Autopsy Rd 1 - We Flog Brisbane, But at What Cost

Remove this Banner Ad

What an absolute grub this Tom Morris is. Had this shitty segment ready to go after tonight’s game then it looked ridiculous after a great win - he goes and does it anyway. The other two (actual afl players) thought it was stupid.

This show is basically Morris giving his opinion.

Plenty of big efforts today.
One that may not be considered as big but gives me a feeling of zen is seeing Fyfe use his vision and hands so well.
He had a few creative handballs again today, following on from his preseason form.
He deserves a decent run at it, and looks like he’s up for it this year .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hughes had the most rust of all, tbn I was screaming obscenities for his first half dozen disposals, but he worked into it.

Assume Ryan will need to go tall and Walker to come in with Voss/Tabs filling the void up forward. As for Worner, a shame, he was playing well.... Can Pearce, Ryan, Hughes, Walker, Clark, Draper, Aish work?
Draper is the question mark. There's 1 spot for an untried big defender you would think. So its Draper, Murphy or Davies. Otherwise its reshuffling and changing the structure too much IMO.

What an absolute grub this Tom Morris is. Had this shitty segment ready to go after tonight’s game then it looked ridiculous after a great win - he goes and does it anyway. The other two (actual afl players) thought it was stupid.

This show is basically Morris giving his opinion.

Genuine self entitled “upper” class piece of 💩 is Morris

Represents all the worst of AFL/VFL centric media

Last edited:
I saw a team of players today that are realising they are getting very close to having the required body strength of AFL players.

The way we tackled and broke tackles shows that confidence levels are high and that the goal at the end of last year to get bigger and stronger has been achieved.

For all the criticism the club has received from various quarters of late, they deserve some credit for getting back to work very efficiently after a disappointing season.

I can actually see us us physically dominating some teams this year and it should start next week.

This was a great point to raise.

Some of the boys really looked to enjoy bringing physicality to their game. Almost revenge like.

In another 18 months we're going to monster most teams.

Bring it on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game! Bloody exciting to watch and absolutely loved having actual proper season footy back today after the last couple of weeks of weird warm up / exhibition games.
Left field but given the very unfortunate turn of events with two of our key defenders today - is there any chance we could turn Tabs into an intercept marking defender?
He’s going to struggle with forward opportunity given Darcy will be back soon to push Jackson forward more, and Voss maybe ahead of him.
He has the size, great running capacity, is now a solid contested mark and his field kicking is pretty good.
His downfall up forward of getting in the other forwards way could be turned into a positive!
My only concern would be that can he be trusted to chose the right and wrong times to leave his direct opponent to intercept or impact another contest.

Great game! Bloody exciting to watch and absolutely loved having actual proper season footy back today after the last couple of weeks of weird warm up / exhibition games.
Left field but given the very unfortunate turn of events with two of our key defenders today - is there any chance we could turn Tabs into an intercept marking defender?
He’s going to struggle with forward opportunity given Darcy will be back soon to push Jackson forward more, and Voss maybe ahead of him.
He has the size, great running capacity, is now a solid contested mark and his field kicking is pretty good.
His downfall up forward of getting in the other forwards way could be turned into a positive!
My only concern would be that can he be trusted to chose the right and wrong times to leave his direct opponent to intercept or impact another contest.

Chris Tarrant Mk 2? Haha, imagine if it worked.

Losing two key backs for a long time?

Nervous The Big Bang Theory GIF
We have Chapman coming to the rescue

Thought Clark was really good today! Was solid as a rock down back and his kicking was superb.

Also loved Sharps game! The man has a serious tank and watching him live you see how much he spreads and offers an outlet even if he doesn’t get used
Loved to know what Clark said to incite the punch he received - great free kick!

Ohh dear god no

Most of it's been said but the highlights for me were Moose dominating, Ryan back to his attacking, intercepting, confident best and Fyfe being the centre of gravity in the stoppages. He just sees the game better than most and has such clean hands and a great wingspan. Didn't get the numbers or the glory but he he was literally the catalyst that allowed the others to get to work.

Fyfe and Jackson together is worth about 3 players total.

Most of it's been said but the highlights for me were Moose dominating, Ryan back to his attacking, intercepting, confident best and Fyfe being the centre of gravity in the stoppages. He just sees the game better than most and has such clean hands and a great wingspan. Didn't get the numbers or the glory but he he was literally the catalyst that allowed the others to get to work.

Fyfe and Jackson together is worth about 3 players total.
I shed a tear seeing Fyfey looking so much better

That was kind of surreal to be honest
Cant think of many Dockers games I’ve been to where we are 6 goals up against quality opposition but then still keep piling them on and maintain the intensity.

They did everything I wanted them to and much more .
Played with confidence and dare
Sped up and slowed down
Kicked accurately

Jackson worth every cent
Serong is amazing
Treacy was solid and showed what he is capable of
The crowd was good too

Great start to the season that should fill the team with confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 1 - We Flog Brisbane, But at What Cost

Remove this Banner Ad

Back