Rate my SuperCoach team 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts? Obviously very rookie heavy but feel like taking the risk this year. 243k remaining.

23sxdaw.jpg

Yeah he was very up and down last year. He did get some pretty good scores and some games he stank it up. He does get quite a lot of shots on goal but too often squanders them, if he improves just that one aspect of his game he should score well. Also, he can up rack contested possessions with the best of them.

I just really love watching the kid play, that applies to most of the players in my team. I guess, he's more of an emotional pick than a logical one.

Cheers.

Got ya. Only thing with that don't get caught up in emotional picks if you want to do well in general / overall. I would fall into this similar trap years ago by not picking guys that I didn't like football wise for various reasons, but that would be very costly SC wise

Thoughts? Obviously very rookie heavy but feel like taking the risk this year. 243k remaining.

23sxdaw.jpg

Quite balanced, nice. 1 rookie starting MID very interesting, but could be a nice edge. Splash that left over cash on maybe another decent FWD. Upgrade Butcher or Porpz. Solid. :thumbsu:

1b69u.jpg

Any thoughts?

I'm fairly happy with this, a little risky but it's paid off for me in the past few years. Feels like i have too many rookies on the field (and some of them may not even play) but im not sure where to drop money from to upgrade them. Thinking maybe downgrade Sylvia to Dangerfield, then use the savings + $129k i already have left over to upgrade?

1b69u.jpg

Any thoughts?

I'm fairly happy with this, a little risky but it's paid off for me in the past few years. Feels like i have too many rookies on the field (and some of them may not even play) but im not sure where to drop money from to upgrade them. Thinking maybe downgrade Sylvia to Dangerfield, then use the savings + $129k i already have left over to upgrade?
Backs - Unless your heart is set on Suckling I'd look at swapping him to Grimes or Adcock and use the extra cash elsewhere

Mids - I think Morabito is still not training with the main group and is a fair chance to miss games or early or get the vest, maybe go up to Coniglio.

Rucks - Big risk on Nit Nac but could pay dividends as not many sides have him.

Forwards - This is where your main problems are, I wouldnt be touching Sylvia with a ten foot pole, i guarantee he will burn you. Zaharakis is a huge risk at his price, he could turn into a high scoring premium but at that price I don't think I'd be taking the gamble. I doubt Porplyzia will score well and you may be better off going with a rookie or trying to upgrade to Brown. I would wait on Saad until after the NAB, might be other first year rookies who have a much higher scoring potential than him.

Good luck.

1b69u.jpg

Any thoughts?

Looks handy. Good balance of Premiums and Rookies :thumbsu:

Sylvia misses Round 1 weeks via club suspension. Link -

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...cktail-of-strife/story-e6frf9io-1226179991604

Maybe a touch light in Rucks too IMO

1b69u.jpg

Any thoughts?

You are getting rusty Rhaz..... Sylvia has his club imposed banned round 1 i believe which may be a turn off? and yeah Moro not training full yet.

I like danger also, very risky in the rucks but you are obviously aware of that,

Maybe down grade Moro and sylvia to Danger then you can get a full upgrade of possibly a Saad up forward? with your bank of what is that now 300K??? guessing? so 400K odd on a forward? you might need to down grade wingard also to get a full premium forward....

edit - I dont like the high riced rookies personally, dont see the value

Ok, swapped out Didak

B: Goddard, Deledio, H.Shaw, J.Grimes, Buntine, Ellis, Spurr (Sierakowski, Blee)

M: Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Hodge, Pfeiffer, Shiel (Kavanagh, McDonald)

R: Sandilands, Kreuzer (Giles, Stephensen)

F: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, N.Riewoldt, J.Brown, Zorko, Smedts (Treloar, Rowe)

Ok, swapped out Didak

B: Goddard, Deledio, H.Shaw, J.Grimes, Buntine, Ellis, Spurr (Sierakowski, Blee)

M: Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Hodge, Pfeiffer, Shiel (Kavanagh, McDonald)

R: Sandilands, Kreuzer (Giles, Stephensen)

F: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, N.Riewoldt, J.Brown, Zorko, Smedts (Treloar, Rowe)

Rookies aside, seems OK.

Hodge could be a unique and is just as likely to go bang in a big way.

I'm still off Sandi because of injury concerns but you know he'll score well if on. My rucks are Mummy & Burger. I think they'll be in the top 3 rucks at teh end of the season.

Fyfe will struggle to maintain his value and form I reckon. Roo & Brown are interesting ones but I see them staying at home in FF a lot more this year which will affect their scoring. I think their days as top 5 fwds are gone.

23sxdaw.jpg

Very solid looking team

One suggestion spend the extra $40k to upgrade one of your rookies into M Clarke he is slated to play the Leon Davis role should be a nice cash cow for you.

Also not too sold on Butcher you are relying on the Port midfield to be able to get the ball down to him on a consistent basis something that could really struggle to happen. For 100k more you could get Christensen into your side and gain the flexibility of his MPP status

Ok, I've been slaughtering everyone else... ;)

So here's my team.......

Backs;
Deledio, Birchall, Goddard, Grimes, Clarke, B.Ellis, Wilkes,
Aylett, Brown

Mids;
Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Selwood, Kerridge, Pfeiffer,
Mitchell, Magner

Rucks;
Mumford, Burger,
Giles, Stephenson

Fwds;
Franklin, Goodes, Chapman, Cloke, Zorko, Treloar, Walsh
Lamb, Rowe

Thoughts? First draft. I will review some in return this evening from home.

Thanks!

eHKAT.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty happy with this team so far. Tried to stay away from risky players and gone for as many reliable premiums as possible.Rookies are dependent upon NAB cup performance and will no doubt make some changes there. $10,000 left in bank. Thoughts?

eVmQe.jpg

Very solid looking team

One suggestion spend the extra $40k to upgrade one of your rookies into M Clarke he is slated to play the Leon Davis role should be a nice cash cow for you.

Also not too sold on Butcher you are relying on the Port midfield to be able to get the ball down to him on a consistent basis something that could really struggle to happen. For 100k more you could get Christensen into your side and gain the flexibility of his MPP status

Yeah good call on Clarke, thinking behind Butcher is that no one else is going to kick their goals. Might go ok

Pretty happy with this team so far. Tried to stay away from risky players and gone for as many reliable premiums as possible.Rookies are dependent upon NAB cup performance and will no doubt make some changes there. $10,000 left in bank. Thoughts?

eVmQe.jpg

Pretty close to my time so therfore, that's an excellent team!!! You're almost certain to win the whole comp!!! ;)

Ok, I've been slaughtering everyone else... ;)

So here's my team.......

Backs;
Deledio, Birchall, Goddard, Grimes, Clarke, B.Ellis, Wilkes,
Aylett, Brown

Mids;
Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Selwood, Kerridge, Pfeiffer,
Mitchell, Magner

Rucks;
Mumford, Burger,
Giles, Stephenson

Fwds;
Franklin, Goodes, Chapman, Cloke, Zorko, Treloar, Walsh
Lamb, Rowe

Rowe coming back from shoulder reco so might have to keep an eye on him over NAB other than that a nice looking team

eVmQe.jpg

Nice team mate very similar to mine
Def: Like the four premiums I think they will be top six
Mid:I reckon this is your worst line Boyd and Barlow are risks I reckon but it is not to bad maybe you could swap boyd for Selwood,Swallow,Mitchell etc. But in saying that Boyd is a POD.
Ruc:Good choices Pretty standard like the 2 premiums instead of 1.
Fwd:Like it think buddy and chappy will have great years, Goodes probaly his normal self,only worry is Pav how will Ross Lyon effect his scoring.

Like all the Rookies

Good team mate and good luck this year.

Nice team mate very similar to mine
Def: Like the four premiums I think they will be top six
Mid:I reckon this is your worst line Boyd and Barlow are risks I reckon but it is not to bad maybe you could swap boyd for Selwood,Swallow,Mitchell etc. But in saying that Boyd is a POD.
Ruc:Good choices Pretty standard like the 2 premiums instead of 1.
Fwd:Like it think buddy and chappy will have great years, Goodes probaly his normal self,only worry is Pav how will Ross Lyon effect his scoring.

Like all the Rookies

Good team mate and good luck this year.

Thanks mate. I have the same feeling about my mids but im happy to stick with Boyd. Scores very well and not many people tend to pick him so could do me good against other mids if it comes down to the line. Barlow is a tough one, could go either way really. Going to keep an eye on Pav during the Nab and see how he goes under Ross Lyon.

So this is the side with my changes..

D: Goddard Scotland Deledio Shaw Lake Clarke S.Morris
Boseley Redpath
M: Ablett Murphy Selwood Kennedy McDonald Reid
Zorko L.Brown
R: Goldstein NicNat
Stephensen Giles
F: Franklin Johnson Cloke Brown Dick Walsh Folau
Lynch Staley

How's that looking?

Riksta obviously as you know NAB cup form will play a part in everyones rookies but afew you have their IMO don't make sense. someone like Boseley is no chance of playing this season.

With your premiums i don't mind most of them but their are a couple i would not be going near. At hes age i just don't think Scotland is worth it, whilst he could have similar output i just don't think the risk reward with him is worth it.

Jono Brown would be the other one but at hes price i can certainly understand the reasoning on buying him.

This is my team guys no doubt some gaps and risks but would love some feedback.

BACKS : Goddard, Deledio, Suckling, Grimes, Lake, Ma.Clarke, Spurr, Golds, S.Morris.

MIDS : Pendlebury, Murphy, Fyfe, Martin, S.Coniglio, D.Shiel, Docherty, L.Brown

RUCKS : Naitunui, Kreuzer, Giles, Stevenson

FORWARS : Franklin, Rioli, Gray, Le Cras, Ballantyne, Pfieffer, saad, Zorko, Trealor.

So this is the side with my changes..

D: Goddard Scotland Deledio Shaw Lake Clarke S.Morris
Boseley Redpath
M: Ablett Murphy Selwood Kennedy McDonald Reid
Zorko L.Brown
R: Goldstein NicNat
Stephensen Giles
F: Franklin Johnson Cloke Brown Dick Walsh Folau
Lynch Staley

How's that looking?

Don't mind this team
Def: Don't think scotland is worth the cash
Mid: Kennedy isn't great upgrade him
Ruc:Wouldn't choose either of those premiums
Fwd:There better choices than Johnson at his price,cloke will be up and down like a yo-yo and brad dick won't be starting the season

Riksta obviously as you know NAB cup form will play a part in everyones rookies but afew you have their IMO don't make sense. someone like Boseley is no chance of playing this season.

With your premiums i don't mind most of them but their are a couple i would not be going near. At hes age i just don't think Scotland is worth it, whilst he could have similar output i just don't think the risk reward with him is worth it.

Jono Brown would be the other one but at hes price i can certainly understand the reasoning on buying him.

This is my team guys no doubt some gaps and risks but would love some feedback.

BACKS : Goddard, Deledio, Suckling, Grimes, Lake, Ma.Clarke, Spurr, Golds, S.Morris.

MIDS : Pendlebury, Murphy, Fyfe, Martin, S.Coniglio, D.Shiel, Docherty, L.Brown

RUCKS : Naitunui, Kreuzer, Giles, Stevenson

FORWARS : Franklin, Rioli, Gray, Le Cras, Ballantyne, Pfieffer, saad, Zorko, Trealor.

Some very interesting picks there. My #1 rule is if you don't think they will be in the top 6 in their position by year end, don't pick them as a premium/keeper. Top 3 in the rucks. On the other hand, if you think there's value in a player, don't be discouraged by the fact that he's not $500k + at the start of the season.

That being said, I see the following problems for you;

Fyfe in the midfield. Surely better midfielders available. Martin is the same.

Will Kruezer OR Nic Nat be in the top 3 at end of year?

Will Gray, Le Cras or Ballantyne be in the top 6 fwds.

Take the punt on one of them if you like but I see you trading them out before the end of the season.

Some very interesting picks there. My #1 rule is if you don't think they will be in the top 6 in their position by year end, don't pick them as a premium/keeper. Top 3 in the rucks. On the other hand, if you think there's value in a player, don't be discouraged by the fact that he's not $500k + at the start of the season.

That being said, I see the following problems for you;

Fyfe in the midfield. Surely better midfielders available. Martin is the same.

Will Kruezer OR Nic Nat be in the top 3 at end of year?

Will Gray, Le Cras or Ballantyne be in the top 6 fwds.

Take the punt on one of them if you like but I see you trading them out before the end of the season.

Feedback would be much appreciated guys and girls...

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, H Shaw, Birchall, J Grimes, M Buntine, M Clarke, S Docherty, M Talia

Mids: G Ablett, S Thompson, Ziebell, Wingard, T Greene, E Kavanagh, J McDonald, T Mitchell

Rucks: McEvoy, Giles, Witts, Stephenson

Fwds: Franklin, Fyfe, O'Keefe, Martin, Zaharakis, Porplyzia, Smedts, Zorko, Treloar

Have 229k left in the kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back