Rate My Team for 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having Judd in wouldn't be too bad a move if you had a bench midfielder who'll score 60+ for the first 3 rounds though. With McLean releasing him to play a more outside role, Judd will probably be a good value pick which would make up for the few points you'd lose in the opening rounds. If he can get anywhere near the scores he did at West Coast, it would still be worth it. Which is why I hope for his sake this Marigliani guy goes alright.

Surely you would rather have Selwood for example instead of Judd and a rookie playing.

I mean if Selwood averages 105 and plays 22 for the year thats a total of 2310 points.

If Judd average 105 and plays 19 with the rookie getting 60 in those 3 weeks thats a total of 2175.

Thats a difference of 135 points at the end of the season which could be a major difference in your overall ranking

Having Judd in wouldn't be too bad a move if you had a bench midfielder who'll score 60+ for the first 3 rounds though. With McLean releasing him to play a more outside role, Judd will probably be a good value pick which would make up for the few points you'd lose in the opening rounds. If he can get anywhere near the scores he did at West Coast, it would still be worth it. Which is why I hope for his sake this Marigliani guy goes alright.

If you had cover for the first three rounds worth 60 points per game, and then Judd averaged 100 for the final 19 matches, you'd end up with 2080 points, at an average of 94.5. Considering that he's priced at 94.3, I don't see any value in this. For there to be value in selecting Judd, he'd have to push his average up towards elite status (110+), and as an inside mid I don't personally see that much scope for improvement in his scores.

If you had cover for the first three rounds worth 60 points per game, and then Judd averaged 100 for the final 19 matches, you'd end up with 2080 points, at an average of 94.5. Considering that he's priced at 94.3, I don't see any value in this. For there to be value in selecting Judd, he'd have to push his average up towards elite status (110+), and as an inside mid I don't personally see that much scope for improvement in his scores.

Hmm. For some reason I thought he was priced at 84.3. In that case, I'll shut the **** up and cormick should ignore me and listen to the rest of you. :thumbsu:

I don't think I'll be up anywhere near the top score, I just want to win my leagues. At the end of the year round 22, I'd prefer Judd playing for my grand final than Selwood. Albeit slightly!

I've thought about making teams like this, at they look good prior to Round 1, but if you consider all the players that won't be in your side, it doesn't look as appealing. You'll also miss out on value picks throughout the season unless you commit to sideways trading your 6th or 7th players away.

In this sort of structure, all your value picks come from the mids. Why would you care if you missed out on Ziebell if you already had someone like Pavlich in your side anyway.

I get where you're coming from about sideways trades. I don't think it's that big a problem, cause you're using less trades to upgrade the midfield only (say 10) so trading sideways in the other positions isn't as big a waste.

It's very high risk/high reward sort of team, and you'd have to absolutely nail the midfield improvers. For the record, this isn't the team I'll play with but if anyone was ballsy enough to do it it would be interesting to see how it went.

In this sort of structure, all your value picks come from the mids. Why would you care if you missed out on Ziebell if you already had someone like Pavlich in your side anyway.

I get where you're coming from about sideways trades. I don't think it's that big a problem, cause you're using less trades to upgrade the midfield only (say 10) so trading sideways in the other positions isn't as big a waste.

It's very high risk/high reward sort of team, and you'd have to absolutely nail the midfield improvers. For the record, this isn't the team I'll play with but if anyone was ballsy enough to do it it would be interesting to see how it went.

I think he means missing out on upgrading to fallen stars during the year (say Riewoldt/Brown/Didak fall to 320k). There is no way of trading these players in without committing a DT sin and side-ways trading 'keepers'. That might be where you were coming from so my apologies if that's what you meant.

$38k left over.....no doubt will change on a day by day basis......

Backs
Carrazzo
Hodge
Gilbee
Newman
Greenwood
Ladson
Kennelly

Maguire, Davis

Mids
Mitchell
Thompson
Cooney
Burgoyne
Palmer
Morabito

Trengrove, Bastinac

Rucks
Kreuzer
Mumford

Lobbe, Trengrove

Forwards
Riewoldt
O'Keefe
Harvey
Gia
Gray
Ziebell
Ballantyne

Gumbleton, Dennis-Lane

Nah, just a minor setback. Thet're just gunna be very carefull with him and I'd be very surprised if he played round 1

Fair enough. Even so, Burgoyne and Palmer in the same team is a massive risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, with all the extra money... i dont think we need to waste our time on the Burgoynes and Palmers. What killed me last year was the injuries- i had 30 (not joking) of them.

Im going to have 4 premiums in my midfield, start two rookies, and go midpricers everywhere else.

My other option is to go with premiums in forward and defence and have a cheap midfield- rich, swift, ward etc.

Then again, you really only want players that will improve on their average, and at worst be a premium that will keep their previous average and save you a trade.

Tough time of year.

Yeh I am starting with a similar approach. It is as follows;

Backs: 4/2/1
Midsfielders: 4/-/2
Rucks: 1/1
Forwards: 3/3/1

Quite like it, with $345,000 left over I am very unlikely to alter this structure.

Defense:

B. Goddard
C. Enright
L. Hodge
G. Birchall
N. Suban
T. Kennelly
R. Ladson
(B. Sheppard, P.Davis)

Midfield:

J. Selwood
S. Mitchell
B. Vince
T. Swift
R. Palmer
D. Martin
(L. Shuey, R. Bastinac)

Ruck:

D. Cox
K. Tippett
(M. Lobbe, J Trengove)

Forward:

L. Franklin
J. Brown
C. Sylvia
B. Hall
J. Ziebell
L. Henderson
S. Gumbleton
(T. Dennis-Lane, J. Podsiadly)

Leaves me with $78,600? Any suggestions?

Defense:

B. Goddard
C. Enright
L. Hodge
G. Birchall
N. Suban
T. Kennelly
R. Ladson
(B. Sheppard, P.Davis)

Midfield:

J. Selwood
S. Mitchell
B. Vince
T. Swift
R. Palmer
D. Martin
(L. Shuey, R. Bastinac)

Ruck:

D. Cox
K. Tippett
(M. Lobbe, J Trengove)

Forward:

L. Franklin
J. Brown
C. Sylvia
B. Hall
J. Ziebell
L. Henderson
S. Gumbleton
(T. Dennis-Lane, J. Podsiadly)

Leaves me with $78,600? Any suggestions?

good except for the forwards...massive risks there

Defense:

B. Goddard
C. Cornes
L. Hodge
H. Shaw
H. O'Brien
T. Kennelly
R. Ladson
(M. Broadbent, A. Smith)

Midfield:

D. Rich
S. Sidebottom
S. Wellingham
J. Trengrove
S. Scully
D. Martin
(M. Banner, Shuey, L)

Ruck:

J. White
K. Tippett
(T. Bellchambers, R. Warnock)

Forward:

A. Goodes
J. Ziebell
M. Pavlich
M. Hurley
S. Higgins
L. Henderson
S. Gumbleton
(T. Dennis-Lane, L. Tapscott)

What do you all think?

I think my midfield is a litte weak as there are lot of rookies, i have enough money to change it around but yeah tell me what you think.

My first 'real' team of the year.

Backs:
Goddard
Enright
Fisher
Hodge
Ellis

Ladson
Waters
Sheppard
Davis

Swan
Cassisi
Cooney

M. McVeigh
Trengove
Martin
Cunnington
Shuey

Ryder
Warnock
Lobbe
Trengove

Riewoldt
Pavlich
Franklin
R. Murphy
Rioli
Gray
(will probably upgrade one of those two at some point, just not sure which yet)
Ziebell
Tapscott
Weedon

Well i said i will wait until it officially opened before i make my team.

This is my first draft, took me about 1 hour and 20 minutes to come up with. It is very likely to change, alot of these picks are going to be based on NAB cub form/role.

Please feel free to critque my first draft.

Backs: Hodge, Enright, Carrazzo (?), Harbrow, Kennelly, Ladson, Waters, (Davis, Maguire)
Mids: Bartel, Pendlebury, Cooney, Dalziel, Ward, Trengrove, (Martin, Shuey)
Rucks: Sandi, Kruzer, ( Lobbe, Trengrove)
Forwards: ROK, Pav, J.Brown, Gia, Ziebell, Dangerfield, Tapscott, (Dennis-Lane, Gumbleton)

Like i said this is my first draft and will most likely change quite abit, pending on NAB cup. But any advice on it would be appreciated! :thumbsu:

Backs:

P Duffield
H Shaw
L Hodge
X Ellis
T Kenelly
M Brown
R Ladson

(B Waters/P Davis)

Mids:

D Swan
S Pendlebury
K Cornes
A Cooney
T Swift
T Scully

(S Blease/ D Martin)

Rucks:

K Tippett
M Kreuzer

(M Lobbe)

Fwds:

M Pavlich
L Franklin
R Gray
P Medhurst
J Ziebell
T Walker
C Mayne

(L Tapscott/ T. Dennis-Lane)

51k left over.

Def - Broughton , Hodge , MJohnson , Grima , Hurley , Hooker , MMaguire
( 2 rookies )

Mid- Swan , J Selwood , Gibbs , Anthony , Sidebotton , Scully ( 2 high end rookies )

Ruck - Clark , Jesse White - McEvoy , Cordy

Forward - Riewoldt , Okeefe , Didak , Franklin , Walker , Watts , DennisLane (2 rookies )

First crack at my team, will no doubt mabye change a little over NAB cup, pick away at it and tell me what you think?

BACKS:

GODDARD
ENRIGHT
HODGE
H.SHAW

SUBAN
KENNELLY
LADSON

Sheppard
Davis

MIDS:

PENDLEBURY
SELWOOD
MITCHELL

WARD
MARTIN
TRENGOVE

Morabito
Bastanic

RUCKS:

KRUEZER / TIPPETT

FOWARDS:

O'KEEFE
PAVLICH
HARVEY

ZIEBELL
POLKINGHORNE
DANGERFIELD
GRAY

Dennis - Lane
Gumbleton

Enright
Fisher
Hodge
Shaw
McLeod
Birchall
Suban
Sheppard
Davis

Pendlebury
Selwood
Thompson
Wells
Cotchin
Trengove
Martin
Bartlett

Kreuzer
Ottens
Lobbe
Trengove

Pavlich
Harvey
Gray
Medhurst
Zeibell
Dangerfield
Woanaemirri
Denis-Lane
Gumbleton

Intersting to see how Wonna is going towards the start of the season, been injured but last I heard they were expecting him to be ready for rd 1 and i think he'd be a bargain if that were the case.

Midfield is a bit light but i think there are plenty of upgrade options there

Gopower - you rate Cassisi highly. I like the patriotism with that selection. No one else will have him.

Waters, Ladson and Ellis in the same defence is a risk. I guess just watch the pre-season closely.

You could very easily get burnt wasting trades on rucks too.

Just my two bobs worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back