Ratten gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

In as parochial and emotional a construct as football, seems like as good a reason as any.

Well, no, it isn't. It's a stupid, childish reason.

Does he know the guy personally? Did he wrong him in any way? Probably not. I dislike some football players, but only because of their actions. You don't have to like the guy or anything, but it's extremely petty disliking someone you don't even know personally based on the sole fact that they play at an opposition club. Stupid, really.

You don't like him because he played for Carlton?

What a childish, moronic and trivial reason. Get over yourself.
I don't know the bloke, but being the essence of Carlton, I won't be going out of my way to meet him.
Hate that club and am delighting in seeing them lambasted across the board and the players embarrassing their jumper.

You don't like a person because he plays for a club you don't like?

That's just being petty. You're an idiot.

I'm an idiot because I don't like someone that you do?

That's just being petty.

Why is Fev the centre of discussion on a thread about Ratten?
Personally, I think Ratten is a victim of the Malthouse Instant Success syndrome. I do believe that Mick is a good coach, but appointing him as coach does not necessarily guarantee a 'flag'.

Thats quite a novel idea, hire a coach because he is great at giving "exit interviews":cool:

There is nothing wrong with him as a caoch. He had the boys on his side and was getting excellet progress out of guys like Robinson, Laidler, Hampson, Henderson and Walker. Question marks over Gibbs sure but he had more success than failure.

Ratten's composure and acceptance today showed that he is (and has) been about much more than himself. He understands that Carlton are hell bent on Mick and he knows that no matter what he did he was stuffed, but he will go out with his head held high knowing he was doing a damn good job in developing a list that was a total rabble when he started.

He should go for the Port job but the more I think about it the more I can see the following -

1. Eade to Port as head coach.

2. Williams to the Pies as Director of Coaching.

3. Ratten to GWS as senior assistant for 2013 and head coach from 2014 with Sheedy stepping back into a Director of Coaching/Head of Football Dept position.

I'm calling you an idiot because the reasons you give are idiotic and childish. Not that hard, matey.

Oh, ok then, obviously you're correct.

She's a god damn witch. Always trying to make a story out of nothing. And instead of reporting on facts and actual proper football issues, she writes opinionated crap usually with a hidden agenda. She may be honest, but her opinion on anything football is worth nothing.
Just makes her the same as 80% of the football journos out there.

I'm like a pig in shit. Strife at Essendon, strife at Carlton, strife at Collingwood, posters from the aformentioned clubs melting down and turning on each other. All the meanwhile, the Hawks are walk up starts for the Grand Final. Delicious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm like a pig in shit. Strife at Essendon, strife at Carlton, strife at Collingwood, posters from the aformentioned clubs melting down and turning on each other. All the meanwhile, the Hawks are walk up starts for the Grand Final. Delicious.

"and in the distance, the rumble of thunder was heard"

Carlton promised to undertake an indepth review and they chickened out/lost patience because of the Gold Coast loss. It's really sad for Carlton fans that their board couldn't wait a week for the season to end and to actually do the hard yards instead of just sacking the coach presumably because Malthouse bluffed them into it.

From what I gather, Ratten himself forced the issue with where he stood thus resulting in the early decision.

The obvious thing for Ratten to do now is go for the Port Adelaide job, he has nothing to lose and he is a 5 year experienced coach. Port would be crazy not to talk to him, he has done a great job with the Blues despite the fact that the Grizzly bears at Carlton were hovering large over his carcass for at least two years. Ratten lacked support, he lacked confidence from the board and he did the best he could during an injury riddled season. Losing Murphy for 7 weeks and then Judd's brain fade didn't help matters.
The Malthouse name itself was enough to bury him, if he is available then the thought process was to get him at all costs. They now can get their man. I am not sure he will do any better unless Carlton can find a key forward from somewhere, now i wonder who might be available?

shock-horror2.jpg

.............This decision was made in principal at the start of the year. Let's not kid ourselves. Poor Ratten, he deserved proper support and better treatment.

While we're talking about leadership Chris Judd is not the answer, he's the very person to look, look to be doing the right thing while completely ****ing you over behind the scenes.

And yes, I went through CGS with him.

.............This decision was made in principal at the start of the year. Let's not kid ourselves. Poor Ratten, he deserved proper support and better treatment.

Oh, c'mon. Had Ratten delivered on the Top 4 promise this wouldn't be happening.

You don't think the CFC would rather have Brett Ratten, former captain and premiership B&F winner being the guy who takes them to a flag than Mick Malthouse?

Was that before or after they gave him the two year contract?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ratten gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back