Rate my team for 2010 (cont)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres my team, I think im relying to much on Draftees but w/e. Also thinking about switching Watts for Gumby.

team1.png

My opinion of your team is as follows:

1. I think you need to improve your captain options, especially in the midfield. I cannot see any of your current midfielders being captain material regularly.
2. Danyle Pearce will annoy you during the season. Once he is tagged heavily he just cannot seem to find the ball, as such he suffers very low scores such as around 30-40.

Thanks for your input. Much appreciated. Didn't know about Ladson's injury troubles. I agree I need to re-shuffle my backline. Again, thanks for the advice.

Thank you. My third year now so I have a bit of experience :thumbsu:

Yep. One of the best I've seen too. I ignored it hoping everyone else would.. If I were you I'd delete it from this thread or you're going to have a dozen copycats. :(

Downgrade watts to gumby and upgrade roughead, also I don't know about hall. Could be an unique pick

Will Gumby play senior footy this year? Apparently he is looking good but we hear it every year and then he gets injuried.

Watts has put a ton of muscle on and looks ready for a big year.

Hall. Exactly why I picked him. The first time the Bulldogs have had a big tall monster forward and with there quick ball movement, I can see him kicking big bags of goals regularly:thumbsu:

Cheers for the comments.

29pwz1c.jpg

Any comments much appreciated.

TBH it looks like a pretty average team to me.
* There is a HUGE lack of premiums there. Corey, Selwood, Pavlich and Black are just not enough.
* Rookies are not right either. Dennis-Lane, Lobbe, Davis, Martin and Trengove need to be in your team.
* I can't see any mid-pricers that would actually become keepers

team210.jpg

Hey Guys please rate this team. I was considering on trading Selwood and down grade to a mid price in masten (any other mid prices feel free to tell me who I should get). If i do that then i can upgrade Josh Hunt and possibly upgrade Morabito to Trengove.

@ Rancid Beasties
* Grimes, Waite, Hurley, Dalziell, Brennan, Riewoldt all iffy players
* and why put Higgins in the midfield?

@ Richo Gun
* A very solid team there. There are a few risky players but i'm sure every team has some of them.
* Rookies are spot on

Will Gumby play senior footy this year? Apparently he is looking good but we hear it every year and then he gets injuried.

Yes he will play.

Will he get injured? I ****ing hope not.

Perhaps a more apt question is how long is a piece of string?

He had a mild back twinge a couple of weeks ago at training but apparently this was nothing out of the ordinary for the operation he had. He played in the intraclub match a few days ago and kicked two or three goals.

Fingers crossed.

And toes.

Here's some initial thoughts (PS I hardly ever post here so I'm sorry if i've broken some rule or something. Thanks ;)):

I like the look of Brock McLean... and maybe Dalziell... but having lots of mid priced potential stagnant players (or even falling in value) is not very attractive. So it's the "how do you balance your team structure" that you can jump over all these attractive dudettes.

Obvious ones:
-Tadgh Kennelly
-Razzle Dazzle
-McLean
-Cooney
-Hille (?) - i don't like him, but i see him in a lot of people's posts
-Sam Fisher (?) - i used to always pick him over goddard first. This year i'm not making that mistake. Will accept the more expensive price if he does anything decent this year.
-Adam McPhee (i reckon stay away... but whatever)
-Beau Waters... very attractive... served me well a long time ago. Then was a complete spud.
-Marcus Drum (does he fit into the best 22?)
-Broadbent (overhyped?)

Hm.........

Anyway..... my four teams that i made to try to fit in the ones i wanted.... typically my structure is premiums which are locked in bar an injury for the entire season, a couple of people that are mid/low priced that should go up and the rest rookies. Obviously i'll swap around the rookies based on NAB performance.

Criticize the following (or just vote 1,2,3,4):

Team Config #1 (~$40k left i think):

teamconfig01.jpg

Team Config #2 (<$10k left):

teamconfig02.jpg

Team Config #3 (<$10k left):

teamconfig03.jpg

Team Config #4 (<$10k left):

teamconfig04.jpg

There's a lot of risk in some of those. And i'm mainly deciding to make my midfield the weakest as I see more value in the rookies there. Whereas backs/forwards/rucks have hardly anyone decent.

Last year I stacked my backs, had crappy forwards, 4 midfield rookies and Gazza and Swan starting. Worked out okay. But i would prefer better forwards despite the higher variance on their scores vs. premium midfielders given the lack of decent forward rookies.

At the moment i'm leaning towards Config #3 despite missing out on Mclean and Dalziell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BACKS: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Sheppard, Waite, Hurn, Kennelly (maguire, p davis)
Midfield: Gibbs, Selwood, Martin, Cooney, Masten, Mcveigh (shuey, bastinac)
Rucks: Hille, Kreuzer (lobe, warnock)
Forwards: Riewoldt, Sylvia, Pavlich, Gumbelton, Higgins, Franklin, Dangerfield(tapscott, dennis lane)

wat u think boys, thinking of trading pav

how do u upload ur team, sorry really need advice

1. Not sure if everyone else did this but i used the following steps:
  2. Press Print Screen on your keyboard while on the browser your team is on
  3. Open paint and press CTRL+V or click paste in Paint and crop down to normal size
  4. Upload image to photobucket and gain the direct link from image

Hey guys, just wondering about this team
Backs:
Gram
Enright
Hodge
Grimes
H Shaw
Kennely
Sheppard
(Webberley, Davis)

Mids:
Ablett
Selwood
Pendlebury
Masten
Martin
Trengove
(Shuey, Bastinac)

Rucks:
Kruzer
Hille
(Lobbe, Trengove)

Forwards:
Riewoldt
Pavlich
Sylvia
Knights
Gia
Dangerfield
Gumbleton
(Tapscott, Dennis-Lane)

anyone?

Heres my team, I think im relying to much on Draftees but w/e. Also thinking about switching Watts for Gumby.

team1.png
You're only starting one rookie.. thats crazy! Like you said. now your relying on many young players so unufortunatly if I were you I would change this team completely. Here are some thoughts that hopefully help:

Backline: Downgrade one of your 200k players too someone like Broadbent, Davis etc, and also downgrade Talia. Being a Crows fan he wont get many games being a first year rookie. I would suggest Sheppard or Moore (even though they arn't downgrades). Then with this change you can upgrade one of your other 200k players.

Midfield: Way too weak. Again same plan, downgrade a player too a rookie (in your case I would start two rookies including Scully) which will then allow you for another upgrade.

Forward: Strongest part in your team at this point, so you can keep it if you wish, but I would suggest to get rid of Hanson.

*Also remember that someone like Melksham can be downgraded to a Bastinac or something and you can make 30k*

You're only starting one rookie.. thats crazy!
Whats wrong with starting only one rookie, I have been pondering not even starting one. There is only a handful of rookies that i can see being in their sides best 22 atm whereas a lot of of the 2nd/3rd year players are already in their respective sides best 22 therefore u have better job security

BACKS: Goddard, Fisher, Hodge, Suban, Everitt, Kennelly, Hunt (Shepperd, Davis)
MIDS: Selwood, O'Keefe, Cooney, Armitage, Swift, Trengrove (Morabito, Strauss)
RUCKS: Ottens, Hille (Warnock, Lobbe)
FWDS: Riewoldt, Goodes, Pavlich, Franklin, Waite, Ziebell, Dangerfield (Dennis-Lane, Walsh)

I'm taking a big gamble in the rucks on both Hille and Ottens but they are both elite when fully fit and I think they can both get there again.

My main queries are the following;

Everitt. Will he play many games this year? I was tossing up between him and Rance and I think Everitt is the way to go, providing he plays.

O'Keefe. Can he do it again? Will he play in the midfield again this season or will he go back to bieng a half forward?

Goodes. Will playing forward affect his scoring? With both White and Bradshaw could Goodes be free to roam the field ala Pav and Riewoldt?

I have 36,600 left so there is a little wiggle room and If I drop Goodes for say, Brown, then I have even more to play with.

Thoughts?

Rowans Team
Backs- Solid, but i dont know about schoenmakers

MID- Wayyyy to pricey, look to get some value in there and i dont know about rich, there isny much upside in him

Ruck- Warnock is to much of a Risk IMO as a 2nd ruck, as i said, downgrade a midfielder and get Kreuzer or Tippet or Hille

FWD- Thats a pretty good forward line, maybe try to squeeze Dangerfield in there

BACKS: Goddard, Fisher, Hodge, Suban, Everitt, Kennelly, Hunt (Shepperd, Davis)
MIDS: Selwood, O'Keefe, Cooney, Armitage, Swift, Trengrove (Morabito, Strauss)
RUCKS: Ottens, Hille (Warnock, Lobbe)
FWDS: Riewoldt, Goodes, Pavlich, Franklin, Waite, Ziebell, Dangerfield (Dennis-Lane, Walsh)

I'm taking a big gamble in the rucks on both Hille and Ottens but they are both elite when fully fit and I think they can both get there again.

My main queries are the following;

Everitt. Will he play many games this year? I was tossing up between him and Rance and I think Everitt is the way to go, providing he plays.

O'Keefe. Can he do it again? Will he play in the midfield again this season or will he go back to bieng a half forward?

Goodes. Will playing forward affect his scoring? With both White and Bradshaw could Goodes be free to roam the field ala Pav and Riewoldt?

I have 36,600 left so there is a little wiggle room and If I drop Goodes for say, Brown, then I have even more to play with.

Thoughts?
Good Overall Team, maybe the forward are a bit expensive and Ottens is not durable enough to be a starting ruck, other than that a good team

Backs
1. Goddard, B
2. Enright, C
3. Hodge, L
4. Waite, J
5. Hurn, S

6. Kennelly, T
7. Sheppard, B

23. Davis, P
24. Trengove, J

Mids
8. Ablett, G
9. Pendlebury, S
10. Cooney, A
11. Masten, C
12. Ladson, R
13. Morabito, A

25. Shuey, L
26. Bastinac, R

Rucks
14. Jolly, D
15. Hille, D

27. Lobbe, M
28. Cordy, A

FWDS

16. Riewoldt, N
17. Johnson, S
18. Pavlich, M
19. Franklin, L
20. Hawkins, T
21. Dangerfield, P
22. Gumbleton, S

29. Moore, A
30. Dennis-Lane, T

I think that this team will be pretty much set for me with the exception of changing a few rookies around depending on NAB cup form and Ladson depending on his injuries.

Any inputs and suggestions would still be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back