Game Day Rd 1: Melbourne at the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping Alex Pearce surprises all of us and kicks five

On AOSP on Manta using BigFooty.com mobile app

well later today im going to the Land Of Promise hotel just outside the Adelaide CBD

Wonder if they got that Pub Special.....

For those who dont know, Brennan Cox parents own that hotel. There was a pub special. For $30 you get a Chicken Schnitzel and 10 schooners of beer or cider. Only if Brennan is playing.

One of my biggest regret was not doing that between 2017-2020/

well later today im going to the Land Of Promise hotel just outside the Adelaide CBD

Wonder if they got that Pub Special.....

For those who dont know, Brennan Cox parents own that hotel. There was a pub special. For $30 you get a Chicken Schnitzel and 10 schooners of beer or cider. Only if Brennan is playing.

One of my biggest regret was not doing that between 2017-2020/

Time to start booking holidays in Adelaide it seems...

Bloody hell was hoping to watch this before I left for my camping trip with my missus but we're leaving earlier than I thought, be lucky to get reception at the camping site. Hope I can so I can sneakily watch the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good game-
Break even in the middle but control field position by structuring and moving the ball well, small forwards apply huge pressure and our tall defence sets up a wall all day.

Bad game-
Get smashed in the middle and we have a litany of crap entries which Melbourne intercept in bad areas and are able to cut us up.

Can see both scenarios playing out.

Urgh, pretty nervous about this. But excited on one hand! Got those butterflies-in-the-tummy feeling. It's here, Round 1. The wait is over!

Bit concerned about the forward line. If Meek and Tabs push up on wings for the bomb it long down the line move, we're stuffed, as they'll be no one tall to target in the forward line! I can only hope by the selection it means we plan on attacking the corridor with exciting, swift footy (!!) and we have a lowering of the eyes policy in delivering it in. Yikes.

Not confident at all, my mixture of anxiety and excitement is too heady a brew. Luckily it's an early game (for us WA viewers) and I don't have to suffer this all day or into the mid-afternoon, dependent on outcome. It doesn't help it's compounded by moving home!

Irregardless, Freo by 27. Fyfe to float forward and kick 4 and be that missing link. Tabs to kick 2. Switta to kick the first goal after Tabs handballs over the top (!).

Freo 11.12.78 defeats Melb 7.9.51 [NOT CONFIDANT IN THIS AT ALL BUT GOING FOR IT...]

Go Boys !!!

Fyfe 30D 3G
Cerra 30D 1G
Brayshaw 25D 1G
Serong 25D 1G

that’s how we win it by the midfield , plus Tabs to kick 8 😂🤞🏻.
Freo by 17

Go Boys
us by 17

To be honest I'm a little worried about our bottom 5 picked, Guys like Switta (who i"m a fan of ) being picked after no footy for a year concerns me

I'd almost rather no more injuries than a win.
Hope Meek doesn't gas himself before three quarter time and has a great debut.
Unless Fyfe plays forward and kills it, and the rest of the midfield pick up the slack, I can see us getting beat badly.
Umpires Deboy, Stephens, Harris. I don't know who they are and I'm hoping that's still the case by the time the game is over, but fear the worst from the maggots round one in Melbourne.

Why are people so confident? Seems like a bit of a 50/50 to me.

No major injuries would be a mini win regardless of the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back