Rate my SuperCoach team 2012 (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like this team except for Lenny Hayes, he is 32 (I think) and he is coming back from a a knee reconstruction. If you have enough salary cap, you should get Patrick Dangerfield or if not maybe downgrade to Andrew Gaff who is supposed to have a ripper of a season this year.
Cheers. I got burned badly with Danger last season. I realise his role will change this year but he'll need to prove his worth the first few rounds. Will consider Gaff, but the Hayes gamble could potentially pay off in spades.

the Hayes gamble could potentially pay off in spades.

Hayes has only averaged over 104 once since 2006, hardly good enough for a premium midfielder and too expensive to warrant being used as a cashcow. Just a waste of a trade if you ask me.

Hey guys,

BACKS: Shaw, Fisher, Yarran, Lake, Hargrave, Bugg
Bench: Darley, Morris

Midfield: Ablett, Thomas, Goddard, Bartel, Masten, Coniglio
Bench: Magner, Shiel

Rucks: McIntosh, Kruezer
Bench: Stephenson, Giles

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Dangerfield, D.Martin, D.Smith, Pfeiffer
Bench: Weedon, A.Hall

Thoughts?

Hayes has only averaged over 104 once since 2006, hardly good enough for a premium midfielder and too expensive to warrant being used as a cashcow. Just a waste of a trade if you ask me.
Yeah bugger it, I downgraded to Gaff and used the extra cash to switch Pfeiffer to S Motlop.

Hey guys,

BACKS: Shaw, Fisher, Yarran, Lake, Hargrave, Bugg
Bench: Darley, Morris

Midfield: Ablett, Thomas, Goddard, Bartel, Masten, Coniglio
Bench: Magner, Shiel

Rucks: McIntosh, Kruezer
Bench: Stephenson, Giles

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Dangerfield, D.Martin, D.Smith, Pfeiffer
Bench: Weedon, A.Hall

Thoughts?

*Only my first year taking SC seriously so take everything I say with a grain of salt*

I like the backline but unsure about Yarran, he has upside but may also draw a tag.

Good midfield but unsure of the logic behind picking Goddard here instead of in the backs. Masten has a history of showing promising glimpses but then breaking down with injury, if/when he has a breakout year he will be great though so can see why you picked him. Not for me though. I believe Shiel is injured at the moment so just monitor that.

Don't like the pick of McIntosh despite his great game on the weekend. Just too much competition for mine.

Great forwardline but Hall is under an injury cloud. If he makes round 1 I think he will be a good pick though. Overall, it looks pretty good.

After not looking at my team for weeks I just made a LOT of changes to it. Taking a few risky picks but I'm quite happy with it, don't see it changing much before round 1.

B - Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Heppell, Lake, Hargrave, Bower
(Ellis, Darley)

C - Pendlebury, Ablett, A.Swallow, Coniglio, Wingard, Hogan
(Clifton, Magner)

R - Kreuzer, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

F - Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Zaharakis, Sidebottom, Gunston, D.Smith
(Treloar, Pfeiffer)

Obviously rookies still subject to change particularly if Treloar doesn't get up for round 1.

I have my reservations about Hogan, Bower & Pfeiffer in particular but I think they will make my team if they are selected for round 1.

Have a gut feeling about both A.Swallow and Gunston. Have about 70k to spare.

Would really appreciate any feedback

Yeah bugger it, I downgraded to Gaff and used the extra cash to switch Pfeiffer to S Motlop.

Why downgrade to Gaff? Only averaged 61 last year. Downgrade to a rookie that'll probably give you a better average than that and get a proper premium forward in. Also, looking at your original team, never put a MPP premium in your mids, it's just a waste of a midfield spot. There aren't all that many 100+ premium forwards so get Pavlich in your forwards or upgrade him to a midfield premium like Selwood who'll get you 115+.

You can't base all your decisions on past averages. Gaff was a first year player who was learning how to cope with AFL level. Now he has a another full pre-season under his belt and put up encouraging performances in his games in the NAB Cup this year.

Can't see him averaging over 80 this year. What would there be to gain in spending over $200k to get him instead of a rookie who could pull out numbers as well as him? He obviously isn't going to burst into a premium midfielder so the only use for him would be as a cash cow and you'll need a 90 average from him to make the same money you would from a rookie averaging 50-60.

Can't see him averaging over 80 this year. What would there be to gain in spending over $200k to get him instead of a rookie who could pull out numbers as well as him? He obviously isn't going to burst into a premium midfielder so the only use for him would be as a cash cow and you'll need a 90 average from him to make the same money you would from a rookie averaging 50-60.

Gaff is likely to get more game time than a rookie as he is more experienced and he was performing well towards the end of last season. While a rookie may not be always in the selection pane as they will most likely become fatigued at the end of the season as most first year players are without proper rest.

Please rate my team

Backs
Goddard, delidio, broughton, lake, hargrave, Clark, Smedts, Hombach, Morris

Mid
Ablett, Mitchell Sylvia, martin, melksham, zorko, d.smith, magner

Rucks
Sandilands, Maric, Stephenson, Giles

Forwards
Franklin, chapman, Hurley, gunston, knights, bate, treloer, saad, phiffer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey guys, can you please rate my team and give me your opinions?

Backs: B.Goddard, B.Deledio, H.Shaw, C.Enright, D.Heppell, B.Ellis, S.Darley (B.Smedts, L.Brown)

Mids: G.Ablett, D.Swan, J.Selwood, J.Caddy, C.Wingard, J.Magner (S.Kerridge, L.Neale)

Rucks: S.Mumford, J.Giles (J.Redden, O,Stephensen)

Forwards: L.Franklin, A.Goodes, N.Fyfe, D.Martin, S.Sidebottom, D.Smith, D.Pfeiffer (A.Hall, T.Couch)

$35,100 left

If you take out the two games where he scored 12 sc points as a sub and factor in the other games he started as a sub he actually has that 80 points covered pretty easily. Gaff is a very interesting option who i have had in and out of my team since the start.

BACKS:

Goddard - Scotland - Deledio - Broughton - Lake - Clarke - Smedts (Ellis, Bugg)

MIDS:

Ablett - Swan - Murphy - Selwood - McDonald - Ledger (Magner, Gibson)

RUCKS:

Mumford - Giles (Redden, Stephensen)

FORWARDS:

Franklin - Fyfe - Chapman - Martin - Porplyzia - Saad - Walsh (Zorko, Kerridge)

The only things I'm really looking at right now are with draftees/rookies I'm taking.
I'm happy with the strength of the premiums etc and this will probably get me through.

Very nice team mav only worry would be that fwd line chappy porpoise injuries and Walsh. But other then that very nice mate

My team ATM is

Goddard Scotland shaw broughton lake Ellis bugg (webberly darley)

Ablett pendles Murphy Boyd jmac neale (magner Gibson)

Hmac Giles (orren redden)

Buddy fyfe goodes Martin riewoldt pfeiffer hall (Dickson couch)

Got 13 prems/7 rookies and hmac lake ATM. Any thought? All critisism welcome

Very nice team mav only worry would be that fwd line chappy porpoise injuries and Walsh. But other then that very nice mate

My team ATM is

Goddard Scotland shaw broughton lake Ellis bugg (webberly darley)

Ablett pendles Murphy Boyd jmac neale (magner Gibson)

Hmac Giles (orren redden)

Buddy fyfe goodes Martin riewoldt pfeiffer hall (Dickson couch)

Got 13 prems/7 rookies and hmac lake ATM. Any thought? All critisism welcome

my opinion is htat looks a really strong team with the glaring definciency being the Ruck. if you think that H Mac is going to be a keeper than it's fine. if not then you are going to need 4 trades to just get the ruck. i'm a big fan of getting the ruck set and forgetting (although this year i'm still not sure :)). i don't know enough about the rookies to comment. overall i would rate it a 8/10.

BACKS:

Goddard - Scotland - Deledio - Broughton - Lake - Clarke - Smedts (Ellis, Bugg)

MIDS:

Ablett - Swan - Murphy - Selwood - McDonald - Ledger (Magner, Gibson)

RUCKS:

Mumford - Giles (Redden, Stephensen)

FORWARDS:

Franklin - Fyfe - Chapman - Martin - Porplyzia - Saad - Walsh (Zorko, Kerridge)

The only things I'm really looking at right now are with draftees/rookies I'm taking.
I'm happy with the strength of the premiums etc and this will probably get me through.

Really nice backline, basically the same as mine. However I would strongly consider dumping Clarke as I did, since he was hardly impressive against Melbourne on the weekend.

Again another good line. Would strongly suggest trading out McDonald. Was extremely disappointing on the weekend, and I wouldn't be surprised if the trend continues all year. He may in fact be too old. Even though Ledger is impressive, I think he may have trouble breaking into the side.

Happy with both the rucks and forwards.

Really strong team overall.

My team:

B: Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Shaw, Fisher, Lake, Ellis (Bugg, Darley)

M: Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Coniglio, D. Smith, Magner (Neale, S. Gibson)

R: McIntosh, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

F: Franklin, Goodes, Pavlich, Chapman, Martin, Cameron, Hall (Smedts, Kerridge)

Note: Would really appreciate advice on my rucks. Really nervous about them, but can see a lot of potential in it.

Thanks,

Really nice backline, basically the same as mine. However I would strongly consider dumping Clarke as I did, since he was hardly impressive against Melbourne on the weekend.

You realize he only played less than half a game don't you?
Only had 6 touches but it was his first game back and would expect him to pick it up a bit next week.

At only 170k he'll only need to avg 35+ to go up in price.

my opinion is htat looks a really strong team with the glaring definciency being the Ruck. if you think that H Mac is going to be a keeper than it's fine. if not then you are going to need 4 trades to just get the ruck. i'm a big fan of getting the ruck set and forgetting (although this year i'm still not sure :)). i don't know enough about the rookies to comment. overall i would rate it a 8/10.

Cheers for ur opinion foz. The way I see it is with the guns and rookie strategy ur going to need to start 7-8 rookies regardless so therefore I've considered Giles/orren/redden good enough rookies to start on field therefore allowing me an extra premium in another position. It's a risk I'm willing to take. Thanx for ur help mate

Again another good line. Would strongly suggest trading out McDonald. Was extremely disappointing on the weekend, and I wouldn't be surprised if the trend continues all year. He may in fact be too old. Even though Ledger is impressive, I think he may have trouble breaking into the side.

Happy with both the rucks and forwards.

Really strong team overall.

My team:

B: Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Shaw, Fisher, Lake, Ellis (Bugg, Darley)

M: Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Coniglio, D. Smith, Magner (Neale, S. Gibson)

R: McIntosh, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

F: Franklin, Goodes, Pavlich, Chapman, Martin, Cameron, Hall (Smedts, Kerridge)

Note: Would really appreciate advice on my rucks. Really nervous about them, but can see a lot of potential in it.

Thanks,
Very nice team mate. A mentioned the rucks are very risky, but I can see it paying off if Hmac has a big year. Backs very strong, as are the forwards. Basically the same mids as me apart from Gibson, overall very strong.

My 8978797966890 attempt:

BACKS: Goddard - Deledio - Shaw - Birchall - Hargrave - Clarke - Ellis
bench: Darley - Wilkes

MIDS: Ablett - Murphy - Boyd - Coniglio - D.Smith - Neale
bench: Magner - Brown

RUCK: Mumford - Hmac
bench: Giles - Stephenson

FORWARDS: Franklin - Pav - Chapman - Martin - Dangerfield - Saad - Smedts
bench: Bruce - Kerridge

$48.000 left

Changes made from previous side

OUTS: Burgoyne, Redden, McCevoy, J.Selwood

INS: Birchall, Hmac, Mumford, Coniglio

Thoughts on where I should use the 48k if so. I've strengthened the rucks, but also weakened the mids so I'm hoping that will pay off.

Opinions and thoughts appreciated guys... more the merrier :D

any ideas appreciated.

backs: goddard, deledio, h.shaw, lake, mohr, smedts, bugg
emerg: brown, baguley

mids: ablett (capt), pendles (vc), priddis, scotland, redden, neale
emerg: gibson, magner

rucks: mumford, giles
emerg: redden, stephenson

fwd: franklin, goodes, martin, j.riewoldt, dangerfield, cooyou, treloar
emerg: kerridge, hall

still working it out. gone 1/3 rucks, cox and sandi are probably overpriced at the moment, wait for them too come down.

gone lighter in the backs and stacked the midfield, not 100% on backline prems this year, wait to see who performs then upgrade

Hey all,

After some feedback on my team.

DEF:

B.GODDARD B.DELEDIO H.SHAW
G.BIRCHALL G.BROUGHTON T.MOHR J.TOWNSEND
BENCH: S.DARLEY W.SIERAKOWSKI

MID:

G.ABLETT D.SWANN M.MURPHY
J.SELWOOD T.LEDGER S.GIBSON
BENCH: J.MCDONALD J.MAGNER

RUCKS:

H.MCINTOSH O.STEPHENSEN