Rate my team Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries

Oh, and put Warnock on the field over Bellchambers, he's much more likely to be starting 22

Yeah i probably will, i just used the NAB cup trial score for that one, because Bellchambers got a 54 and Warnock only got a 23 so i put Chambers in my starting 22 but yeah i will change it

Hi all,

I'm not very good at DT, but wanna get better. hopefully I can make the top 8 in my league this year! ... any advice on my team would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Foose.

dt-2010.JPG

Hi all,

I'm not very good at DT, but wanna get better. hopefully I can make the top 8 in my league this year! ... any advice on my team would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Foose.

dt-2010.JPG

Eyy mate goin by that team ya as bad at dream team as ya may think:)
id probably downgrade a mid fielder and upgrade gumbleton. Rucks are a bit shakey but do have a big upside if ottens stays fit and nic nat explodes. Polaks an interest selection. Dont like naming players but would probably rather a waters or ladson there but other than that looks pritty good!
Also Franklin is out round 1 as you may know. If its just a league win your after then dw about it and cop the zero. If your after overall position make sure you got cover for him for round one!

Alll the best!

No worries

Oh, and put Warnock on the field over Bellchambers, he's much more likely to be starting 22
I wouldn't both picking Bellchambers at all. Will see very little game time considering Hille has an excellent preseason and looks right to return. Ryder will continue his ruck/rover type role as a backup ruckman and Laycock shouldn't be too far away returning from injury.

Eyy mate goin by that team ya as bad at dream team as ya may think:)
id probably downgrade a mid fielder and upgrade gumbleton. Rucks are a bit shakey but do have a big upside if ottens stays fit and nic nat explodes. Polaks an interest selection. Dont like naming players but would probably rather a waters or ladson there but other than that looks pritty good!
Also Franklin is out round 1 as you may know. If its just a league win your after then dw about it and cop the zero. If your after overall position make sure you got cover for him for round one!

Alll the best!

Cheers mate, Yeah, I dont really care about winning the whole thing, just beating the pricks at work who have made my life hell the last 2 seasons!

Thanks...

Foose.

Thoughts & Suggestions:
Backs
Enright
Bock
Hodge
Shaw
Mackie
Malceski
Hunt
RES – Maguire & Trengove
Mids
Ablett
Bartel
L Ball
McVeigh
Martin
Barlow RES – Jetta & Bastinac
RUC
Tippett
Hille
RES – Warnock & Roughead
FWDS
R/Woldt
O’Keefe
Gia Kerosineuser
Buddy
R Gray
Hall
Dangefield
RES – Rockcliff & Podsiadly

Hey guys, long time reader, would appreciate any suggestions:

B: Goddard, Enright, Bock, C Cornes, Adcock, Drummond, Malceski (Waters, Nason)
M: Ablett, Deledio, Mitchell, Masten, Trengrove, Martin (L Jetta, Shuey)
R: Hille, Natanui (Warnock, Fitzpatrick)
F: Pavlich, Gian, Franklin, Ziebell, Hall, Rusling, Gumbleton (Pods, R Roberts)

At the moment I think I need to get rid of Drummond, Fitzpatrick, Rusling, Gumbleton and R Roberts with $217,400 left to spend. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks mate, im making some tweaks right now
Enright is your captain?
You dont pay $520k for players to not smash a 'c' on them!
If your not going to use them as captain I would argue they are fully priced and you should get someone a little cheaper who has the ability to improve this year (plenty of good ones around $450k)

You have massively overspent in your mids. Playing Silvagni and Rockliff are massive risks I dont see paying off. I suggest downgrading 2 or Ablett, montangna and Swan to mid $450k's and upgrading the two aforementioned players.

Hey guys, long time reader, would appreciate any suggestions:

B: Goddard, Enright, Bock, C Cornes, Adcock, Drummond, Malceski (Waters, Nason)
M: Ablett, Deledio, Mitchell, Masten, Trengrove, Martin (L Jetta, Shuey)
R: Hille, Natanui (Warnock, Fitzpatrick)
F: Pavlich, Gian, Franklin, Ziebell, Hall, Rusling, Gumbleton (Pods, R Roberts)

At the moment I think I need to get rid of Drummond, Fitzpatrick, Rusling, Gumbleton and R Roberts with $217,400 left to spend. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

C Cornes? Risky alot of Port people are keen to see him out of the side for a younger group of players. However you do have Waters as cover which I do like.

Deledio, in Richmond a side on the slide do you see him improving? I see them playing alot more youth and that will see him with less support and more attention. I dont see the upside.

Rucks are abit risky but I like it. More of an all or trading approach. Could give you an edge, however keep in mind you will almost certainly need to trade atleast one up or out during the year.

Forwardline is definately your weak spot. Lots of cheaper range players and your playing a rookie. I see this being where you encounter problems and I would look to try and upgrade Gumbleton prices player to a keeper/premium at minimum. Goodluck

Thoughts & Suggestions:
Backs
Enright
Bock
Hodge
Shaw
Mackie
Malceski
Hunt
RES – Maguire & Trengove
Mids
Ablett
Bartel
L Ball
McVeigh
Martin
Barlow RES – Jetta & Bastinac
RUC
Tippett
Hille
RES – Warnock & Roughead
FWDS
R/Woldt
O’Keefe
Gia Kerosineuser
Buddy
R Gray
Hall
Dangefield
RES – Rockcliff & Podsiadly

Nice side, I see no real comment.
Im sure you have weighed up the risks and it seems a well thought out side.

Enright is your captain?
You dont pay $520k for players to not smash a 'c' on them!
If your not going to use them as captain I would argue they are fully priced and you should get someone a little cheaper who has the ability to improve this year (plenty of good ones around $450k)

You have massively overspent in your mids. Playing Silvagni and Rockliff are massive risks I dont see paying off. I suggest downgrading 2 or Ablett, montangna and Swan to mid $450k's and upgrading the two aforementioned players.

I agree re the captain (in fact I should have noticed that myself)...if you choose Ablett and Swan one of them has to be your captain.

I think you're confusing the issue. Silvagni and Rockliff are risky picks but they're not in there because the premiums are (particularly when they're not midfield either). And they can be switched without having to upgrade premiums-for example Duncan for Rockliff and someone like Davis for Silvagni.

I think there's nothing wrong with 'overpaying' on mids. In fact with guys like Ablett and Swan I think the bigger risk is to leave them out.

Having said that yes, if you downgraded either to a Bartel or a Selwood or even a Boyd, you wouldn't be slaughtering yourself.

C Cornes? Risky alot of Port people are keen to see him out of the side for a younger group of players. However you do have Waters as cover which I do like.

Deledio, in Richmond a side on the slide do you see him improving? I see them playing alot more youth and that will see him with less support and more attention. I dont see the upside.

Rucks are abit risky but I like it. More of an all or trading approach. Could give you an edge, however keep in mind you will almost certainly need to trade atleast one up or out during the year.

Forwardline is definately your weak spot. Lots of cheaper range players and your playing a rookie. I see this being where you encounter problems and I would look to try and upgrade Gumbleton prices player to a keeper/premium at minimum. Goodluck

Pretty similar to my thoughts so I'm pretty happy with that response thanks. Pods has been drafted to play though so I think he will be getting games (as long as someone gets injured), Roberts needs to go though he's too risky (even though he's been promoted). I'll work on the Rusling/Gumbleton situation and re-post soon!

With Deledio however I think he will have more support if anything, he dominated the second half of last season without Foley, Martin and sometimes Cotchin.

Help us out here gents...

$27,400 left over

Backs: Enright, Hodge, Drummond, Malceski, Dempsey, Kennelly, Ladson (Farmer, Maguire)
Mids: Corey, Watson, Doughty, Rich, Scully, Martin (Trengove, Shuey)
Rucks: Ryder, Kreuzer (McEvoy, Lobbe)
Fwds: Riewoldt, Sylvia, Franklin, Kennedy, Tippet, Williams, Dangerfield (Moore, Gumbleton)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sylvia has a broken jaw for starters. Corey has had an interupted pre season so I'd get rid of him as well. Not sure if Rich will raise his average much from last season. I would try and get Barlow in there somewhere as well.

Sadly it won't allow me to photo my team, so here's the list:

B: Goddard Enright Hodge Shaw Kennelly Hunt Ladson emg: Maguire, Farmer

C: Ablett (C), Swan (VC), Bartell, Ziebell, Martin, Barlow emg : Shuey, Bastinac

F: Riewoldt Chapman O Keefe Murphy Warren Dangerfield Duncan emg : Hitchcock Pods

R: Sandi Ottens emg : Warnock Lobbe

Feel free to fire away the feedback

$27,400 left over

Backs: Enright, Hodge, Drummond, Malceski, Dempsey, Kennelly, Ladson (Farmer, Maguire)
Fwds: Riewoldt, Sylvia, Franklin, Kennedy, Tippet, Williams, Dangerfield (Moore, Gumbleton)

Good team. The backs are a bit risky for potential injuries but so's everyone's DT I've seen. Will score well.

Corey will play round 1 but coming off an opp I'd swtich him with Bartel or Selwood at least for now.

The midfield could do with one more keeper...personally I'd downgrade Dought and then upgrade Watson.

I reckon you need more forward bench backup if you have the cap room.

Other than that, nice.

Not a bad side Pure.
I would probably swap Ziebell inplace of Duncan in your forwards and perhaps go a Trengove/Connors in your mids as I feel youve got a better chance of 3/5 rookies playing than 1/3 forwards. Also your other 3 mids are solid so theres less risk of your rookies needing to cover someone else.

Chapman, Murphy infact most of your forwards may need cover for a week or two here and there and the good rookies should be reserved for them.

Hey guys

Any Feedback on my team would be greatfully appreciated

Back: Goddard, Hodge, H.Shaw, J.Macdonald, Kennelly, Ladson, Hunt(Maguire, Nason)
Midfielders:Bartel, Pendlebury, S.Mitchell, D.Kerr, J.Trengove, D.Martin(Barlow, Banner)
Rucks: Sandilands, Hille ( R.Warnock, Mcnamara)
Fowards: Riewoldt, O'Keefe,Pavlich, Giansiracusa, R.Gray, Ziebell, Dangerfield ( T.Taylor, Podsiadly)

And there is $50,000 left in the bank

$27,400 left over

Also not sure if Corey is going to play round 1. I like your foward line with both Kennedy and Tippet in it

Backs
Enright, Doughty, Hodge, Shaw H, Kennelly, Ladson, Hunt......Maguire, Silvagni

Mids
Bartel, Boyd, Goddard, Mackay, Martin, Trengove.....Banner, Shuey

Rucks
Clark, Ottens......Warnock, Lobbe

Forwards
Riewoldt, ROK, Gia, Buddy, Gray, Warren, Dangerfield......Rockliff, Gumby

Backs.....Kennelly, Ladson, Hunt.....I know the risks and this set up is not concrete.......yet......

Mids......I've moved Goddard in there......unsure of that yet. With him there I can utilise the DP card....with Doughty and Hodge in the backs if required. 2 rookies starting.....

Rucks.....Ottens......I know.......

Forwards....obviously if there is no cover for Buddy in R1, this set up will change. Gray.....have heard the rumours....i'm ignoring them for now...Warren....he's in that tricky price range...unsure yet, but he looked good in the pre season....

Any assistance appreciated....cheers......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back