Rate my SuperCoach team 2012 (Part III)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so the last decision needed for my team, any help would be greatly appreciated!

OPTION 1...
Lake
Mumford
Magner/A.Kennedy (on bench)

OPTION 2...
M Clarke
Cox
Coniglio (would bring him off the bench and McDonald would go to my bench)

What do you guys think? I realise some will say that Lake or Clarke is a risk not worthy of taking, but it is the only really risky pick in my team and I am happy to take one in to the season. Any input appreciated!

Cheers

Hi guys feedback would be awesome. I'm unsure about the bollded players and whether to put them in the side or not.
Backs:Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Suckling, Grimes, Lake, M.Clarke, B.Ellis, Bugg
Mids: Ablett, Watson, Selwood, WIngard, J.Mcdonald, Magner, Stevens, Shiel
Rucks: COx, Sandilands, Redden, GIles
Forwards: Franklin, Martin, Dangerfield, Clark, Porplyzia, D. Smith, ZOrko, Kerridge, Saad.

Ok so the last decision needed for my team, any help would be greatly appreciated!

OPTION 1...
Lake
Mumford
Magner/A.Kennedy (on bench)

OPTION 2...
M Clarke
Cox
Coniglio (would bring him off the bench and McDonald would go to my bench)

What do you guys think? I realise some will say that Lake or Clarke is a risk not worthy of taking, but it is the only really risky pick in my team and I am happy to take one in to the season. Any input appreciated!

Cheers

Option 1 easy, I expect every one of those 1 players to score more than the 2 players in same position.

So I'm living overseas this year so it is pretty hard to keep up with the footy, however here is my team... I've gone heavy on the premiums/rookies...

BACK:
Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Golby, M Clarke, Smedts, Bugg, Ellis, Spurr

MID:
Pendles, Ablett, Watson, Hayes, Coniglio, Shiel, Wingard, Magner

RUCK:
Mumford, Giles, Redden, Stephenson

FWD:
Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Pavlich, D Smith, A Hall, Pfeiffer, Dickson.

Wouldn't mind some extra mid/fwds in my midfield....

So I'm living overseas this year so it is pretty hard to keep up with the footy, however here is my team... I've gone heavy on the premiums/rookies...

BACK:
Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Golby, M Clarke, Smedts, Bugg, Ellis, Spurr

MID:
Pendles, Ablett, Watson, Hayes, Coniglio, Shiel, Wingard, Magner

RUCK:
Mumford, Giles, Redden, Stephenson

FWD:
Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Pavlich, D Smith, A Hall, Pfeiffer, Dickson.

Wouldn't mind some extra mid/fwds in my midfield....

For the Mid/Fwd you're after, i would suggest putting Goodes/ Martin or Pav into the middle and picking up a new forward; Dangerfield or Sidebottom perhaps....or whoever if you have the coin. Reason being is with the magical three-way trade thingy (whatever you want to call it), you can just slide Goodes/ Martin/ Pav back into the FWD where they belong, then pick up a new MID gun when the time is right. Its what im doing :)

I like the look of the rest of your team.....

MY TEAM:
I've gone for a slightly more balanced team i think, but based it off the typical Guns/ Rookies blueprint....

GODDARD, SCOTLAND, DELEDIO, BROUGHTON, LAKE, ELLIS, MOHR (SMEDTS, BUGG)

ABLETT, BOYD, S.THOMPSON, GOODES, MARTIN, KENNEDY (LEDGER, MAGNER)

KRUEZER, GILES (REDDEN, STEPHENSON)

FRANKLIN, FYFE, SIDEBOTTOM, ZAHARAKIS, PORPLYZIA, D.SMITH, PFIEFFER (KERRIDGE, HALL)

i've got $50,600 left. As you can see ive got a couple of guys who you'd want as FWDs in the middle, but will swap them over when i know which MID premiums i want......also, this is my 7th saved/ print screened team lol and as i scroll through the first six i see its getting better and better, but as the season is almost here and my heads about to explode, i'll leave this is your capable hands to pull apart :)

Here's my REAL team (for those who didn't realise, that team I mentioned earlier didn't actually fit under the cap :D )

backs - goddard, deledio, broughton, lake, davis, golby, geary (ellis, bugg)
mids - ablett, murphy, redden, polec, caddy, coniglio (ledger, magner)
rucks - mcevoy, naitanui (giles, stephenson)
fwds - franklin, fyfe, martin, cloke, porpus, folau, milera (kerridge, dickson)

Thoughts, anyone?

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Malceski, Lake, Clarke, Ellis (Mohr, Bugg)
Mids: Pendlebury, Ablett, Hayes, Barlow, Shiel, Magner (Kennedy, Ledger)
Rucks: Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)
Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Lewis, Porplyzia, Smith (Hall, Dickson)

Left: 25,900

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Malceski, Lake, Clarke, Ellis (Mohr, Bugg)
Mids: Pendlebury, Ablett, Hayes, Barlow, Shiel, Magner (Kennedy, Ledger)
Rucks: Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)
Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Lewis, Porplyzia, Smith (Hall, Dickson)

Left: 25,900

Somewhat uniqueish team with Hayes and Barlow both in there. I haven't followed either's preseason, I believe Hayes burnt in one of his game but has Barlow played yet?

EDIT: Didn't see Lewis, like it

Hayes got knocked out cold, 1st minute last match. Barlow has not played. That's the risk we take.

Hayes got knocked out cold, 1st minute last match. Barlow has not played. That's the risk we take.

Yeah i remember hearing that about Hayes, old habits die hard.

I think both is a risk to take especially in the mids where you generally dont want to f**k around but can definitely see the upside. I'm really interested to see how Hayes goes this year as i considered him on day 1 at his price but jumped off him as strategies changed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing to lose. If both star, it's a massive advantage. If not, well it's only a game and I will just have to burn trades

Nothing to lose. If both star, it's a massive advantage. If not, well it's only a game and I will just have to burn trades
Nothing to lose? You lose 4 trades if both fail to live up to premium standards, and by the time you trade them out you may well have fallen behind by 30-40 points a week for each of Hayes and Barlow. Then what happens late in the season if Ablett goes down or one of your high premiums go down and because you used those 4 trades to get rid of Hayes/Barlow you have to sit with a 0 or a sub-par rookie sitting in Ablett's spot. I don't see the point for their prices there isn't much cash incentive and neither will be at the top end of Premium midfielders come season end if they stay fit. Especially in Hayes case.

Feedback Please

Back: Goddard, Enright, Birchall, Grimes, Lake, Ellis, Bugg - (Morris, Smedts)

Mid: Ablett, Boyd, Watson, Deledio, Coniglio, Mager - (Shiel, Couch)

Ruck: Cox, Giles - (Redden, Stephenson)

Fwd: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, Christensen, Porplyzia, D.Smith - (Pfeiffer, Cameron)

And I've got 170k in the bank, any suggested upgrades?. Was considering a risk in the ruck and using McIntosh and Giles and upgrading elsewhere but decided to play it safe.

Cheers

Feedback Please

Back: Goddard, Enright, Birchall, Grimes, Lake, Ellis, Bugg - (Morris, Smedts)

Mid: Ablett, Boyd, Watson, Deledio, Coniglio, Mager - (Shiel, Couch)

Ruck: Cox, Giles - (Redden, Stephenson)

Fwd: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, Christensen, Porplyzia, D.Smith - (Pfeiffer, Cameron)

And I've got 170k in the bank, any suggested upgrades?. Was considering a risk in the ruck and using McIntosh and Giles and upgrading elsewhere but decided to play it safe.

Cheers
Get rid of Enright, move Deledio back. Then get a Premium midfielder (600k+) in that M4 spot then use what money you have left over upgrading Grimes/Dangerfield/Watson to a Premium. If you want to go risky in the ruck I would say go Kruezer over McIntosh as Goldstein will get the bulk of the ruckwork so McIntosh will be losing points.

@nash07
I'd move Deledio to backline, getting rid of Enright/Grimes, so that you can get a premium midfielder.

Here’s my team. Weighing up Swallow, Dal Santo or Priddis for that 4th mid spot and also whether to squeeze N.Riewoldt or Porplyzia in for either Sidebottom or Dangerfield. Interested to see what others think on that??

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Lake, Ellis, Bugg, (Morris, Darley)

Mid: Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, A.Swallow, Shiel, Magner, (McDonald, Ledger)

Ruck: Mumford, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

Forward: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, D.Smith, Kennedy (Hall, Dickson)

Get rid of Enright, move Deledio back. Then get a Premium midfielder (600k+) in that M4 spot then use what money you have left over upgrading Grimes/Dangerfield/Watson to a Premium. If you want to go risky in the ruck I would say go Kruezer over McIntosh as Goldstein will get the bulk of the ruckwork so McIntosh will be losing points.

I want to keep deledio in the middle as a DPP. heath shaw?and what do you think of burgoyne at 433k?

I want to keep deledio in the middle as a DPP. heath shaw?and what do you think of burgoyne at 433k?
Heat Shaw is a good choice. Wouldn't go Burgoyne prefer Duffield at 410k. Just think he has a better chance of breaking out and scoring 100's. And I think if you are to go Deledio in the midfield I would upgrade Watson to a more reliable Premium. But I think you should pick your team over scoring ability compared to going out and specifically choosing DPP. And Deledio is a better option in defense then in the midfield as he is a premium in the backline but in the midfield he is just another top midpricer.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my team..... Appreciate any assistance

Backs
Goddard, Deledio, Malceski, Lake, Brown N, Clarke, Ellis
(Bugg, Morris)

Mids
Pendlebury, Ablett, Murphy, Thompson, Parker, Cognilio
(Shiel, Magner)

Rucks
Mumford, Giles
(Stephenson, Redden)

Forwards
Franklin, Goodes, Chapman, Riewoldt J, Butcher, Porplyzia, Smith D
(Zorko, Smedts)

alright thanks. and what are your thoughts on christensen? i rate him highly. i found out when he wasnt sub he averaged 87 last year and he will only get better in my opinion. i cant see him playing as a sub this season, you think he is a good buy?

Just did this at the very last minute...

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, R.Murphy, Grimes, Lake, Toy, Ellis (Bugg, Morris)

Mids: M.Murphy, Selwood, J.Watson, Boak, Vince, Conigilio (Shiel, McDonald)

Rucks: Leuenberger, Giles (Stephenson, Redden)

Forwards: Franklin, Pavlich, Gray, Sidebottom, Rohan, Porplyzia, Saad (Smedts.... A.Pattison)

Are they all fit? Any help at all would be fantastic

alright thanks. and what are your thoughts on christensen? i rate him highly. i found out when he wasnt sub he averaged 87 last year and he will only get better in my opinion. i cant see him playing as a sub this season, you think he is a good buy?
I think your better off going with a rookie from GWS or T.Dickson, or wait till teams are out. And using that extra money to upgrade Dangerfield or another of your midpricers. As you said Christensen isn't exactly a reliable option to play a full game. But I haven't been paying much attention to Geelong so don't know if he will be wearing the vest alot this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back