Rate my SuperCoach team 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, just a rough plan on a team at this stage, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Backs - Goddard - Scotland - Deledio - Shaw - Suckling - Brandon ellis - lee spurr ( L.Brown, B.Wilkes )

Mids - Ablett - Dal santo - Rockliff - Murphy - Morabito - D. Shiel - (D.Pfeiffer , T.Mitchell)

Rucks - McEvoy - O. Stephensen - (Giles , Rowe)

Fwds - Buddy - Chapman - Martin - Zaharakis - Zorko - Smedts - Treloar - (A. Saad, T.Walsh)

Weak in the rucks but McEvoy could be the #1 ruck by end of the year. Personally, I'm going 2 guns off the bat but that's me.

Rockliff could be a masterstroke or the one you regret.

All very preliminary at this stage (haven't had that much of a chance to spend a lot of time on it yet). Still not 100% satisfied but would like some feedback from a few other people :thumbsu:

scteam.png

$123,500 in the bank too

Yeah, sorry, you have $123k in the bank because you have a bunch of spuds.

Waters, Trengove, Cooney, Gray, Clark. All have to go.

Either pick;

1. Rookies that are going to net you some cash.
  2. Fallen premiums (riewoldt, Brown)
  3. Out and out premiums (goddard, GAJ, Sandi)
  4. Or guys that you are certain WILL be premiums at the end of the season and are undervalued.
Anything else and you will be 20 trades down by the time rd 10 rolls around.

Hey guys, just a rough plan on a team at this stage, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Backs - Goddard - Scotland - Deledio - Shaw - Suckling - Brandon ellis - lee spurr ( L.Brown, B.Wilkes )

Mids - Ablett - Dal santo - Rockliff - Murphy - Morabito - D. Shiel - (D.Pfeiffer , T.Mitchell)

Rucks - McEvoy - O. Stephensen - (Giles , Rowe)

Fwds - Buddy - Chapman - Martin - Zaharakis - Zorko - Smedts - Treloar - (A. Saad, T.Walsh)

Looks good but think you need to take one from the backs and upgrade a ruck.

Have had a couple of shots but happy with this team until NAB Cup. Only major concerns are Hurn and Riewoldt. Picked Hurn as WC have an ok draw to start season and St Kilda have a same which is why I'm giving Riewodlt the early nod. Sydney have best start but not sold on Grundy.

B. Goddard, Sucking, Heppell, Hurn, Clarke, Ellis, Mohr (Smedts, Brown)

M. Pendlebury, Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Caddy, Docherty,(Kerridge, Mitchell)

R: McEvoy, Leuenberger, (Giles, Stephenon)

F: Franklin, Chapman, Martin, N Riewodlt, Porpyzia, Saad (Rowe, Dell'olio)

Yeah, sorry, you have $123k in the bank because you have a bunch of spuds.

Waters, Trengove, Cooney, Gray, Clark. All have to go.

Either pick;

1. Rookies that are going to net you some cash.
  2. Fallen premiums (riewoldt, Brown)
  3. Out and out premiums (goddard, GAJ, Sandi)
  4. Or guys that you are certain WILL be premiums at the end of the season and are undervalued.
Anything else and you will be 20 trades down by the time rd 10 rolls around.

Cheers mate, thanks for the feedback :thumbsu: However, as I said, I've been too busy to properly sort through everyone and decide who of the 'risks' will stay and who will be cut. A lot of that will ride on NAB Cup performances and other preseason form. I understand that my team is still very much incomplete, hence the reason for my $100,000 in the bank. Just letting you know that I finished in the top 1% of DT and top 3% of SC last year so I'm no amateur either :p

However, I would also like to take this opportunity to justify my 'poor' choices:

Waters - a bloke who can certainly play when fit and has proven he can score well in the past. Was injured most of last year, hence the lower average and price. If his form and fitness prove well in the preseason, should definitely increase his previous average of 71 by at least another 10 and prove a handy, cheap pickup. Also recommended by a few other outside sources such as Dr DT himself.

Trengove - a bloke who already scored well last year with an average of 88. Believed by many to be in that 2-3 year 'breakout' window where his average should explode past 100. Certainly has the talent to do this soon as a #2 draft pick too. The added pressure of captaincy could affect his performances for the better or worse so he'll definitely be one I'll be keeping my eye on in the NAB cup

Cooney - another former SC superstar, having previously averaged big scores. A Brownlow medallist too, keep in mind. Had his season last year ruined by injury and if he can keep himself fit should bounce back to top form. Still a very respectable average of 81 however. Will definitely be one to watch closely but for a mid-priced midfielder seemed as good an option as any, considering his history and ability.

Gray - whilst I am biased, a very underrated talent (like most non-vic players). Like most players on this list has had his career setback by injuries. Considering how poorly we finished last year, there's only one way up for the club and therefore the performances of the players. The offseason recruiting should only help this too. I think there'll be a few Port players who could prove to be relatively unique bargains. Of all these I think Robbie will be one of the biggest, finally properly 'breaking through'. His form was fantastic towards the end of the season and I sense the time is right to bring him in. Should improve his average of 90 from last year's injury-free season quite a bit I think. Also recommended by another source I read. Another to obviously watch in the NAB Cup closely

Clark - probably my most uncertain of the lot. Has scored well in the past so once again there's no reason why he can't bounce back. History suggests a change of club often does wonders for disgruntled and out of form players so for this reason Clark could be a wise decision. Going out of their way to recruit him, Melbourne obviously have plenty of roles and opportunities in mind for him. Will watch him moreso than anyone in the NAB cup but I'm confident a player of his ability can score more than 77 points a game next year

In saying all this, I will take some of your advice into account and will probably post updates in this thread as my team progresses.

This is only my first go. Was mostly me picking out a few and filling the rest up with random players.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

$367,300 left.
Dont take this the wrong way but i'd start again!

Keep first three in defence, get rid of all ur mids except maybe Wingard and Mitchell, to much cash sitting on the bench in the ruck pos and the forwards arn't terrible but drop out Griffiths. hope that helps:)

Ok so after doing abit more research! (keeping in mind im in Canada so im gettin the news at all different times to you guys) and this is what im relatively happy with so far, obviously would like to upgrade a few guys but they didnt give me enough money! lol
Also will keep an eye on NAB cup performances and rookie upgrades!

Ok so here what do u guys think?

DEF: B.Goddard, H.Scotland, B.Deledio, M.Suckling, J.Grimes, M.Clark, B.Ellis
Emg: T.Mohr, B.Smedts

CTR: G.Ablett, S.Thompson, B.Moloney, L.Hayes, K.Stevens, J.McDonald
Emg: D.Shiel, B.Lee*

RUCK: M.Leuenberger, M.Kruezer
Emg: J.Giles, O.Stephenson

FWD: L.Franklin, P.Chapman, J.Lewis, S.Sidebottom, J.Brown, A.Treloar, D.Zorko
Emg: S.Rowe, D.Pfeiffer*

*= Pending upgrade from Rookie List

Ive gone with a few non-common picks who will/predicted to (according to SC Gold) score well because im not one for having similar teams and plus i like to keep a few stars up my sleeve as trade targets when upgrading my Cash Cows!

P.S im heading out for dinner so will come back soon to rate a few sides as its only right that i do since u guys go out of your way to give opinions on mine!

Cheers
Nugget

2nd draft.

DEF: B Deledio (MID), G Broughton, J Grimes, E Wood, T Armstrong, C Guthrie, S Morris (B Smedts (FWD), L Brown (MID))

MID: A Swallow, J Selwood, B Goddard (DEF), P Dangerfield (FWD), J Melksham, A Gaff, (D Smith (FWD), D Shiel)

RUCKS: M Kreuzer, H McIntosh, (J Giles, O Stephenson)

FWDS: N Fyfe (MID), P Chapman (MID), D Martin (MID), J Lewis (MID), J Brown, A Christensen (MID), A Saad, (D Zorko (MID), A Kennedy (MID))

Thoughts people? Come at me.

1st draft goes like this so far.

DEF:- B Goddard. B Deledio. H. Shaw. C Enright. B Lake. T Mohr. W Sierakowski (B Ellis. B Wilkes)

MID:- G Ablett. T Rockliff. S Mitchell. J Selwood. D Shiel. E Kavanagh
(L Brown. T Mitchell)

RUCK:- M Leuenberger. H McIntosh (J Giles. O Stephensen)

FWD:- B Franklin. N Fyfe. D Martin. T Cloke. D Zorko. B Smedts. T Walsh (S Kerridge. S Rowe)

left with a $105,200 remainder salary cap.

3rd draft :D

B.Goddard, C.Enright, M.Suckling, G.Johncock, B.Lake, M.Clarke, S.Morris (B.Wilkes, L.Spurr)

G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, M.Murphy, D.Shiels, T.Mitchell, C.Smith (D.Zorko, L.Brown)

D.Cox, M.Kruezer (O.Stephenson, J.Giles)

A.Goodes, N.Fyfe, D.Martin, D.Zaharakis, J.Brown, J.Porplyzia, A.Saad (J.Elliot, T.Dickson)

About 100k left

2nd draft.

DEF: B Deledio (MID), G Broughton, J Grimes, E Wood, T Armstrong, C Guthrie, S Morris (B Smedts (FWD), L Brown (MID))

MID: A Swallow, J Selwood, B Goddard (DEF), P Dangerfield (FWD), J Melksham, A Gaff, (D Smith (FWD), D Shiel)

RUCKS: M Kreuzer, H McIntosh, (J Giles, O Stephenson)

FWDS: N Fyfe (MID), P Chapman (MID), D Martin (MID), J Lewis (MID), J Brown, A Christensen (MID), A Saad, (D Zorko (MID), A Kennedy (MID))

Thoughts people? Come at me.

Not bad at all.
Not sure about how many games Guthrie is likely to get? Most of the NAB Cup you'd think but unless one of of Hunt/Enright/Mackie go down.

Few risks there I see - could pay off pretty well. Dangerfield could breakout finally if he has a big NAB cup..

Like the Christensen pick he could turn it up again this year.

My 2nd draft:

Goddard, Scotland, Deledio
Lake, Buntine, Clarke, S.Morris [A.Forster, J.Allen]

Ablett, Selwood, D.Martin
Gibbs, Barlow, S.Coniglio [D.Shiel, J.McDonald]

Mumford, Leuenberger [J.Giles, Stephensen]

Franklin, Fyfe, Chapman
J.Gunston, D.Smith, D.Zorko, B.Smedts [Pfeiffer, Folau]

I do want more DPP in my midfield so i can swap with the fwds - so I need to do a bit of adjustment there.

Franklin after reading the article today on his midfield role could be even bigger this year, see Gunston's NAB form to confirm his spot!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BACKS: B.Goddard, B.Deledio, H.Shaw, S.Fisher, G.Broughton, M.Clarke, B.Ellis
S.Morris, B.Wikes

MIDS: G.Ablett, J.Selwood, J.Watson, A.Morabito, K.Stevens, J.McDonald
S.Docherty, D.Zorko

RUCKS: A.Sandilands, O.Stephensen
J.Giles, J.Jenkins

FWDS: L.Franklin, N.Fyfe, M.Pavlich, D.Martin, D.Zaharakis, A.Saad, T.Walsh
B.Smedts, S.Keridge

Feedback appreciated.

Cheers.

S.Morris, B.Wikes

S.Docherty, D.Zorko

J.Giles, J.Jenkins

B.Smedts, S.Keridge

Feedback appreciated.

Cheers.
Defense looks solid, but midfield is looking pretty light.
Rucks also weak but if the big 'O' works out you will look like a genius...
Am a fan of you fwd line also.

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Birtchall, Heppell, Buntine, M.Clark, B.Ellis
(Sierakowski, L.Brown)

Mid: Ablett, Selwood, Hodge, Barlow, Coniglio, Wingard
(Sheil, T.Mitchell)

Ruck: Mumford, Leuberger
(O.Stephensen, Giles)

Fwd: Franklin, Pavlich, Hurley, J.Riewoldt, Pfieffer, Sadd, Zorko
(Kerridge, A.Frank)

$248,700

I have way to much money left over and looking to upgrade one of (Pfieffer, Sadd, Zorko) just don't know to who...

Dont take this the wrong way but i'd start again!

Keep first three in defence, get rid of all ur mids except maybe Wingard and Mitchell, to much cash sitting on the bench in the ruck pos and the forwards arn't terrible but drop out Griffiths. hope that helps:)

cheers for the feedback.

Like i said, this is my first go at SC/DT, will have to scour the guides I guess. :D

S.Morris, B.Wikes

S.Docherty, D.Zorko

J.Giles, J.Jenkins

B.Smedts, S.Keridge

Feedback appreciated.

Cheers.

I like the three rookie ruck combo - something different. Not sure about Jenkins though. It will be interesting to see how a few of your rookies go through the NAB cup. Like all of us, it is guesswork at this stage.

Saying that, this is my team at the moment:

B: B.Goddard, B.Deledio, B.Waters, J.Grimes, B.Lake, M.Clark, S.Morris (B.Smedts, N.Blee)
C: G.Ablett, J.Selwood, P.Chapman, A.Cooney, L.Hayes, J.McDonald (D.Zorko, L.Brown)
R: M.Leuenberger, S.Jacobs (J.Giles, O.Stephensen)
F: L.Franklin, S.Johnson, D.Zaharakis, N.Riewoldt, J.Porplyzia, S.Byrnes, D.Pfeiffer (T.Walsh, S.Rowe)

I'm not up to date with how players are travelling with injuries etc, though I have left Didak out for this reason. I would like J.Brown in my side, but who to leave out? I am a bit 'light' on for proven performers in my defence, but at the same time may have 6 keepers. I guess you have to take a gamble somewhere...

Cheers mate, thanks for the feedback :thumbsu: However, as I said, I've been too busy to properly sort through everyone and decide who of the 'risks' will stay and who will be cut. A lot of that will ride on NAB Cup performances and other preseason form. I understand that my team is still very much incomplete, hence the reason for my $100,000 in the bank. Just letting you know that I finished in the top 1% of DT and top 3% of SC last year so I'm no amateur either :p

However, I would also like to take this opportunity to justify my 'poor' choices:

Waters - a bloke who can certainly play when fit and has proven he can score well in the past. Was injured most of last year, hence the lower average and price. If his form and fitness prove well in the preseason, should definitely increase his previous average of 71 by at least another 10 and prove a handy, cheap pickup. Also recommended by a few other outside sources such as Dr DT himself.

Trengove - a bloke who already scored well last year with an average of 88. Believed by many to be in that 2-3 year 'breakout' window where his average should explode past 100. Certainly has the talent to do this soon as a #2 draft pick too. The added pressure of captaincy could affect his performances for the better or worse so he'll definitely be one I'll be keeping my eye on in the NAB cup

Cooney - another former SC superstar, having previously averaged big scores. A Brownlow medallist too, keep in mind. Had his season last year ruined by injury and if he can keep himself fit should bounce back to top form. Still a very respectable average of 81 however. Will definitely be one to watch closely but for a mid-priced midfielder seemed as good an option as any, considering his history and ability.

Gray - whilst I am biased, a very underrated talent (like most non-vic players). Like most players on this list has had his career setback by injuries. Considering how poorly we finished last year, there's only one way up for the club and therefore the performances of the players. The offseason recruiting should only help this too. I think there'll be a few Port players who could prove to be relatively unique bargains. Of all these I think Robbie will be one of the biggest, finally properly 'breaking through'. His form was fantastic towards the end of the season and I sense the time is right to bring him in. Should improve his average of 90 from last year's injury-free season quite a bit I think. Also recommended by another source I read. Another to obviously watch in the NAB Cup closely

Clark - probably my most uncertain of the lot. Has scored well in the past so once again there's no reason why he can't bounce back. History suggests a change of club often does wonders for disgruntled and out of form players so for this reason Clark could be a wise decision. Going out of their way to recruit him, Melbourne obviously have plenty of roles and opportunities in mind for him. Will watch him moreso than anyone in the NAB cup but I'm confident a player of his ability can score more than 77 points a game next year

In saying all this, I will take some of your advice into account and will probably post updates in this thread as my team progresses.

Ok. Best of luck to you. But I still say, if your undervalued/midpricers are NOT going to be in the top 10 players for SC by the end of the year (In their respective positions), then you're wasting your time picking them from the start. All those players you mentioned probably will improve and score OK but none of them will make that elite level which will leave you lagging behind and burning trades.

I like the three rookie ruck combo - something different. Not sure about Jenkins though. It will be interesting to see how a few of your rookies go through the NAB cup. Like all of us, it is guesswork at this stage.

Saying that, this is my team at the moment:

B: B.Goddard, B.Deledio, B.Waters, J.Grimes, B.Lake, M.Clark, S.Morris (B.Smedts, N.Blee)
C: G.Ablett, J.Selwood, P.Chapman, A.Cooney, L.Hayes, J.McDonald (D.Zorko, L.Brown)
R: M.Leuenberger, S.Jacobs (J.Giles, O.Stephensen)
F: L.Franklin, S.Johnson, D.Zaharakis, N.Riewoldt, J.Porplyzia, S.Byrnes, D.Pfeiffer (T.Walsh, S.Rowe)

I'm not up to date with how players are travelling with injuries etc, though I have left Didak out for this reason. I would like J.Brown in my side, but who to leave out? I am a bit 'light' on for proven performers in my defence, but at the same time may have 6 keepers. I guess you have to take a gamble somewhere...

Good team. I'd be inclined to drop cooney & hayes for Barlow and another premium. Put Chapman to the fwds and get rid of SJ and use the money to upgrade waters. But that's me.

Franklin, Fyfe, Chapman

recommendations?

Franklin, Fyfe, Chapman

recommendations?

It's a pretty solid squad IMO. My knocks would be on some of your sub selections (Reckon there are better options than Forster, Allen and Folau at equivalent prices). Perhaps look to increase some positional flexibility amongst your mids (DPPs). Also, there is some great value in the ruck department this year (Hmac, Jamar, Hille, Jolly etc), Not sure if its necessary to spend huge $$$ on two starting rucks this year, and Mummy is at absolute premium price IMO.

Would really appreciate some more feedback on my team (page earlier).. Feel free to cut it apart.

Not bad at all.
Not sure about how many games Guthrie is likely to get? Most of the NAB Cup you'd think but unless one of of Hunt/Enright/Mackie go down

I reckon Guthrie is a good thing to be a regular this season. Chris Scott sent him a clear message of just how much he rates him by making him an EMG for the GF. He has gone on with it in the Preseason by having a big summer in the gym, and impressive training form. Good head on his shoulders, fits a need down back, and is versatile. I like him :D

This is my SC team.

B: Deledio, Heppell, Gilbert, A.Selwood, A.Johnson, Tuohy, M.Clarke [Mohr, Smedts]

M: Ablett (C), S.Mitchell (VC), Fyfe, Cotchin, Dangerfield, Coniglio [Shiel, T.Mitchell]

R: McIntosh, Stephenson [Giles, Witts]

F: Franklin, Robinson, Kennedy (Eagles), J.Brown, Ballantyne, Howe, Porplyzia [Zorko, Treloar]

I have $61,000 remaining in the salary cap.

My thought process for selecting the team was:

-Gilbert to have a decent season. He hasn't been under any scrutiny in the off-season so it would be reasonable to infer that footy has been in the forefront of his mind. Marty Clarke a bargain, I can see him getting games early on and playing a Kennelly-type role in the backline. Guys like Johnson and Tuohy look like they will improve, however Selwood is a uncertainty (contemplating replacing him with Wojcinski who seems a better player but is much older). As for the subs, I am not sure if Bugg is a better option than Mohr. Perhaps someone could enlighten me as to their prospects? And what are people's thoughts on Brian Lake?

-Plenty of firepower in the midfield. Fyfe will continue to improve and Cotchin/Dangerfield are likely to have breakout seasons this year. Have heard great things about Tom Mitchell so he's a keeper. Still unsure on how Coniglio will fare if Sheedy opts to play his more experienced campaigners (Scully, Ward, McDonald etc) ahead of him, therefore big doubts over Coniglio. Expecting colossal things from Ablett and Sam Mitchell.

-Going with cheap rucks, Stephenson is a no-brainer seeing he is $106k and will definitely be playing for the Cats come round 1. McIntosh for his price also seems like an excellent choice, plus I hear he has been faring well over the pre-season.

-Hearing about Buddy spending time in the midfield has convinced me to keep him in the side. Same reasoning for Ballantyne, I've read that he plans on playing midfield a lot this year. Mitch Robinson a points accumulator too. Still unsure about some of the lower-priced players in my forward line. Jonathan Brown and Porplyzia are risks I'm willing to take. They are both relatively cheap and are likely to increase in price. I have been tossing up on whether Gunston would be a better option than Jeremy Howe, who has been talked up a lot in the Dees camp. Uncertain about Josh Kennedy (WCE) being in there too.

Thoughts and feedback would be much appreciated :)

This is my SC team.

B: Deledio, Heppell, Gilbert, A.Selwood, A.Johnson, Tuohy, M.Clarke [Mohr, Smedts]

M: Ablett (C), S.Mitchell (VC), Fyfe, Cotchin, Dangerfield, Coniglio [Shiel, T.Mitchell]

R: McIntosh, Stephenson [Giles, Witts]

F: Franklin, Robinson, Kennedy (Eagles), J.Brown, Ballantyne, Howe, Porplyzia [Zorko, Treloar]

I have $61,000 remaining in the salary cap.

My thought process for selecting the team was:

-Gilbert to have a decent season. He hasn't been under any scrutiny in the off-season so it would be reasonable to infer that footy has been in the forefront of his mind. Marty Clarke a bargain, I can see him getting games early on and playing a Kennelly-type role in the backline. Guys like Johnson and Tuohy look like they will improve, however Selwood is a uncertainty (contemplating replacing him with Wojcinski who seems a better player but is much older). As for the subs, I am not sure if Bugg is a better option than Mohr. Perhaps someone could enlighten me as to their prospects? And what are people's thoughts on Brian Lake?

-Plenty of firepower in the midfield. Fyfe will continue to improve and Cotchin/Dangerfield are likely to have breakout seasons this year. Have heard great things about Tom Mitchell so he's a keeper. Still unsure on how Coniglio will fare if Sheedy opts to play his more experienced campaigners (Scully, Ward, McDonald etc) ahead of him, therefore big doubts over Coniglio. Expecting colossal things from Ablett and Sam Mitchell.

-Going with cheap rucks, Stephenson is a no-brainer seeing he is $106k and will definitely be playing for the Cats come round 1. McIntosh for his price also seems like an excellent choice, plus I hear he has been faring well over the pre-season.

-Hearing about Buddy spending time in the midfield has convinced me to keep him in the side. Same reasoning for Ballantyne, I've read that he plans on playing midfield a lot this year. Mitch Robinson a points accumulator too. Still unsure about some of the lower-priced players in my forward line. Jonathan Brown and Porplyzia are risks I'm willing to take. They are both relatively cheap and are likely to increase in price. I have been tossing up on whether Gunston would be a better option than Jeremy Howe, who has been talked up a lot in the Dees camp. Uncertain about Josh Kennedy (WCE) being in there too.

Thoughts and feedback would be much appreciated :)

mcintosh is the number 2 ruckman behind goldstein, cant see him racking up big numbers...ever.
ballantyne is so up and down, wouldnt waste my money.
its fine to say fyfe will improve as a player, but will he improve as a supercoach player? a lot of people get these 2 mixed up.
other than that the teams ok. except id get rid of brown, kennedy, gilbert, selwood and dangerfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back