Rawlings for 1 year contract

Remove this Banner Ad

SDM08

Debutant
Sep 26, 2008
Knoxfield
AFL Club
Richmond
What would Rawlings do differently if he was given a one year contract verses someone else who is in their first of a 3 year contract?

He knows the system, he knows the players (especially the young or the marginal) better than any new coach (from outside). Its not about a technical game plan, its about back-to-basics.

Maybe the search for the next coach doesn't bring what we want to the table?

I would not rule out the possability of Jade getting the job, but a one year contract would be silly - if he gets it it will e a two year contract - anyone else will be 3 year.

He has impressed as a coach and i have heard him address his players and iy has been all good. Good enough to get the job? that i am not sure of.

I would not rule out the possability of Jade getting the job, but a one year contract would be silly - if he gets it it will e a two year contract - anyone else will be 3 year.

He has impressed as a coach and i have heard him address his players and iy has been all good. Good enough to get the job? that i am not sure of.

he gets the benefit of a road test...wish all the rookies could be put under same circumstances...Good luck to him...If he won every remaining game Id be the first to congratulate him and table a 2 yr deal:thumbsu:

rawlo will need to win minimum 7 to be on the short short list...still early days yet for him...will get a guage on how the team goes for him against the ladder leaders sunday

What if the short list is 0?

Why is 1 year silly?

We have basically written off any current coaches because of our application deadline of the 3rd of July. Which just re-inforces that we will go for a young coach.

I believe the decision for next years coach will be made before the this season is finished which will make it Hard for Rawlings to impress.

I believe we will open up a Football manager position to a former Coach who is out spoken. Someone like Sheedy or Balme or Connolly... along those lines. We will then appoint a young coach who wont need to be too media savvy and can concentrate more on the coaching aspect.

Laidley would be valuable in a behind the scenes type role but due to his relatively poor media skills probably wouldn't be considered in a football manager role.

Sheedy would need to give up too much other stuff which I doubt he would so I would baulk at him.

Balme fits the bill.

Hinkley is my choice as coach... Geelong would hate us.

answering the question. if Rawlings was to get the job and it was only 1 year. we would most likley see players like schulz, brown, simmo kept on. but if you give him 2 or 3 he and has the same mindset he has now he would get rid of those players.

answering the question. if Rawlings was to get the job and it was only 1 year. we would most likley see players like schulz, brown, simmo kept on. but if you give him 2 or 3 he and has the same mindset he has now he would get rid of those players.

I have the feeling that the timeframe of the application deadline may present to be a problem. So i thought, what happens? We then only consider applicants that we wouldn't really want? Or do we lengthen out the application process?

Rawlings has shown the guts to try the young guys (tho it helps not having any expectations). I can't see the new coach changing that next year anyway. Better to blood new guys when expectations are low. We will delist as many players as we can, and replace with players that show some promise. But the list is not entirely up to the coach really anyway.

So if our application process turns up nada (in the timeframe) i would consider JR for a full year. Obviously a coach with a 3 year contract is the preferred option, as long as its not Laidley or Pagan.

Why not he has been around the club a while, is more in the know with the players (due to his age) has kept an emphasis on youth and has a low profile.
Hopefully these influences will encourage and nurture not only our players but all our long suffering supporters.
Allowing Jade to take a 1 year contract could be what the club needs, stability.
;)

A one year contract doesn't bring stability, it will bring another year of question marks over who will be Richmonds coach the next year, especially if we get off to a bad start again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rawlings for 1 year contract

Remove this Banner Ad

Back