Game Day dusty doco 7:30pm on the Richmond website

Remove this Banner Ad

And C9 actually said on their 6pm news that night that Dusty could be charged with attempted murder.

Who knows what would've happened if a couple of fans didn't say that the lady was bullshitting out of her arse.
I think I he police investigation and the restaurants CCTV footage showed there was nothing in it. Media already had him crucified by then though.

You could use approximate mathematical odds … the very best players in the Brownlow are voted BOG 15-20% of games. Of modern day Bont on 20.6% the highest I could find.

So if you assumed those same odds carried over into a GF, then odds of 3 x NS in 3 x GF’s are : 0.2 x 0.2 x 0.2. So on very basic maths, just under a 1% chance for the VERY BEST players in the competition.

Obviously if they played in more than 3 x GF’s, the odds would increase (I can’t remember Year-12 maths well enough to remember how to calculate if they play in 4, 5 etc…).

But if we focus on 3 x GF’s. We could expect that for every one of the VERY BEST AND MOST ELITE players in the competition, they’d be less than a 1% chance of winning 3 x NS medals if they appeared in 3 x GF’s. And majority of the most elite players won’t get to play in 3 x GF’s. Danger has played in 2. Fyfe 1. Neale 1. Bont 2.

In other words … I’m not sure we will see 3 x NS’s in our lifetime again. And we almost certainly won’t see 3 x GA awards and 3 x NS’s. That’s why Martin’s name will live in football folklore whilst many others of today’s era won’t. Oppo supporters will deny it and won’t like it, but that’s what’ll happen. It’s why Skilton, Bunton, Stewart and Reynolds names are etched in history, whilst other superstars of previous era’s who may have been just as good barely rate a mention.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If we were to say Dusty aside, Ablett Jnr, Judd, Pendlebury, Bontempelli, Neale, Dangerfield, Robert Harvey, Fyfe, Swan, Mitchell, Mitchell, Selwood, Oliver, Petracca are the best vote getters in the modern era to have played in at least 1 Grand Final.

Those are the top 14 vote getters by average Brownlow votes per game in the AFL era, so I will leave out a player like Franklin who is well in the upper echelon of players but playing in a position where it is a lot more difficult to get votes.

6 Grand Finals - Selwood

5 Grand Finals - S Mitchell, S Pendlebury*(counting the mulligan 2010 GF)

4 Grand Finals - Ablett Jnr,

3 Grand Finals - Swan

2 Grand Finals - Dangerfield, Bontempelli, Judd*, T Mitchell

1 Grand Final - Neale, Harvey, Fyfe, Oliver, Petracca*

These guys ARE the top vote getters and have played in a combined 36 Grand Finals for a combined 3 Norm Smith Medals. Which implies the gun vote getters would normally be about and 8.5% chance to be BOG in a GF. But let's be a bit fair here and eliminate all the GF's those players played when not in the 22-31yo window, where basically all Norm Smith medallists come from.

So we deduct GF's as follows:

Joel - 2007, 08, 09, 20, 22
Sam - 2014, 15
Scott - 2023
Gary - 2020
Patrick - 2022
Marcus - 2016

The rest were all played within their prime years spans, just like Dusty's 3 appearances.

So the combined prime years GF's played by all these top vote getters are 25, for 3 Norm Smith Medals.

This implies a roughly 12% chance. So a high(like top 15 this century, Dusty aside) vote getting player going BOG BOG BOG in his only 3 Grand finals is more like 0.12 x 0.12 x 0.12 = <0.2% chance. Ie less chance than a 500 to 1 shot in betting parlance.

Put it another way.....the other top 14 vote getters by average Brownlow votes in the AFL era have played a combined 25 Grand Finals IN THEIR PRIMES for 3 Norm Smith medals between them.

v

The other of the top 15 Brownlow vote getters, Dustin Martin, has played 3 Grand Finals for 3 Norm Smith Medals on his own. It is roughly a 600-1 shot if you take all the other top 15 Brownlow vote getters as being the representative pool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His opinion. From 2010 onwards. Whether it's right order who knows but the players selected at least top 3 is probably spot on I think.

If Kane says Dusty is 3rd then he’s actually 1st.

I also don’t remember those guys demolishing 3 finals series and creating dynasty.

1 was rotting at GC and the other choked so many GFs I lost count.

Blows away the myth that Jordan McMahon winning goal meant we would get Dusty because Melbourne picked the player we wanted.
If he missed, we still would have selected Dusty at pick 1
FJ on SEN this arvo said they helped Dusty get a manager 15 months before we drafted him which meant we could keep tabs on other clubs' interest.

If Kane says Dusty is 3rd then he’s actually 1st.

I also don’t remember those guys demolishing 3 finals series and creating dynasty.

1 was rotting at GC and the other choked so many GFs I lost count.
In fairness to Ablett Geelong forced him to the GC he never wanted to leave, but they wouldn't up his contract by the additional 50k he wanted. GC came back with an offer much higher than that and he said **** ya I'm off

yep she set him up. and made shit up and rung anyone and everyone who would listen and buy her story....anyone remember the bitches name ? tracey ??
yep..that's how I remember it.
her first call- the cops no,no,no
her first call was to the channel 7 office.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back