Ratten To Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

random260

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Look lets be real Voss will take Carlton to 8-12 on ladder. Ratten will take Carlton 5-8 on the ladder.

I think they need to bring him back. He is the heart and soul of Carlton and they haven't been in the golden era ever since he left.

I think the right call is to bring him in. They will improve to at least 5-8 on ladder. It's a guaranteed 3 spot improvement.

I'm sure many modern day Carlton fans are positively remembering their golden era with Ratten.

No, very average coach and was allowed to plod along in mediocrity at St Kilda for so many years because supporters felt bad about how he was shafted for Malthouse by evil Carlton

no they don’t need Ratten. They need to stop having boys club boys on the board and stop having “powerbrokers” interfere and undermine.

Who was the last Richmond “powerbroker” to come over the top in the media and undermine the board? Probably was in 2016. Since then it’s been a united front with a common goal and picking people who aren’t just part of the boys club but have the right abilities.

Meanwhile at Essendon, you have Sheedy undermining the rest of the board and playing a one man band role. At Carlton, Mathieson (and Silvagni in a non board role) have wielded far too much control.

That’s their biggest issue.

Golden ear with Ratten as a player existed, as a coach not so much.
The 50.4% winning golden era.

In almost 10 years as a senior coach, he's never really demonstrated that he's better than mediocre. He's been in the right place at the right time once or twice and I wouldn't begrudge him another full time go-around, but I think he is what he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 50.4% winning golden era.

In almost 10 years as a senior coach, he's never really demonstrated that he's better than mediocre. He's been in the right place at the right time once or twice and I wouldn't begrudge him another full time go-around, but I think he is what he is.
So he'd be better than Voss, but not as good as Lyon?

Look lets be real Voss will take Carlton to 8-12 on ladder. Ratten will take Carlton 5-8 on the ladder.

I think they need to bring him back. He is the heart and soul of Carlton and they haven't been in the golden era ever since he left.

I think the right call is to bring him in. They will improve to at least 5-8 on ladder. It's a guaranteed 3 spot improvement.

I'm sure many modern day Carlton fans are positively remembering their golden era with Ratten.

Will never happen !!!

He was treated extremely poorly when he was dispensed with in favour of Malthouse.

He's a really decent guy who didn't deserve that treatment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ratten To Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back