade one of Lake/Grimes to a premium if possible. But the overall look of the team is good.

Just tinkered with mine again, any feedback from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
defence: B.Goddard B.Delidio H.Shaw
G.Birchall G.Broughton B.Ellis
S.Darley (T.Bugg, B.Smedts)

midfield: G.Ablett D.Swann M.Murphy
J.Selwood J.McDonald J.Magner
(T.Ledger, S.Gibson)

rucks: H.McIntosh O.Stephenson
(J.Giles, S.Rowe)

forward: L.Franklin M.Pavlich D.Martin
D.Zaharakis N.Riewoldt D.Smith
T.Couch (G.Weedon, M.Lynch)

Backline

Shaw, Fisher, Grundy, Lake, Hargrave, Darley, Guthrie (Bugg, Boumann)

Mids

Pendlebury, Ablett, A. Swallow, Bartel, Wingard, Magner (T.Couch, Kavenagh)

Rucks

Kreuzer, Mcintosh (Giles, Redden)

Forwards

Franklin, Goodes, Cloke, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, Sam Reid, Liam Jones (Patton, T. Walsh)

Thoughts on this? Im a little worried about my backline and unsure about a couple of my mid rangers- Sam Reid and Liam Jones.
Cheers :)

Backline

Shaw, Fisher, Grundy, Lake, Hargrave, Darley, Guthrie (Bugg, Boumann)

Mids

Pendlebury, Ablett, A. Swallow, Bartel, Wingard, Magner (T.Couch, Kavenagh)

Rucks

Kreuzer, Mcintosh (Giles, Redden)

Forwards

Franklin, Goodes, Cloke, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, Sam Reid, Liam Jones (Patton, T. Walsh)

Thoughts on this? Im a little worried about my backline and unsure about a couple of my mid rangers- Sam Reid and Liam Jones.
Cheers :)
Not a bad team mate, but there are a stack of risks you've got in there.

Not sure about Heath Grundy, better of getting a genuine premium for 60k more, but you might have some inside info on him.

Lake IMO showed signs that he could be back, but nowhere near enough to warrant supercoach selection.

McIntosh is North's 2nd ruck, Goldstein will be chewing all his points up.

Sam Reid and Liam Jones will not be keepers, so why get them from the start?

Bit of a rish having both grimes and lake in defence, if it works out then it will pay off well. Id upgrade one of Lake/Grimes to a premium if possible. But the overall look of the team is good.

Just tinkered with mine again, any feedback from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
defence: B.Goddard B.Delidio H.Shaw
G.Birchall G.Broughton B.Ellis
S.Darley (T.Bugg, B.Smedts)

midfield: G.Ablett D.Swann M.Murphy
J.Selwood J.McDonald J.Magner
(T.Ledger, S.Gibson)

rucks: H.McIntosh O.Stephenson
(J.Giles, S.Rowe)

forward: L.Franklin M.Pavlich D.Martin
D.Zaharakis N.Riewoldt D.Smith
T.Couch (G.Weedon, M.Lynch)

I'm not sure about Pav, I ummed and ahhed over him but he may start to struggle this year I reckon. I have Lids too but am thinking of changing, the lack of a full pre season may be a problem.

You might be a bit light on in the ruck too, might want to consider Leuenberger, but your backs are pretty stacked though so you should be sweet.

My team if anyone can comment that's appreciated:

Backs: Goddard B, Shaw H, Newman C, Lake B, Clarke M, Docherty S, Ellis B; Smedts B, Bugg T

Mids: Ablett G, Priddis M, Selwood J, Deledio B, Coniglio S; Wingard C, Kerridge S, McDonald J

Rucks: Sandilands A, Leuenberger M; Giles J, Stephensen O

Fwds: Franklin L, O'Keefe R, Chapman P, Martin D, Dixon C, Smith D, Saad A; Dick B, Rowe S

Not a bad team mate, but there are a stack of risks you've got in there.

Not sure about Heath Grundy, better of getting a genuine premium for 60k more, but you might have some inside info on him.

Lake IMO showed signs that he could be back, but nowhere near enough to warrant supercoach selection.

McIntosh is North's 2nd ruck, Goldstein will be chewing all his points up.

Sam Reid and Liam Jones will not be keepers, so why get them from the start?

Yeah Mcintosh is risky but don't you reckon he will be played up forward? Spose the problem is you have petrie and maybe pederson in and out of the forward line so we may be a little top heavy if he plays up there as well.

Liam Jones is only 284k though. Thought he showed enough last year that he could be in for a pretty good year.. or should i trade him in later on if he goes well? Sam reid should go agree on that.

But yeh i am not the most experienced supercoach player, only my second go at it :)

I'm not sure about Pav, I ummed and ahhed over him but he may start to struggle this year I reckon. I have Lids too but am thinking of changing, the lack of a full pre season may be a problem.

You might be a bit light on in the ruck too, might want to consider Leuenberger, but your backs are pretty stacked though so you should be sweet.

My team if anyone can comment that's appreciated:

Backs: Goddard B, Shaw H, Newman C, Lake B, Clarke M, Docherty S, Ellis B; Smedts B, Bugg T

Mids: Ablett G, Priddis M, Selwood J, Deledio B, Coniglio S; Wingard C, Kerridge S, McDonald J

Rucks: Sandilands A, Leuenberger M; Giles J, Stephensen O

Fwds: Franklin L, O'Keefe R, Chapman P, Martin D, Dixon C, Smith D, Saad A; Dick B, Rowe S

Thanks for that mate, I'm not %100 on Lids either at. I think Hamish will step up and get back to that form he shows a few years back so went light on rucks and loaded up on other areas.

Like your defence, bit of a rish with Lake, i probably wouldn't pick him up as of yet, wait to see how he goes over the weekend,

Mids are strong as are the rucks. Looking good on bth fronts.

And forwards doing well also.

Yeah Mcintosh is risky but don't you reckon he will be played up forward? Spose the problem is you have petrie and maybe pederson in and out of the forward line so we may be a little top heavy if he plays up there as well.

Liam Jones is only 284k though. Thought he showed enough last year that he could be in for a pretty good year.. or should i trade him in later on if he goes well? Sam reid should go agree on that.

But yeh i am not the most experienced supercoach player, only my second go at it :)

Yeah I think he will go up forward a bit, but when has that ever had a positive effect on a ruckman's supercoach scores? Tbh if I got a ruckman in Supercoach I'd want them racking up hitouts and accumulating possessions around the ground.

I can see Liam Jones averaging like 80 at best. Personally I think you're better off getting a rookie (e.g. Sam Kerridge etc), that could average close to 80, and be 170k cheaper...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys have a look at my first draft team. See what you think. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Back
Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Birchall, Clarke, B. Ellis, Hargrave
Bench: (Smedts, Darley)
Midfield
Pendlebury, Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, D. Smith, J Magner
Bench: (Gibson, Pfeiffer)
Rucks
Mumford, Giles
Bench: (Rowe, Stephensen)
Forwards
Franklin, Pavlich, Martin, N Riewoldt, Butcher, Kerridge, Tomlinson
Bench: (Couch, Horlin-Smith)

Hey guys have a look at my first draft team. See what you think. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Back
Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Birchall, Clarke, B. Ellis, Hargrave
Bench: (Smedts, Darley)
Midfield
Pendlebury, Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, D. Smith, J Magner
Bench: (Gibson, Pfeiffer)
Rucks
Mumford, Giles
Bench: (Rowe, Stephensen)
Forwards
Franklin, Pavlich, Martin, N Riewoldt, Butcher, Kerridge, Tomlinson
Bench: (Couch, Horlin-Smith)

Nice team, quite similar to mine.:thumbsu:
Still not convinced with Clarke as yet, but is still a valid choice.
Forward line is a bit weak, Riewoldt is a risky pick and Butcher will dissapoint.
If I were you I'd downgrade Clarke and Pendles (to Swan) then try to upgrade butcher to a premium.

Team so far..

Goddard, Shaw, Birchall, Broughton, Hargrave, Ellis, Spurr, Darley, Brown/Smedts

Ablett, Murphy/Dal Santo, Rockliff/Swallow/Priddis/Boyd, Selwood, McDonald, Magner, Pfeiffer, Neale

Mumford, Giles, Redden, Stephensen

Franklin, Fyfe, Chapman/Zaha, Martin, Dangerfield, Saad/Milera, Hall, Hampton, Kerridge

Any opinions on players I am deciding between would be appreciated :thumbsu:

B: Carrazzo, Broughton, Burgoyne
* * * N Smith, B Lake, P Davis, L Spurr * * (Smedts, Redpath)

C: Pendlebury, Ablett*
* * *M Murphy, C Masten, S *Coniglio, S Hogan (K Stevens, J Magner)

R: Cox, McIntosh (Cordy, Stephenson)

F: Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom
* * Dangerfield, C Pearce, G Rohan, D Smith (Folau, Zorko)

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Your defence needs a bit of work.
You don't really have any star power D1,D2 and D3 are pretty average.
Im still not sold on Izzy, even is he is just on the bench.
You can't have a forward line without Buddy, so maybe downgrade Cox to Kruz and upgrade sidebottom to buddy.
With your ruck stocks, change Cordy to Giles..

Heres my latest edited side:

D: Goddard Scotland Shaw Heppell Hargrave Webberley Clarke
Darley Smedts

M: Pendles Ablett (c) Murphy Selwood Kerr Ledger
D.Smith L.Brown

R: Kreuzer H.Mac
Giles Stephensen

F: Franklin Fyfe Dangerfield Hawkins Saad Treloar Walsh
Kerridge Couch

Thanks in advance guys...

Darley Smedts

D.Smith L.Brown

Giles Stephensen

Kerridge Couch

Defense: Don't quote me but I think that Clarke may be injured
Midfield: Pretty good except Kerr will not be playing all the time as the club will be resting him (he is injury prone)
Ruck: everyone seems to like H.Mac but I'm not entirely sure what the fuss is about, maybe change down to Giles or something?
Forward: Don't expect Walsh to be playing too many games
Hope I could be of help.

Here is my team so far, I have been tweaking it for a a while:

DEF: C. Enright, D. Heppell, S. Hurn, A. Tomlinson, B. Ellis, T.Bugg. B. Wilkes, (P. Yagmoor, J, Lockyer)

MID: G. Ablett, C. Judd, M. Boyd, S. Mitchell, J. Selwood, S. Coniglio, (L. Neale, J. Magner)

RUC: D. Cox, T. West, (O. Stephenson, T. Downie)

FOR: L. Franklin, A. Goodes. N. Fyfe, P. Dangerfield, J. Butcher, S. Motlop, R. Cooyou, (A. Hall, C. Dell'Olio)

Hope you guys can review it!

Backs: I think you are light on for premiums here. Broughton had a great supercoach year in 2010 but was awful in 2011 relative to his starting price. Burgoyne just isn't worth the price based on last season (started like a house on fire then tapered off hugely). Lake *might* be a good choice but we'll know better after the preseason is done and dusted (great scorer in 2010 playing in a sort of sweeper role in the backline. The less said about 2011 the better). The Carrazzo pick I don't mind, though perhaps Scotland from the Blues would be a better pick - Scotland is a year older however but he's a consistently higher scorer and only another 70k more or so. Spurr I know nothing about but I would make sure before confirming this pick that he's in the 22 at Freo. The Smith and Davis picks I do not like outright and think you should junk these two and get one premium and one starting rookie - the reason? These mid price players are just nothing in Supercoach - 90% of the time they offer no price upside and their scoring just puts you so far behind the teams that have premiums in them. Also, Davis plays for GWS and on the evidence of Gold Coast last year, the great bulk of their players will not score up to the level of other teams. He's an 18 game player basically untested and he plays in the spine - which means he won't be a good scorer as these type of backmen just don't rack up the possessions because of the way they are deployed on the field. The backmen you want are the high possession guys who run the ball out/kick out etc - so your Yarrans/Suckling/Lids etc - Davis could have a great season but will probably still be a poor Supercoach player. If he was rookie priced he would be a much better pick but having said that there are much better picks even in his own squad, even allowing for the fact as I stated above the GWS guys will not score very well compared to other teams (getting hammered every week, missing out on the easy possessions other teams get, lack of goals, lots of clangers etc)

Some of the mids I like - Pendlebury will drop in price for certain after the first 3 weeks but if he's fit and not in your team come finals time you will go nowhere. Some would argue Swan might be a better starting player relative to price and there is an argument to perhaps wait until Pendles drops in price and then pick him up - but I will imagine you'll be losing points in those weeks he's not in if you go that route. Ablett, Murphy, Magner I like (is Magner still rookie listed? He's definitely in the Dees best 22 as of this day). Hogan I'm not certain he'll make the 22. Coniglio will be in a lot of starting teams but its instructive to look at Gold Coast's Swallow last year who went very early in the draft, had a great debut season, but didn't score as well as someone like Dyson Heppell - if Swallow was in an established team I think he would have had a better Supercoach season. To give you another comparison Duigan and Laidler from the Blues were rookies who played in the backline but averaged not that much below Swallow who played in the midfield. I'm not saying to drop Coniglio - but if he was in an established team he would score better and probably not suffer from some of the rotation thing that he'll go through this season at GWS. Masten I don't like - drop him for a starting rookie and get in another premium with some of the extra $ or if you are set on a mid priced West Coast player look at someone like Gaff who played most of his games as a sub last year and is a certified ball magnet/runner. Masten has played a lot of full games and just isn't that good a scorer.

The rucks - pretty good - am going for two premiums here myself because outside of the mids these guys score the best on a good day. Hope to find the next Zac Smith with my rookies here.

The forwards - the full forward/spine players who score well are very thin on the ground. The two Reiwoldt's, Brown from the Lions even someone like Tippett are great/good players but are not good Supercoach scorers for example. Basically the one full forward you can bank on is Buddy and if you don't have him in you should. I went with Dangerfield last year but not again - maybe he is set for a breakout season under a new coach - but he was one of the players that turned me right off mid-priced players because he just doesn't score enough - Pearce ditto - look at his average last year, not helped from playing with Port. Would ditch these two pick a rookie and a premium instead. Maybe Rohan is due to go the route Gaff might take this year and get more playing time and more time in the midfield but I just don't like his starting price relative to prospective return (see above my comments on backline). Smith takes the number of GWS players you have to too many if you ask me - like his price though. Maybe you should look around at other clubs who have rookies who will play this season - in the forward line Freo and the Saints have players who will probably get into the 22 on starting day.

Basically in summation - you have not enough premiums, too many underperforming mid-priced players and need to scour team lists for more rookies, swap some of the mid priced players for premiums and rookies. If you pick a mid priced player you have to have a special reason for it - so for example many people have picked Lake because he was a premium in 2010 and is now looking very cheap on that basis - but maybe either the game has changed or the structure of his team has changed making his re-elevation to premium status almost impossible - which was one reason why Jack Reiwoldt dropped away last year because the Tigers changed their structure so that he wasn't the only point of attack and hence his Supercoach scoring suffered. Whether Lake will/won't be a good pick will play out this season - I can see why people have picked him and think its a reasonable risk to take. You also need to look at what type of players score where - so for example what type of players score best in the backline etc.

Hope this gives you some assistance.

Your defence needs a bit of work.
You don't really have any star power D1,D2 and D3 are pretty average.
Im still not sold on Izzy, even is he is just on the bench.
You can't have a forward line without Buddy, so maybe downgrade Cox to Kruz and upgrade sidebottom to buddy.
With your ruck stocks, change Cordy to Giles..

Darley Smedts

D.Smith L.Brown

Giles Stephensen

Kerridge Couch

Roughly like it without going through all the names. Some names I probably don't like are Kerr (just not worth the $, too up and down etc), Kreuzer (very good player but poor scorer relative to true ruck premiums like Sandi/Cox/Mumford etc), Hepps (too expensive - someone like Suckers from the Hawks might be better around the same price - Suckling gets a lot of free points from playing on after kicking out), Dangerfield (may be proven wrong here and he might have a breakout season under a new coach -but when they put him in the midfield last year he didn't offer enough and thus they put him up forward where he scored poorly relative to his talent). Don't know all of the rookie names but of those ones I know I like - Saad for example - the rest of it :thumbsu:

plz tell me what u think?

B: Scotland Shaw Birchal Smedts Broughton Clarke Tomilson
(Brown, Wilkes)

M: Ablett Murphy Selwood Jack Coniglio Macdonald
(Mitchell, Magner)

R: Jacobs Kreauzer (Giles, Stephenson)

F Franklin Goodes Fyffe Martin Reid Patton Saad (Trelore, Rowe)

Squasface .. Think your defence is plied on a very risky and shaky foundation .. think you should have 3 premiums at least ..
Mids look good alhough think you are missing out on ALOT of cash cows as there is heaps of rookies ready to go this season ..
Dont think T.west will be that good of a scorer .. maybe downgrade Cox to Mummy or Luenburger and upgrade West ..
Forwards .. im thinking about dangerfield myself but having been burned the past two season ive chosen to neglect him, also think you should trade either Motlop or Butcher and go for a rookie ..

DEF : B.Goddard H.Shaw G.Birchall P.Duffield R.Hargrave M.Clarke B.Ellis (T.Bugg,L.Brown)

MID : G.Ablett (C) M.Murphy J.Selwood N.Fyfe L.Neale J.Magner (J.Mcdonald,S.Gibson)

RUCK : S.Mumford H.Mac (Giles,Stephenson)

FWD : L.Franklin A.Goodes D.Zaharakis J.Riewoldt H.Ballantyne D.Pffefier A.Saad
(D.Smith,S.Kerridge)

now i know ill cop a bit of slack for inclusions of Duffield,Jack Riewoldt and Ballantyne but i have a feeling all of them will be Massive improvers this season and will be just under or premiums by seasons end .. Also think Birchall will be top 3 defenders by mid season and will be All Aust .. thoughts ?

hey guys just wondering if you could rate my team .. all the teams above have already been rated :/

DEF : B.Goddard H.Shaw G.Birchall P.Duffield R.Hargrave M.Clarke B.Ellis (T.Bugg,L.Brown)

MID : G.Ablett (C) M.Murphy J.Selwood N.Fyfe L.Neale J.Magner (J.Mcdonald,S.Gibson)

RUCK : S.Mumford H.Mac (Giles,Stephenson)

FWD : L.Franklin A.Goodes D.Zaharakis J.Riewoldt H.Ballantyne D.Pffefier A.Saad
(D.Smith,S.Kerridge)

now i know ill cop a bit of slack for inclusions of Duffield,Jack Riewoldt and Ballantyne but i have a feeling all of them will be Massive improvers this season and will be just under or premiums by seasons end .. Also think Birchall will be top 3 defenders by mid season and will be All Aust .. thoughts ?

umm my team hasn't been rated??

Updated team....Made a few changes

Backs: Goddard, Scotland, H.Shaw, Birchall, B.Ellis, Smedts (Blee, Spurr)

Mids: Pendlebury, Ablett, Priddis, J.Kelly, Wingard, Kavanagh (Clifton, Magner)

Rucks: Sandilands, Giles (Rowe, Stephenson)

Fwds: Franklin, Goodes, D.Martin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Pfettifer, Horlin-Smith (Hall, Couch)

Any thoughts or changes would be much appreciated.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back