Autopsy Rd 1 - We Flog Brisbane, But at What Cost

Remove this Banner Ad

I think JL channeled Chubbs from Happy Gilmore fame and sent the runner out 10 minutes into the 1st quarter to tell the boys that it was okay and to just go to their “Happy place”…
Happy Gilmore Beer GIF

Last edited:
Kick ins had a bit of variety to them today, it’s definitely been a major frustration with our tactics.

I think it’s Darcy’s fault.

Think he yells “kick it to me or else”
I think Jackson yells “yeah nah” & the kickers not sure.

Seriously though at least with Jackson if they do kick it to him long he runs & leaps at the ball, Darcy just plants himself & it’s pretty obvious where it’s going.

One of the many things I am pleased about is
that we continued to try and move the ball aggressively even in the face of turnovers . Last year we would have dropped our heads and played safe.

if Fyfe in trouble for an incident today? seems ridiculous if he is, after what Maynard got away with

It looked like the player ran into Fyfe far more than Fyfe into Lyons, but there was blood and the player left the field so I'd be surprised if insufficient force is the outcome

One of the many things I am pleased about is
that we continued to try and move the ball aggressively even in the face of turnovers . Last year we would have dropped our heads and played safe.
We still moved the ball aggressively even with three injuries and Brisbane primed for a comeback.

I thought we’d park the bus and hang on for grim death.

JL had heaps of opportunities to play defensive football and passed every opportunity up.

Take note some of you.

had to feel sorry for Sharpe at times - he seemed to be invisible when he was calling for the ball

I think the game will open up for him as the team start to realise he is open due to his tank. If he plays the same game he did today he will have weeks that he gets it 30 times.

When the rest of the team starts to expect him to run his man into the ground and be free he will immediately look a lot better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the game will open up for him as the team start to realise he is open due to his tank. If he plays the same game he did today he will have weeks that he gets it 30 times.

When the rest of the team starts to expect him to run his man into the ground and be free he will immediately look a lot better.
His speed and tank are incredible and will really come to the fore in the 4th quarter when other players are fading.
I particularly liked that a couple of times in the last when Brisbane were threatening he had run all the way down to be the last line of defence and took a couple of interception marks.

That and no junk time goals at the end of every qtr was pleasing. Finally starting to click. Loved the connection with Treacy and Amiss up forward too. Freddy had a great day. Pearce was immense. Luke Ryan also, undersung for mine. Sharp had a great debut. Bring on Cooper next week JL.
Most of it's been said but the highlights for me were Moose dominating, Ryan back to his attacking, intercepting, confident best and Fyfe being the centre of gravity in the stoppages. He just sees the game better than most and has such clean hands and a great wingspan. Didn't get the numbers or the glory but he he was literally the catalyst that allowed the others to get to work.

Fyfe and Jackson together is worth about 3 players total.

His speed and tank are incredible and will really come to the fore in the 4th quarter when other players are fading.
I particularly liked that a couple of times in the last when Brisbane were threatening he had run all the way down to be the last line of defence and took a couple of interception marks.
I feel like he completes us

This thread title needs more optimism.

Amiss and Treacy impacted and can still improve.
The midfield looked deep and balanced.
Freddy kicked a ripper when pressure was on.
Diving spoils, crushing tackles, desperate Brayshaw willing the ball forward when we were down to 1 on the interchange.

Yes we need to wait for scans... in the meantime we know Ryan can play tall. He has his AA hair ready and there are a number of ins coming into the side in the next 4 weeks.

We spanked Brisbane. Most peoples pick for top two, with a young team full of guns!

Walker straight in for Worner, Tabs for Cox and expect Draper to debut to replace McDonald = problem solved. I’ve got to say I was super impressed by the way a 197cm Draper moved in the Eagles game. I reckon give him 3-4 games and he will be past McDonald

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

F trading for Logan Mcdonald, we are set for KPFs for the next decade already.

Lets draft some young guns with our 3 first rounders and build a dynasty.

props to Jlo, game plan looked much better, with some better run off half back. Why do all our great wins happen with us being completely shyte at the start

I agree with our 3 first rounders we need 1. A small forward with X factor 2. A quick half back flanker with a penetrating kick 3. ??

My favourite bit: sometime in the third, a high kick into the F50 pocket with a pack underneath, Treacy at the back with Amiss in front and a cluster of other players (mostly Lions). Treacy gives Amiss a good ol' shove in the back, who thereby pushes the whole pack forward, leaving Treacy free grab at the ball.

That's f**king GENIUS! We should be coaching this as a standard pack mark set up. Umps can't pay a free against pushing our own players in the back.

So after I stopped shouting at the TV after Banfield's goal....

Treacy and Amiss in a couple of years will be the best forward duo in the league

Pearce BOG for mine, could have been 7 or 8 goals down if not for him.

Worner is replaceable but OMac and Cox down will test the depth, not entirely sure who will replace OMac down back.

Fyfe's presence makes life easier in the midfield for Young, Serong and Brayshaw.

The real morale breaker, at the end of the second half and Clarks pinpoint kick to Amiss.

And let's not giveaway 4 goal starts.

It was Ryan’s pin point pass to Clark that set up that Amiss goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 1 - We Flog Brisbane, But at What Cost

Remove this Banner Ad

Back