Rate My Team for 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone take a look at mine and tell me what you think please?

Ok where to start,

Backs: Look good IMO except you are wasting money on your bench by having Broadbent there i would bring him onto the field (someone who i consider to be a good cash cow this year) and downgrade Cornes down to someone like Phil Davis (Cornes has had durability concerns -playing 18, 13, 25, 19, 19 games past 5 years- in the past and hes getting older now will start slowing down not a Keeper IMO). This also leaves you with 850k to burn on the rest of your team.

Midfield: Not your strongest line you have the money. Use it. Im not sure Rich will increase his average enough on last year to be considered a keeper and is not the best cash cow option. There are also better options around Sidebottom's price. I would upgrade one of these two to an underpriced premium say Cooney then another to a durable premium say S. Mitchell. You will still have 590k left (or something like that).

Rucks: Tippett is a popular choice this year so wouldnt worry too much about him unless NAB cup puts you off. Jesse White is a KPF he will be inconsistent and I think with the addition of Bradshaw (and possibly Goodes) to the Sydney forward line he will not improve a lot. He could be upgraded to the popular Kreuzer or you could up that to a Sandilands or Ryder. Leaving you (lets assume you took Ryder) 440k left to improve your forward line.

Forwards: Looks weak TBH Pavlich and Gia are the only definate Keepers and Ziebell and Danerfield have potential to improve enough. I dont see the hype around selecting Jack Watts this year he is still a young KPP and while he will get opportunities this doesnt necesserily mean he will score well so I would upgrade him to a solid premium ROK maybe. Meaning you have 200k (ish) to upgrade one of your other forwards but its up to you if you want to keep the money. You could turn Hurley into a high premium or improve Gumbleton to a mid range cash cow. Up to you.

Hope that helped.

But remember this is just my opinion if you disagree then fine its your team trust your instinct.

dreamteam.jpg

have $13,000 left any advice to any upgrades/downgrades i need to do?

bump?

Here we go again........any thoughts appreciated.....obviously some injury concerns and form in the NAB cup will be interesting.......

Backs

Carrazzo
Hodge
Gilbee
Newman
Greenwood
Kennelly
Ladson

Maguire, Davis

Mids

Mitchell
Thompson
Cooney
Dalziell
Young
Morabito

Trengrove, Bastinac

Rucks

Kreuzer
Mumford

Trengrove, Lobbe

Forwards

Riewoldt
O'Keefe
Pavlich
Gia
Gray
Ziebell
Ballantyne

Dennis-Lane, Gumbleton

Craigy I'm not going to quote this rather just have it on a quick reply so i can directly access the image of your team, so this is some of my feedback on your team.

Firstly, You've got your midfield structure wrong in my opinion with Prismall. Personally, I strongly believe at the start of the year your midfield should be the weakest part of your team because it is the easiest to upgrade due to the excessive amounts of cash you can make in it. So i would be downgrading Prismall to a midpricer in Dalziell/Swift/Palmer/Ward (See Player X or Y thread for best out of the 4)

With the money you have made from that, I would be upgrading your backline. To be honest, It looks like it could crumble. Very injury prone backline. Ladson, Kennelly, Hodge and Hurley have all just come off injury restrictened seasons or have been out of the game for a while. I would be getting rid of Hurley and upgrading him with the spare cash for a premium. Personally, I quite like the option of Rhyce SHaw and he is in my team. :thumbsu:

My last point is regarding Gia... Personally, I don't like that selection at all. He has proven in the past to have injury problems and be at times a very inconsistent scorer. He is only getting older and I feel there a much better options.

Sorry that this feedback seems a tad negative, because apart from that I see a lot of potential in your team :thumbsu:

Ok where to start,

Backs: Look good IMO except you are wasting money on your bench by having Broadbent there i would bring him onto the field (someone who i consider to be a good cash cow this year) and downgrade Cornes down to someone like Phil Davis (Cornes has had durability concerns -playing 18, 13, 25, 19, 19 games past 5 years- in the past and hes getting older now will start slowing down not a Keeper IMO). This also leaves you with 850k to burn on the rest of your team.

Midfield: Not your strongest line you have the money. Use it. Im not sure Rich will increase his average enough on last year to be considered a keeper and is not the best cash cow option. There are also better options around Sidebottom's price. I would upgrade one of these two to an underpriced premium say Cooney then another to a durable premium say S. Mitchell. You will still have 590k left (or something like that).

Rucks: Tippett is a popular choice this year so wouldnt worry too much about him unless NAB cup puts you off. Jesse White is a KPF he will be inconsistent and I think with the addition of Bradshaw (and possibly Goodes) to the Sydney forward line he will not improve a lot. He could be upgraded to the popular Kreuzer or you could up that to a Sandilands or Ryder. Leaving you (lets assume you took Ryder) 440k left to improve your forward line.

Forwards: Looks weak TBH Pavlich and Gia are the only definate Keepers and Ziebell and Danerfield have potential to improve enough. I dont see the hype around selecting Jack Watts this year he is still a young KPP and while he will get opportunities this doesnt necesserily mean he will score well so I would upgrade him to a solid premium ROK maybe. Meaning you have 200k (ish) to upgrade one of your other forwards but its up to you if you want to keep the money. You could turn Hurley into a high premium or improve Gumbleton to a mid range cash cow. Up to you.

Hope that helped.

But remember this is just my opinion if you disagree then fine its your team trust your instinct.

Well before you said that i have changed my team a little, this is what i have changed, tell me what you think,

Out - C. Cornes
IN - B. Houli

OUT Scully
IN Bastinac

In Jolly Kruezer
OUT Tippet, White.

Out Hurley Watts
IN Riewoldt Franklin

132k left, what you think?

My Current Team :D... Lovin' Dream Team 2010!

Defenders: Goddard, Enright, R. Shaw, Hodge, McPhee, Kennelly, Ladson
R: A. Smith, Webberly

Midfielders: Gibbs, Selwood, McLean, Dalziell, Trangove, Martin
R: Shuey, Bastinac

Rucks: Tippett, Kreuzer
R: Lobbe, Trengove

Forwards: Riewoldt, Goodes, Pavlich, Franklin, Rioli, Dangerfield, TDL
R: Tapscott, Davis

Thoughts?

Here's my team. What changes should i do?

Backs: C.Cornes, Fisher, Adcock/Gilbee, Hodge, Mcgrath, Suban and A.Moore.

Midfield: Bartel, Cassisi, Cooney, Higgins, Swift/Kerr and Scully.

Rucks: White and Tippett.

Forwards: Brown, Franklin, Pavlich, Rioli, Gray, Polkinghorne and Dangerfield.

I will just pass comment on the above bold players and Cunnington.

Sheppard - Starting a rookie in the backs can be dangerous, but it is really a wait and see approach with Sheppard. I would recommend designing a team without starting a rookie in the backs, just incase he does not play in round 1.

Will be an interesting one.

A number of rookies are Def/Fwd interchangeable - so their is a good chance that when all your back rookies get dropped (which happens every year) - you can switch one of your forward rookies in.

I personally have 3 def rookies at this stage - one of whom is maguire.

I also have 2/3 in my fwd's who can swing back if need be.. Not planned that way - just is!

Here's my team. What changes should i do?

Backs: C.Cornes, Fisher, Adcock/Gilbee, Hodge, Mcgrath, Suban and A.Moore.

Midfield: Bartel, Cassisi, Cooney, Higgins, Swift/Kerr and Scully.

Rucks: White and Tippett.

Forwards: Brown, Franklin, Pavlich, Rioli, Gray, Polkinghorne and Dangerfield.

One at a time champ... :p

Can you please assess my team and provide some constructive criticisms/ideas. I have 44k in my bank.
Backs:
Enright Carrazzo S. Fisher Hodge Kennelly Ladson Sheppard

(Webberly, Davis)

Mids:
J. Selwood Vince K. Cornes Dalziell Scully J.trengove

(D.Martin, Shuey)

Rucks:
Kreuzer, Tippett

(Lobbe, Warnock)

Forwards:
ROK, J.brown, Pavlich, Rioli, Ziebell, Dangerfield, Giansiracusa

(Tapscott, Dennis-lane)

Look forward to hearing thoughts

Axel, I dont mind it seems to be pretty standard to me, except chad cornes imo no good and needs to go!. White in the rucks is also a huggggge risk.

swans4eva, i like your forwards should be solid and pretty durable, rucks same as mine and good value in the backs.
Now that i have helped you guys a little its my turn

Backs

Gram (will score more than fisher)
Goddard (number one back must have)
Hodge (juicy)
S. Selwood (also juicy)
Nick Suban (not sure)
Alex Rance (apparently he has learnt to kick)
Rick Ladson (juciest)

Shepphard
Davis

Mids
Gibbs (captain)
Armitage (if he is in the best 22 he is a must pick saints board raving about him)
Swift (oh god yes)
Palmer (not sold yet PS)
Trengrove
Martin

Mariboto
Bastinac

Rucks
Tippet
Kreuzer

Lobbe
A. Browne

Forwards
THE VOLDT
Pavlich
Bate
Gray
Ziebell
Ballantyne
Dangerfield

Gumbleton
TDL

Have got 370k left in the bank and will go one of the lower backs up to adcock or carrazo i think as well as one of the midfielders to joel selwood. that will make the team look alot stronger but i cant leave them out at this stage lmk

I will just pass comment on the above bold players and Cunnington.

Sheppard - Starting a rookie in the backs can be dangerous, but it is really a wait and see approach with Sheppard. I would recommend designing a team without starting a rookie in the backs, just incase he does not play in round 1.

Cooney - Seems to be under priced, but I am unsure about his preseason, really watch to see if he is having a full preseaon before selecting him.

Masten - If you select Masten, you're hoping he will average 95+ ppg and be your 6th midfielder. His junior years should he could score big, but you would hope he becomes a more outside mid and also that he is over his injury issues. I would consider maybe a cheaper stepping stone option, a player that you will upgrade.

Volt - He is potentially fully priced and would not to improve his average from last season by 10% to maintain his price. If you're willing to accept this potential drop in price, then go for gold. Still he is a tall forward and over the years they have shown the ability to drop in price at some point during the season.

Cunnington - He has some injury issues, so watch the preseason on his recovery, but he should be a tackling machine at AFL level.

Thanks so much legend haha! Yeah reiwoldt was another concern for me. Who should i replace him with tho? i originally had J Riewoldt but he would go down as another "unsure" player

Personally I think Riewoldt looks awesome! His first full pre season in two years. He's a lock in my team despite his price... You know what you are going to get and i think you need to pay the extra bit for certainty of brilliance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Backs

Gram (will score more than fisher)
Goddard (number one back must have)
Hodge (juicy)
S. Selwood (also juicy)
Nick Suban (not sure)
Alex Rance (apparently he has learnt to kick)
Rick Ladson (juciest)

Shepphard
Davis

Mids
Gibbs (captain)
Armitage (if he is in the best 22 he is a must pick saints board raving about him)
Swift (oh god yes)
Palmer (not sold yet PS)
Trengrove
Martin

Mariboto
Bastinac

Rucks
Tippet
Kreuzer

Lobbe
A. Browne

Forwards
THE VOLDT
Pavlich
Bate
Gray
Ziebell
Ballantyne
Dangerfield

Gumbleton
TDL

Have got 370k left in the bank and will go one of the lower backs up to adcock or carrazo i think as well as one of the midfielders to joel selwood. that will make the team look alot stronger but i cant leave them out at this stage lmk

Good looking team.

Only change imo should be Rance.

And hope one of your midfield emergencies play till round 7 because Palmer is due to come back then.

Thanks so much legend haha! Yeah reiwoldt was another concern for me. Who should i replace him with tho? i originally had J Riewoldt but he would go down as another "unsure" player

If you were to remove Volt, it probably should be to another "premium", but maybe a player that you view will increase their average from 2009 -> 2010.

Then again, the selection of Volt can be purely because you want a player to score high and play 22 games in the season. This could be enough to justify the selection of Volt.

Last year, I selected Enright as a player that I thought would maintain his average and play 22 games. He did not have a heap of upside, but he was on the cheaper end of the premiums. I was willing to accept his slight negative value, just for security.

If you like Volt, keep the guy, there are plenty of players which I would deem to be a potentially bad choice and Volt never really falls into that category.

:mad:
Apparently he re-injured his leg in training.

Even when he does come back and play i doubt he'll play as good due to having an interrupted pre-season.
Im happy with that, i didnt want to pick him but he was tooo cheap!! how did i miss that one ok now im going palmer > selwood and my mids looks alot stronger

B: B Goddard, C Enright, A Carrazzo, J Gram, L Hodge, T Kennelly, R Ladson (B Sheppard, PDavis)

M: S Thompson, D Cross, K Cornes, S Burgoyne, J Trengrove, D Martin (L Shuey, R Bastinac)

R: A Sandilands, K Tippet (M Lobbe, J Trengrove)

F: M Pavlich, D Gianciracusa, L Franklin, R Murphy, B Hall, P Dangerfield, S Gumbleton (TDL, L Tapscott)

$75,100 remaining. Thoughts?

Well before you said that i have changed my team a little, this is what i have changed, tell me what you think,

Out - C. Cornes
IN - B. Houli

OUT Scully
IN Bastinac

In Jolly Kruezer
OUT Tippet, White.

Out Hurley Watts
IN Riewoldt Franklin

132k left, what you think?

I dont know much about B. Houli TBH but I'm not entirely sure on job security (please clarify with an Essendon supporter they are bound to know more than me) having said that i would still downgroad him to Davis and put Broadbent on the field giving you extra money to upgrade elsewhere.

I would use the leftover money to upgrade one of Sidebottom or Rich turn them into a premium.

Rucks :thumbsu: durable and should hold or improve their averages good solid combo.

Read Tarquin's comment regarding Voldt (its spot on IMO). And by bringing in Franklin you do realise you will be playing 2 rookies on the field in Round 1.

But much improved good work.

All I can suggest at this stage mate is that you do a bit of reading through the forum on DT structure etc. I only started to do this properly last year and it has paid dividends boosting my ranking significantly. Dream team is also about getting your team balanced throughout the positions. Eg: Your midfield is miles ahead of your backs and forwards. So you will score many points in the midfield but it will hurt in the backs and forwards with you scoring zeroes. Take a look at some of the teams on this thread and you will see what I mean :thumbsu:

B: B Goddard, C Enright, A Carrazzo, J Gram, L Hodge, T Kennelly, R Ladson (B Sheppard, PDavis)

M: S Thompson, D Cross, K Cornes, S Burgoyne, J Trengrove, D Martin (L Shuey, R Bastinac)

R: A Sandilands, K Tippet (M Lobbe, J Trengrove)

F: M Pavlich, D Gianciracusa, L Franklin, R Murphy, B Hall, P Dangerfield, S Gumbleton (TDL, L Tapscott)

$75,100 remaining. Thoughts?

Good looking team.

Just upgrade Gumbleton imo can't see him playing more than 10 games in 2010.

Best player to upgrade would probably be Wona at 138, Butcher at 129 or Talia at 109.

Good looking team.

Just upgrade Gumbleton imo can't see him playing more than 10 games in 2010.

Best player to upgrade would probably be Wona at 138, Butcher at 129 or Talia at 109.
I am not sure about the other two, but I am pretty certain Talia won't give you a better output than Gumbleton this year, can only see him playing 5-10 games with Davis, Mckernan and other youngsters ahead of him atm. Although you never know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back