Porplyzia (Adel)
LeCras (WC)
Kennedy (WC)
Dangerfield (Adel)
Watts (Melb)
Tapscott (Melb)

Gumbleton (Ess)
Stewert (PA)

I personnaly feel I have a shit forward line, but I feel I have some good people who can gain money allowing upgrades to come from week 3 onwards.

I feel I have a good amount of Geelong mids to carry me through those first few weeks, while my forward line is poor.

Good grief. No offence, but it looks like you've gone out of your way to select the most injury-prone players you can.

there is alot of players there that were only injured last year who have had there prices drop, alot of them scored well the year before.

This is my first ever attempt at a DT lineup. Thoughts?

sydneyuniswans.jpg

Here's a team that doesn't look too bad on paper, although I could take Swan and Ablett down to Pendles and Stanton/Vince and upgrade my 7th forward:

Backs:

Carrazzo
Hodge
Duffield
Ellis
Kennelly
Waters
Ladson

McGuire
Davis

Centres:

Swan
Ablett
Bartel
McLean
Trengove
Martin

Bastinac
Banner

Rucks:
Clark
Ottens

Warnock
Lobbe

Forwards:
Goodes
Sylvia
Brown
Franklin
Murphy
Ziebell
Dennis-Lane

Gumby
Tapscott

What do you reckon?

This is my first ever attempt at a DT lineup. Thoughts?

sydneyuniswans.jpg

Nice first attempt at a dreamteam! However you still have some issues with some players. Harry O'Brien doesn't score too well he rarely gets past the 70's and scores more 40's and 50's in dreamteam.

Same applies to Dawson, maybe you can add to your budget if you swap out your midfield bench (Lucas, Trengrove) with people around the 93k mark who can get some games this season (Shuey, Banner) and possibly replace Brad Sheppard for Phil Davis who has had many positive reviews over the summer and looks like a certain to play 10+ games for the crows this season.

With all your extra cash upgrade O'Brien to a quality back.

Here's a team that doesn't look too bad on paper, although I could take Swan and Ablett down to Pendles and Stanton/Vince and upgrade my 7th forward:

Backs:

Carrazzo
Hodge
Duffield
Ellis
Kennelly
Waters
Ladson

McGuire
Davis

Centres:

Swan
Ablett
Bartel
McLean
Trengove
Martin

Bastinac
Banner

Rucks:
Clark
Ottens

Warnock
Lobbe

Forwards:
Goodes
Sylvia
Brown
Franklin
Murphy
Ziebell
Dennis-Lane

Gumby
Tapscott

What do you reckon?

Your team looks very solid! My only suggestion is that you keep an eye on the NAB cup for possible rookie changes. Also maybe change ruckman as Ottens body is getting on with age and Clarke's score may change with a position change due to the addition of the injury free ruckman. Good Luck for season 2010:thumbsu:

Just made my team about 15 mins ago and this is what it looks like (any feedback and help would be good, its only my second year doing this);

Backs:
C. Enright
A. Carrazzo
L. Hodge
A. McPhee
T. Kennelly
R. Ladson
B. Waters
(B. Sheppard, P. Davis)

Mids:
G. Ablett (c)
A. Cooney
B. McLean
B. Dalziell
R. Palmer
J. Trengrove
(D. Martin, L. Shuey)

Rucks:
H. McIntosh
B. Ottens
(M. Lobbe, J. Fitzpatrick)

Forwards:
N. Riewoldt
J. Brown
M. Pavlich
L. Franklin
R. Gray
J. Ziebell
S. Gumbleton
(L. Tapscott, T. Dennis-Lane)

I also have 78,500 left in the bank, I was hoping to have 150 - 200k spare going into the start so any help would be great... thanks...

Backs:

Carrazzo
Hodge
Duffield
Ellis
Kennelly
Waters
Ladson

McGuire
Davis

Centres:

Swan
Ablett
Bartel
McLean
Trengove
Martin

Bastinac
Banner

Rucks:
Clark
Ottens

Warnock
Lobbe

Forwards:
Goodes
Sylvia
Brown
Franklin
Murphy
Ziebell
Dennis-Lane

Gumby
Tapscott

What do you reckon?
best team i'v seen on here mate..
i would defintly trade ottens though
but very good effort
i think your on the money with getting pendles and vince (would prefer him over stants)
that way you can upgrade dennis-lane and then your first two upgrades of the season could be your rookie mids to swan ablett who are more than likely going to fall in price rather than rise.
obviously generating the cash to do these upgrades will be tough but i think you have the right rookies (for now.. until nab) and i think it will work out better in the long run

Well i said i will wait until it officially opened before i make my team.

This is my first draft, took me about 1 hour and 20 minutes to come up with. It is very likely to change, alot of these picks are going to be based on NAB cub form/role.

Please feel free to critque my first draft.

Backs: Hodge, Enright, Carrazzo (?), Harbrow, Kennelly, Ladson, Waters, (Davis, Maguire)
Mids: Bartel, Pendlebury, Cooney, Dalziel, Ward, Trengrove, (Martin, Shuey)
Rucks: Sandi, Kruzer, ( Lobbe, Trengrove)
Forwards: ROK, Pav, J.Brown, Gia, Ziebell, Dangerfield, Tapscott, (Dennis-Lane, Gumbleton)

Like i said this is my first draft and will most likely change quite abit, pending on NAB cup. But any advice on it would be appreciated! :thumbsu:

Im very tempted to Downgrade Ward for Bastinac, place Martin on the field and then upgrade Waters to anyone <$403g. I am tossing up between Mackie/S.Fisher/Adcock/Duffield.

This will allow me to upgrade Waters (who has question marks over his head) to a premium back. I would have to give up on Ward though, who also has question marks and replace with a rookie.

I guess its a little to early to tell, really depends on NAB cup form/role. But if i am going to make a change to my team, the above trade would be it.

Thoughts?

Edit: I just realised my team doesn't have anyone that can use the Dual Position option haha. I do have 4 forwards that can be mids, but i have them all in my forward line, so the rule won't work. Hmmmmm.....

Alright;

Spent the last couple of hours looking into a team, this is what I have come up with (With 20k Left):

Defenders:

B. Goddard, C. Enright, L. Hodge, B. Lake, J. Hawksley, M.Broadbent, R. Ladson

B. Sheppard, P. Davis

Midfielders:

D. Swan, J. Bartel, A. Cooney, P. Dangerfield, J. Trengove, D. Martin

A. Morabito, L. Shuey

Ruck:

M. Clark, M. Kruezer

J. Trengove, M. Lobbe

Forwards:

N. Riewoldt, A. Didak, L. Franklin, R. Murphy, R. Gray, J. Polkinghorne, T. Lynch

T. Dennis-Lane, L. Tapscott

Thoughts?
Any thoughts on this guys?

Yeah mate those moves look the gas.

I would personally lean towards Fisher out of that lot. Durable and should improve a little on last year.

Oh and what are your thoughts on Rob Murphy? could be a nice buy.

Any thoughts on this guys?

Here is my 2cents.

Backs: Your backs seem fine, however i am interested in your choice with B.Lake. He is a rather unusual pick, one that could pay dividends or come back to bite you in the arse. I for one dont see him as a good DT player, but interested to see your thoughts. I don't know much about Hawksley to comment, but other than that, the rest look good.

Mids: Awesome mids!

Rucks: Nice rucks as well! Hopefully Clarke can recreate what he did last year? I guess thats the only question mark there.

Forwards: Look fine to me.

Overal i would give your team 7.5/10. Nice work!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there is alot of players there that were only injured last year who have had there prices drop, alot of them scored well the year before.

On a quick count, I reckon 13 of your starters didn't play more than 16 games last year. Waite and Hille are no certainty to be ready for round 1. Wona, as far as I know, had another injury setback this preseason, and might not even be best 22. Schulz is rubbish and Grant is no certainty to be best 22.

Of the others I'd so two (Ladson & Cox) fit into the category of scoring well the year before. The rest have had durability concerns for at least the past 2 years, if not more.

BACKS:

B. Goddard
L. Hodge
J. Adcock
G. Broughton
A. Mackie
R. Ladson
B. Sheppard

MID:

N. Dal Santo
B. Vince
B. Prismall
D. Kerr
T. Scully
A. Morabito

RUCKS:

M. Clark
D. Hille

FORWARDS:

N. Riewoldt
M. Pavlich
S. Higgins
C. Riloi
P. Dangerfield
J. Butcher
S. Gumbleton

SUBS:
C. Howard
S. Crameri

D. Martin
B. Cunnington

R. Warnock
D. Currie

A. Moore
N. Westhoff

Not sure about the middle. feedback welcome.$232,000 still in the bank

Backs:

Enright
Hodge
Newman
Macdonald
Schoenmakers
Simon Buckley
Waters

Mids:

Gibbs
Deledio
Cameron Bruce
Armitage
Palmer
Trengove

Rucks:

Kreuzer
Tippet

Forwards:

Riewoldt
Pavlich
Brown
Waite
Lecras
Gray
Ziebell

Sorry for bumping the thread, made a few changes, can someone give me some help with the above team, thanks.

My unfinalised team-

def:
GODdard (mid)
Gram (mid)
Hodge (mid)
Enright
M. Brown
Waters
Sheppard

Shoenmakers
P. Davis (fwd)

mid:
Swan
Vince
Sylvia (fwd)
Higgins (fwd)
Dalziell
Swift

Trengove
Shuey

ruck:
Clark
Tippett (fwd)

Trengove
Warnock

fwd:
Chapman (mid)
Reiwoldt
Ziebell (mid)
Rowan
Butcher
Talia
Gumbleton

Moore
Tapscott

my team again. What are ur thoughts? Would love some feedback before I go tinkering with it again. There's 12000 left in the kitty

Hey all ... what are your thoughts about my team?

Defenders
Enright, C (Gee)
Hodge, L (Haw)
Mackie, A (Gee)
Selwood, S (WCE)
Kennelly, T (Syd)
Ladson, R (Haw)
Waters, B (WCE)
Bench
Sheppard, B (WCE)
Davis, P (Ade)

Midfield
Bartel, J (Gee)
Selwood, J (Gee)
Dalziell, B (WCE)
Armitage, D (StK)
Swift, T (WCE)
Trengrove, J (Mel)
Bench
Martin, D (Ric)
Shuey, L (WCE)

Rucks
Cox, D (WCE)
Kreuzer, M (Car)
Bench
Trengrove, J (PtA)
Lobbe, M (PtA)

Forwards
Riewoldt, N (StK)
Pavlich, M (Fre)
Rioli, C (Haw)
LeCras, M (WCE)
Gray, R (PtA)
Polkinghorne, J (Bri)
Mayne, C (Fre)
Bench
Dennis-Lane, T (Syd)
Tapscott, L (Mel)

I haven't been able to do much research this off-season so there's a few stab-in-the-dark selections.

Cheers

Here is my 2cents.

Backs: Your backs seem fine, however i am interested in your choice with B.Lake. He is a rather unusual pick, one that could pay dividends or come back to bite you in the arse. I for one dont see him as a good DT player, but interested to see your thoughts. I don't know much about Hawksley to comment, but other than that, the rest look good.

Mids: Awesome mids!

Rucks: Nice rucks as well! Hopefully Clarke can recreate what he did last year? I guess thats the only question mark there.

Forwards: Look fine to me.

Overal i would give your team 7.5/10. Nice work!
Cheers mate,

Regarding Lake;

I do probably see him more so as a SC player than DT, and is one I have flagged to look into.

Though so far his preseason has been strong from what I have read, he averaged over 80 in DT Last year, and played every game. Went really strong in the second half of the season which I hope will continue on to this year.

Cheers mate,

Regarding Lake;

I do probably see him more so as a SC player than DT, and is one I have flagged to look into.

Though so far his preseason has been strong from what I have read, he averaged over 80 in DT Last year, and played every game. Went really strong in the second half of the season which I hope will continue on to this year.

Fair enough mate.

Just be mindful that he will be a fairly up and down scorer, given his role in the side. Sometimes he can get 100+ and others he will get 50. It really depends on who we vs and who we have in defence (i.e if Williams is injured or not etc).

Hope it works out for you! :thumbsu:

Defenders
(CAR) 1. CARRAZZO, Andrew
(HAW) 2. HODGE, Luke
(COL) 3. SHAW, Heath
(CAR) 4. WAITE, Jarrad
(FRE) 5. MCPHEE, Adam
(HAW) 6. LADSON, Rick
(WCE) 7. WATERS, Beau
Mids
(HAW) 8. MITCHELL, Sam
(PTA) 9. CASSISI, Domenic
(WBD) 10. COONEY, Adam
(CAR) 11. MCLEAN, Brock
(COL) 12. BALL, Luke
(RIC) 13. MARTIN, Dustin
Rucks
(ADE) 14. TIPPETT, Kurt
(ESS) 15. HILLE, David
Forwards
(SYD) 16. O'KEEFE, Ryan
(BRL) 17. BROWN, Jonathan
(FRE) 18. PAVLICH, Matthew
(HAW) 19. FRANKLIN, Lance
(PTA) 20. GRAY, Robbie
(ADE) 21. BURTON, Brett
(SYD) 22. DENNIS-LANE, Trent
Bench DEF
(WCE) 23. SHEPPARD, Bradley
(BRL) 24. MAGUIRE, Matt
Mid
(MEL) 25. TRENGOVE, Jack
(WCE) 26. SHUEY, Luke
RUCKS
(CAR) 27. WARNOCK, Robert
(PTA) 28. LOBBE, Matthew
Forwards
(ESS) 29. GUMBLETON, Scott
(ADE) 30. DAVIS, Phil

hey guys any thoughts have 102 k in the bank any upgrades or downgrades you can see?

Brad Sheppard
Adam Cooney
Chris Masten

Ben Cunnington
Nick Riewoldt

I will just pass comment on the above bold players and Cunnington.

Sheppard - Starting a rookie in the backs can be dangerous, but it is really a wait and see approach with Sheppard. I would recommend designing a team without starting a rookie in the backs, just incase he does not play in round 1.

Cooney - Seems to be under priced, but I am unsure about his preseason, really watch to see if he is having a full preseaon before selecting him.

Masten - If you select Masten, you're hoping he will average 95+ ppg and be your 6th midfielder. His junior years should he could score big, but you would hope he becomes a more outside mid and also that he is over his injury issues. I would consider maybe a cheaper stepping stone option, a player that you will upgrade.

Volt - He is potentially fully priced and would not to improve his average from last season by 10% to maintain his price. If you're willing to accept this potential drop in price, then go for gold. Still he is a tall forward and over the years they have shown the ability to drop in price at some point during the season.

Cunnington - He has some injury issues, so watch the preseason on his recovery, but he should be a tackling machine at AFL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back