Rate my team for 2010 (cont)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BACKS: Goddard, Fisher, Hodge, Suban, Everitt, Kennelly, Hunt (Shepperd, Davis)
MIDS: Selwood, O'Keefe, Cooney, Armitage, Swift, Trengrove (Morabito, Strauss)
RUCKS: Ottens, Hille (Warnock, Lobbe)
FWDS: Riewoldt, Goodes, Pavlich, Franklin, Waite, Ziebell, Dangerfield (Dennis-Lane, Walsh)

I'm taking a big gamble in the rucks on both Hille and Ottens but they are both elite when fully fit and I think they can both get there again.

My main queries are the following;

Everitt. Will he play many games this year? I was tossing up between him and Rance and I think Everitt is the way to go, providing he plays.

O'Keefe.
Can he do it again? Will he play in the midfield again this season or will he go back to bieng a half forward?

Goodes
. Will playing forward affect his scoring? With both White and Bradshaw could Goodes be free to roam the field ala Pav and Riewoldt?

I have 36,600 left so there is a little wiggle room and If I drop Goodes for say, Brown, then I have even more to play with.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't get Everitt if i were you. Might struggle to play all 22 games this year, although he has impressed this pre-season with his attitude so who knows. Either way, i can't see him as a DTer.

O'Keefe. With Goodes, Bradshaw and White now playing in the forward line, O'Keefe should have a permanent role in the midfield. Unless injury occurs or a wierd circumstance, he might go to the forward line, but i doubt it.

Goodes, if he plays CHF will dominate DT wise. Last 5 rounds of last year he averaged 128 playing in his CHF role. Absolutely dominated! I think he will start and play CHF this year, well i hope so anyway!!!

BACKS: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Sheppard, Waite, Hurn, Kennelly (maguire, p davis)
Midfield: Gibbs, Selwood, Martin, Cooney, Masten, Mcveigh (shuey, bastinac)
Rucks: Hille, Kreuzer (lobe, warnock)
Forwards: Riewoldt, Sylvia, Pavlich, Gumbelton, Higgins, Franklin, Dangerfield(tapscott, dennis lane)

wat do u reckon
advice boys cheers

BACKS: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Sheppard, Waite, Hurn, Kennelly (maguire, p davis)
Midfield: Gibbs, Selwood, Martin, Cooney, Masten, Mcveigh (shuey, bastinac)
Rucks: Hille, Kreuzer (lobe, warnock)
Forwards: Riewoldt, Sylvia, Pavlich, Gumbelton, Higgins, Franklin, Dangerfield(tapscott, dennis lane)

wat do u reckon
advice boys cheers

Looks alright as it is.

Best to change after the NAB Cup.

Let me know your thoughts please.:thumbsu:

B- Goddard, Hodge, Harbrow, Hurn, Krakouer, Kennelly, Ladson (Trengove, Davis)

M - Swan, Ablett, Hayes, Swallow, Trengrove, Martin (Shuey, Bastinac)

R - Kruezer, Tippett (Lobbe, Warnock)

F - Riewoldt, Pavlich, Higgins, Ziebel, Polkinghorn, Dangerfield, Wannaeamirri (Gumbleton, Tapscott)

Have 29300K in the bank

Any advise/comments/suggestions would be appreciated

What do you guys think?

thisc.png

Backs- Solid, but i dont know about schoenmakers

MID- Wayyyy to pricey, look to get some value in there and i dont know about rich, there isny much upside in him

Ruck- Warnock is to much of a Risk IMO as a 2nd ruck, as i said, downgrade a midfielder and get Kreuzer or Tippet or Hille

FWD- Thats a pretty good forward line, maybe try to squeeze Dangerfield in there

quoted the wrong team mate

Let me know your thoughts please.:thumbsu:

B- Goddard, Hodge, Harbrow, Hurn, Krakouer, Kennelly, Ladson (Trengove, Davis)

M - Swan, Ablett, Hayes, Swallow, Trengrove, Martin (Shuey, Bastinac)

R - Kruezer, Tippett (Lobbe, Warnock)

F - Riewoldt, Pavlich, Higgins, Ziebel, Polkinghorn, Dangerfield, Wannaeamirri (Gumbleton, Tapscott)

Have 29300K in the bank

Any advise/comments/suggestions would be appreciated

Not a bad effort, would get rid of Krakouer and get in Ellis. Cant see Krak improving much more while if Ellis stays fit he could easily become a keeper. Would downgrade Swan/Ablett/Hayes to a Pendlebury or Selwood and downgrade Swallow to a mid-pricer. Would then use that spare cash to upgrade Wona to a midpricer. Also Ladson mite not get up for round 1 so look at a Broadbent/Buckley for that slot:thumbsu:

Don't know about grimes and shaw. Shaw seems too old. Grimes is a 2nd year. Yeah he was awesome last year. But this year? At that price? vs. other options... yuck.
isn't H Shaw 24? and looking like he's moving into the midfield? and in a team where Didak, Swan and Davis will be recieving most of the attention? and a guy who's proven in the past he can score well? and only $365k? yep, stay away!

I wouldn't get Everitt if i were you. Might struggle to play all 22 games this year, although he has impressed this pre-season with his attitude so who knows. Either way, i can't see him as a DTer.

O'Keefe. With Goodes, Bradshaw and White now playing in the forward line, O'Keefe should have a permanent role in the midfield. Unless injury occurs or a wierd circumstance, he might go to the forward line, but i doubt it.

Goodes, if he plays CHF will dominate DT wise. Last 5 rounds of last year he averaged 128 playing in his CHF role. Absolutely dominated! I think he will start and play CHF this year, well i hope so anyway!!!

Thanks for the advice. Do you really think Everitt will struggle for games? He seems like such an elite talent and I would think that it's about time for him to stand up in the 22.

Axel I like your pick of Mackay, and I did have him, but as a Crows fan I can only see him lifting his average to around the 80 mark. So that is why I have changed to Ward, can see him averaging around the 85 mark. That is mainly due to the fact Ward seems to kick a few more goals and is a higher mark getter, Mackay will get around the same number of disposals however, just more handball recieves IMO. I guess see how each of them perform in the NAB cup, both quality picks and keepers this year.

Thanks for the advice. Do you really think Everitt will struggle for games? He seems like such an elite talent and I would think that it's about time for him to stand up in the 22.

It's hard to say. Last year he seemed to struggle to keep up and showed lack of commitment. I believe that was the main reason why he couldn't get consistent game time and was dropped on a few occasions.

From reports he has changed his attitude ten fold over the pre-season and has impressed Rocket. I guess it's just a matter of whether we can fit him in the team or not. Also what role will he play?

I would wait to see how he goes in the NAB cup before i would commit to Everitt. Its risky IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2jg40lg.png

Pretty happy so far. Don't know about ladson yet though.

Any changes people would make so far?

2jg40lg.png

Pretty happy so far. Don't know about ladson yet though.

Any changes people would make so far?

Osborne and Hodge have both said they're unsure if Ladson will be available round 1. you might have to look at Hunt or Broadbent..

if Trengove scores well in the NAB cup and is named round 1, can you afford not to have him in the midfield?

Sheppard and Gumbleton are iffy starting players i think. i wouldn't tell you to get rid of them just yet though. just keep an eye on their pre-season form and be wary of Gumby getting injured a few games in.

otherwise the 'core' team all looks fine.

What do you guys think?

thisc.png

Axel, these are the queries in my opinion on your team:

- Perhaps have Trengrove from port instead of webberly as your back bench player.

- Not sure shuey is going to give you great midfield backup if someone is a late withdrawl in your side. (if you can afford scully would be better, as he more certain to play. perhaps some cheapies will appear in NAB CUP)

- would go warnock instead of wade skipper.

- Overall the rest of your team pretty strong and love the unique pick of
N Krakouer and Mackay

Good luck

OK so this is my first attempt for the year. How exactly do you post the pic of your team? Anyway

Backs: Hodge, Hurn, Ellis, Rance, Kennelly, Myers, Ladson (B. Sheppard, P. Davis)
Mids: Hayes, Lewis, Cotchin, Kerr, Trengove, Martin (Morabito, Shuey)
Rucks: Ottens, Leuenberger (Charman, Cordy)
Forwards: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Franklin, Roughead, Ziebell, Veszpremi, Gumbleton (Tapscott, Dennis-Lane)

I have 924k left in the bank and I am wanting to upgrade Rance and Myers but not sure who for. Also thinking about upgrading Gumby to a premium and I will wait to see how Ottens is progressing

team210.jpg

Hey Guys please rate this team. I was considering on trading Selwood and down grade to a mid price in masten (any other mid prices feel free to tell me who I should get). If i do that then i can upgrade Josh Hunt and possibly upgrade Morabito to Trengove.

Yes agree you should swap morabito to Trengrove. Only other suggestion is get rid of Banner, as according to Monty on FanFooty he may not be ready to play in round 1. Then maybe go Hunt to Waters (but that could be bit of coin toss)

Otherwise its a very strong lineup

There is a very common occurance of the following players in a lot of sides being posted (inlcuding mine) so lets hope we got our selections right and these guys have a good start to the year:

Backs:
Kenelly
Ladson
Waters
Sheppard
Davis (Emerg)

Mids:
Masten or Swift
Trengrove
Martin
Scully and Schuey (Emerg)

Rucks:
Warnock (Emerg)
Lobbe (Emerg)

Forwards:
Ziebell
Gray
Dangerfield or Polkinghorne
Gumbleton
Dennis-Lane (Emerg)
Tapscott (Emerg)

Be interesting so see if many of these get swapped for the up and comers who show good potential in the NAB Cup.

Cheers and good luck to everyone.

Any thoughts/advice appreciated.......Have some $$'s left over....

Backs
Doughty
R Shaw
Gilbee
Birchall
Selwood
Kennelly
Ladson

Sheppard, Davis

Mids
Bartel
Boyd