snorkels

Debutant
Nov 27, 2008
perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
West Coast Eagles
Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man is Ben Cousins"

I noticed Tambling Morton and a couple of others really upping their game...

Is it the new coach or is it Cousins making the real difference at Tigers?

............The returns in that time have been good. Four 20-plus disposal games, at an average of 23 touches, despite Cousins never spending more than 60 per cent of them on the ground. But it's what's coming along with those numbers that is beginning to have a marked impact at Punt Road on Cousins' teammates and coaches.

"When he speaks, everyone listens," says Richmond assistant coach David King. "He's a very knowledgeable guy, got a great footy intellect, and that's often overlooked with all the 'bad boy' stuff. What he has to say is always accurate."

Caretaker Richmond coach Jade Rawlings, however, appeared of a different view yesterday. "I won't get drawn into next year, but he has been a major acquisition to this footy club," he said.

"The way that he supports his teammates, the way that he approaches his training, has been fantastic.

"When I coached him at Coburg, he actually distracted me because he was walking around slapping his teammates' backs, encouraging them - he had no ego, no 'I'm just getting my game time up'. I've watched him on the bench at Richmond games - he wants to play for Richmond and win games of footy. I couldn't respect him any more for that."

There can be no price put on his worth the to the club. He has boosted our membership, our marketing value but that is just incomparable to the benefit he will have on the careers of our young blokes. You can see it in the warm up and during the game just how much they look up to him and just how much he builds them up and inspires them.

A guy like that can make his team mates walk 10 foot tall. I doubted him in the past but am stoked that we have him and only wish the best for him. Not to mention that I love watching him running around playing great footy for the yellow and black.

There can be no price put on his worth the to the club. He has boosted our membership, our marketing value but that is just incomparable to the benefit he will have on the careers of our young blokes. You can see it in the warm up and during the game just how much they look up to him and just how much he builds them up and inspires them.

A guy like that can make his team mates walk 10 foot tall. I doubted him in the past but am stoked that we have him and only wish the best for him. Not to mention that I love watching him running around playing great footy for the yellow and black.

Personally I don't care about the off field stuff but agree with you 100% on the effect he is having on field. The guy is a born leader on field (and I emphasize on field) and his work ethic alone has got to rub off on the others. He has a Brett Kirk effect on other guys during a game. I can now understand why Eagles supporters loved the bloke the way they did (and probably still do). He would be talked about as one of the all time greats during this modern era if he didn't stuff up and lose 2 of his best years.

He will be one of the all time best acquisitions if his body holds up. Still plenty of great footy left in him.

I love him ...

How easy would it for him to have just chucked it all in ?

Funny thing drug addiction , unless you have walked a mile in his shoes , few understand it .

Why can`t we breed footballers like him ? ... that is the question

Buckley has said he would cut him if he was in charge...

Keep the Cuz - he rocks. Genuine gun and watching the boys gather before walking off last night, there was lots of appreciation for and from Ben.

Luv the Cuz

Apparently he said today he'd keep him for another year after what he's seen over the past couple of weeks.

Really? Cool :)

Cuz also runs screens which so few others at Tigerland do - saw him run straight between deledio and selwood last night at a stoppage to break selwood's hold on lids. Bloody great.

Shame that that is something taught in Under 12's and most of our guys were away that week

Remove this Banner Ad

Rawlings on Sky News today..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back